✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAW Video out now!!

Cool! This video is released not on July 7th, but today...which is my 9 year wedding anniversary! We plan on celebrating our 10th anniversary next year hopefully seeing Coldplay live again. That's how we spent our 7 year wedding anniversary.

I liked the video! It actually makes the song much more tolerable. I liked the colors and the stop motion....so, yeah. It worked for me!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a delightful surprise! The video is just awesome! It captures perfectly the exuberance of the song. The way those old abandoned buildings are set alight with colors, celebration and hope is just endearing ! You got to be callous something fierce not to at least be slightly touched by the spirit of this video. For me it´s just perfect: I like ETIAW even more now! Well done boys!

ETIAW is an indulgence for the eyes and ears!

The video for Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is an indulgence for the eyes and ears! I’ve only watched the video once, but upon a first viewing, I’m wicked impressed and I feel I respect the song even more now. The stop motion photography combined with the flow of black light emphasizing all the color and street art gives this video a pumped up energy that combined with the lyrics makes one want to jump and twirl about. I like the abandoned setting and watching the surroundings change as the band appears in and out of various scenes. I think if a person were to see this video the first time they heard the song, they would have a great first impression of ETIAW. The scene with the painted heart beating on the wall while Chris sings beating his chest was a perfect visual treat. I absolutely adore Will and his drumming at the end – a very nice touch indeed. I will watch this video again and again. As someone who doesn’t “do” a lot of color, I feel inspired to wear splashy bits of color and feel like grabbing a can of spray paint to graffiti my desk at work singing “From underneath the rubble sing a rebel song!”

Well I definitely prefer the video to the song, the editing is fantastic. I love the stop motion style of it similar to Strawberry Swing. I think the video actually complements the song really well and every time I listen to the song from now on I'll be be thinking of paint being splashed everywhere. The song makes a bit more sense when being played over the video and I think I sort of 'get' the song a bit more now.

Just woke up and saw the new video! first thoughts...

Los Angeles or Chicago skyline? I can't tell

Strawberry Swing, and color.. omg the color...

Will's drumming at the end = awesome

Can't wait to see you guys break down all the graffiti art looking for album clues haha

Maybe it's their point to start the song kind of jerky with the stop motion, and make it more smooth flowing towards the end.

And I've really grown to love this song.

The best thing about this video is that its both mainstream and a bit different at the same time.. different in a sense that you dont hear guitars(or rock songs in general) at the top 10 of the billboard charts more often.. i hope this climbs to the top of the american charts!!! :)

Took a sec (or two :P) adjusting to the choppy, stop-and-go shooting style. But LOVED the splashes of summer-y, graffiti colours popping out against the grey concrete...very fitting to the bright, uplifting nature of the song. Had a playful, artsy, animated feel...a combo of the Viva La Vida, Lovers in Japan and Strawberry Swing videos (which feels true to me for the vibe of the song in itself :))....with glowing lyrics and slow-mo shots. It's simple and stripped back yet bleeding with life and energy through all the colours.