✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAW Video out now!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay and Mat Whitecross = EPIC WIN! Whenever the band and Whitecross get together they are just able to make some pretty incredible videos. I think Whitecross is a real talent and is brilliant at being able to convert what we hear from Coldplay's music into something that is so perfect visually. It sounds like a real wanky thing to say but YOU CAN SEE THE MUSIC when both Coldplay and Whitecross get together!

Once again Coldplay surprised us. Not only with an unannounced release (you can imagine how I felt finding about it on Twitter at the end of a workday -- can you say RACE TO A COMPUTER?) but with an imaginative video that captures the feel of a song. I liked ETIAW immediately upon hearing it (I know, I know) and love the way the video brings the song's concept to life. The urban setting and rave lighting underscores the new look the band has adopted and makes me eager to see more of what's coming. At the point where Will lost his drums, got them back, lost them, etc. I thought "Huh?" but on repeated viewings enjoyed this more. As others have said, it was great to see all members of the band featured and the little smile on Will's face at the end is perfect punctuation. Bravo, boys. Thanks for the surprise!

Coldplay and Mat Whitecross = EPIC WIN! Whenever the band and Whitecross get together they are just able to make some pretty incredible videos. I think Whitecross is a real talent and is brilliant at being able to convert what we hear from Coldplay's music into something that is so perfect visually. It sounds like a real wanky thing to say but YOU CAN SEE THE MUSIC when both Coldplay and Whitecross get together!

:clap:

Is there a way to access the video directly from youtube? I'm dying to watch it using apple tv on my big tv with the big speakers, and I can't find it. I can search youtube using apple tv, but can't get regular internet access, to use twitter or coldplay.com.

ASDFJKL That's a lot of paint. Also, loving the stop-motion photography used throughout – makes me think of the music videos for "The Scientist" and "Lovers In Japan" for some reason. It's so pretty. And I'm madly in love with the room with the flickering strobe light and black light paint – but I'm also slightly scared that Weeping Angels would have a FIELD DAY in that room....
wow havent been here since yesterday but i was so thinking that too!! weeping angels taking chrissie's voice :O

Brilliant

The first time I heard the song I was a little disappointed, but, you know: we were talking about Coldplay and of course, though, their musical approach is a little different, the band still has that sound, the Coldplay sound. When you hear Jonny's guitar and Will's drums you know that's Coldplay. So the more I listened to the song the more I liked it and when I finally saw the video my astonishment was tremendous! An impressive art work, the guys outfit and the stop-motion thing that fits so well with the rhythm of the song, the powerful art work behind them on the walls, I think they've got it: everything fit perfectly!! Great song and great video. So, I just can tip my hat and make them a bow. Great job.

I wonder where the building that was used is located. It'd be so neat if they left the graffiti the way it was in the video, so people who just 'walk by' can go inside and check out the brilliance of the artwork. Fantastic video! Loved every second.

Is there a way to access the video directly from youtube? I'm dying to watch it using apple tv on my big tv with the big speakers, and I can't find it. I can search youtube using apple tv, but can't get regular internet access, to use twitter or coldplay.com.

it's uploaded on their official youtube channel. if you search "coldplaytv" you should find it...

For those asking, it's been shot at Millennium Mills, close to London City Airport.

You drive past it on the DLR to the airport for example.

It's been used in many other media, one being the awesome series "Ashes to Ashes" :wacky: :heart:

Read more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Mills

And some amazing pics from inside here:

http://t.co/lifnUTw

http://t.co/N2nKLMi

So funny, I took pics of it almost exactly a year ago when I was in London because of Ashes to Ashes... :)

Theres just something I do not like about it, other than I don't like the song.. all of those neon colors.. i jusyudtfgdc

Yeah I know what you mean and, it never focused on anything just whizzed about and made me all dizzy.

this song would never be able to has a video as this one. the video is created for song and matches with it. so the the result comes out: perfect song and perfect video. we dont expect a bad vid already, when chris, johnny, guy and will are the actors of that vid. I guess chris is learning from gwenth :D