✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

From Coldplay.com

Atlas was recorded at Coldplay’s Beehive studio in London, between April and July 2013. It was produced by Coldplay with Daniel Green and Rik Simpson.

Several questions/clues arise from this little piece of info:

1. All that time that the boys were in the studio was only for the purpose of recording Atlas? Could this mean that LP6 is farther away than believed?

2. Is is finally the time for Dan and Rik to produce LP6? Probably there will be no Brian Eno/Markus Dravs this time.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, either they haven't chose a new producer yet, or the new album will be produced by Dan and Rik, wich I think is almost like produced by Coldplay themselves because they are on this for so long they've almost become part of the band alredy.
:nod:

Perhaps, since the song has nothing to do with LP6, it's "just" for a movie, they figured they didn't need to really think about a producer as much as they'd think for an album, and they just went for the ones that have always been there, that are pretty much always around. Doesn't mean LP6 will be produced by Dan & Rik. Definitely agree that they're almost part of the band.

All that time that the boys were in the studio was only for the purpose of recording Atlas? Could this mean that LP6 is farther away than believed?
I think it was for Atlas and LP6. They most likely started working on some sounds and stuff like that, and eventually also worked on Atlas.

1. All that time that the boys were in the studio was only for the purpose of recording Atlas? Could this mean that LP6 is farther away than believed?

My post from 9 August:

Worst-case scenario: all the time they have spent in the studio so far was just for writing, recording and mixing Atlas

I certainly don't hope this is the case but there's a chance it could be true.

I'm sure Chris said to a fan visiting the Bakery that they were "between songs" or something so that definitely suggests that they are/have been working on multiple songs including Atlas.

There's also Gwyneth mentioning a song that should be on LP6, right ? Unless she meant Atlas :P

I think Will also said they were in the process of making LP6 but not recording songs yet.

So yeah, they've probably been working on several things, and Atlas was one of them.

There's also Gwyneth mentioning a song that should be on LP6, right ? Unless she meant Atlas :P

I think Will also said they were in the process of making LP6 but not recording songs yet.

So yeah, they've probably been working on several things, and Atlas was one of them.

hm... I think that they're probably doing rough cuts of some of the new material and still writing some more songs and whatnot.

Perhaps, since the song has nothing to do with LP6, it's "just" for a movie, they figured they didn't need to really think about a producer as much as they'd think for an album, and they just went for the ones that have always been there, that are pretty much always around. Doesn't mean LP6 will be produced by Dan & Rik. Definitely agree that they're almost part of the band.

I don't think they're in need of a major producer anymore. at this point in their career they're capable of finishing a record all in-house

and can I just say Atlas raised my expectations for LP6

I don't think they're in need of a major producer anymore. at this point in their career they're capable of finishing a record all in-house

and can I just say Atlas raised my expectations for LP6

I think Eno was necessary to mix it up and give them a new perspective. I thank Eno because I think it was very possible that Coldplay could have gone stagnant and stale and would have never fulfilled their sky-high potential if they never had him. But now, after seeing how well Atlas is doing across ALL Coldplay fans, I feel confident that they will be at their best if they stay in-house.

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS :omgomg:

Davide Rossi is working with Coldplay again!!! Das right we're gettin some sweet strings on LP6 :awesome:

Davide Rossi ‏@rossidavide 3 min

In studio me and Chris talking about our favourite band

Davide Rossi ‏@rossidavide 2 min

Awesome couple of weeks ahead... Mastering Black Submarine on Tuesday and the beginning of a new Coldplay adventure.

:omgomg:

It looks like this really was for Atlas and not for LP6:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Coldplay's song Atlas, which features my strings, is number 1 in 18 countries! <a href="http://t.co/vKeXfGuUTN">http://t.co/vKeXfGuUTN</a></p>— Davide Rossi (@rossidavide) <a href="https://twitter.com/rossidavide/statuses/376285931059167232">September 7, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For me, David Rossi's string instrumentation is an integral part of Coldplay's sound ever since Viva la Vida. There's something about it accompanying the band that takes the sound of each album to the next level. So yeah, if he features prominently on LP6, I will die happy.:D

Most likely, "Atlas" is a song they've been working on as a contender for LP6, along with many other songs. At some point, they determined that while they like "Atlas", it is not a fit for where they want to take LP6. Then the opportunity to make a song for this film soundtrack came, and they had the perfect song for it.

Or, they were specifically asked to make a song for the movie, and worked a song up during the the LP6 sessions. I'm sure they are closer to finishing LP6 than U2 are to finishing their LP13, which has been in the making with Danger Mouse since 2010 sometime.

Most likely, "Atlas" is a song they've been working on as a contender for LP6, along with many other songs. At some point, they determined that while they like "Atlas", it is not a fit for where they want to take LP6.

This is not right. The lyrics make obvious references to the books. Atlas was never for LP6.

Last sentence of the answer:

September 9, 2013 - submitted by Salete, Brazil

Q. Dear Oracle: The new song Atlas (beautiful and perfect) is based on Greek mythology? Coldplay is using Greek mythology as inspiration for the next album? PS: I love this idea.

The Oracle replies:

Atlas is a standalone track written for The Hunger Games' 2nd cinematic installment soundtrack and its lyrics relate to that.

Without giving too much away, the title Atlas relates to the weight of the world the main character carries - that's the only Greek mythology link.

The song was inspired by the book/film and written specifically for Catching Fire. Being a one off, it's not an indication of album 6 - not that I'd discuss that yet of course...

Hopefully now that the band arent bound by Parlophone they can let their imaginations run wild. Dont get me wrong all their albums have been different and creative but you cant help but feel, especially with the current climate of selling music (or failing to sell music), that they might have been told not to take too many risks.

As long as theyre happy with what theyre doing im eager to see what they come out with. Im not asking for a Kid A type record but something weird / left field would be fun. Like the Blue Room version of Dont Panic maybe? That would be wicked!