✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people on this website who have been listening to Coldplay for a while and have seen quite a few shows, are getting tired of songs like Clocks, VLV, Fix You, Yellow, etc. At least I know I do (that's why I though the encore for the last tour was a little disappointing). They'll probably keep playing those for the casual fans, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, though I would love to see them be daring and drop a bunch of the old singles and mess around with their set a bit more.

Sick of Fix You? It's just personal opinion but to me, Coldplay could never do a show without it

It's not just about being the lead hit singles though. The Scientist, Fix You and VLV are among the best singalongs of all time. You may get tired of seeing videos of them, but I really have trouble believing you can actually get tired or bored experiencing them. Or you're very lucky to have attended that many Coldplay shows.

I love The Scientist, but does the MX tour show that it isn't as important to the band as before? It was played surprisingly soon in the set, and it wasn't even included on the main film of Live 2012. I hope it never happens but could they be prepared to drop it?

I don't think you need to worry about that. :)

I just want to see DLIBYH as a regular thing on the LP6 set. Y'know, dreamers can dream...

Ew....... how bout no

Definitely. Politik is one of the most amazing pieces of music they've written, especially the second half of the song with the instrumental bit. It's such an intense song.. it's overwhelming when you get to experience it live, which is not something I had with DLIBYH. I love the energy of the second, I like it as a stadium performance.. but if I'd have to choose it'd easily be Politik. I really miss it in the setlist.

Previous comment brought to you by skimming through their discography after months of not really listening to them.

Their catalog is impressive but I feel that their career has been somewhat overshadowed by MX so I can't wait for the new era.

Politik over DLIBYH, even solely because Chris always had trouble to sing DLIBYH properly, throughout the whole tour (we'll appreciate the great effort he put into running around the freaking huge stage during the song, though), whereas he usually has no problem at all with Politik.

And then of course because I want to hear live the beauty of the most perfect song ever. But I'm a bit biased, there, I guess :lol:

I think DLIBYH is great in the set, but I'd have Politik over it any day. Wonder if we'll see Everything's Not Lost in the set next tour?
It's such an amazing singalong, it's a dream for me to experience it one day, but idk if it'll be back in the set that soon. They did perform it for the festival tour in 2011, right? Or was it only Glastonbury?

Personally, I'd love a set that featured Politik just after the acoustic segment in the middle. I think it's a perfect opener, but it's also brilliant to throw in after something quiet, kick the second half of the set off with a bang.

I love The Scientist, but does the MX tour show that it isn't as important to the band as before? It was played surprisingly soon in the set, and it wasn't even included on the main film of Live 2012. I hope it never happens but could they be prepared to drop it?

I think it was just giving it a bit of a rest. It was penultimate song in the Viva set, so maybe Fix You will shift up the set slightly on the next tour, and we'll have Yellow maybe as the penultimate? Fix You might be given less prominence. It's like dropping them, but with less consequence.

Hopefully Politik will re-appear on the setlist at some point, but we have to realize that after the release of the next LP they'll have even more songs and they're most likely to play a lot of new songs plus the singles from the previous albums. And not even all the singles.

I have no doubt Poiltik will be back.

I'm telling you guys, it was scrapped for DLIBYH. Both have repetitious banging in the chorus, it wouldn't mix well if they were both in the set. I'm sure that's what their though process was.

I agree. They're both so similar, yet at the same time, they're miles apart :P

I'm pretty sure that it will come back soon, it's an amazing song and I think that without DLBYH on the setlist it will make a comeback.

Personally, I'd love a set that featured Politik just after the acoustic segment in the middle. I think it's a perfect opener, but it's also brilliant to throw in after something quiet, kick the second half of the set off with a bang.

Back in 2010 they played it after the C-stage (I don't know if it was the same for the rest of the VLV tour) and I really liked it, it picked up the energy and gave the last few songs a boost.

Back in 2010 they played it after the C-stage (I don't know if it was the same for the rest of the VLV tour) and I really liked it, it picked up the energy and gave the last few songs a boost.

Maybe the first song of the encore?

Both are great spots for it.

Here starts the campaign to bring Death and All His Friends back into the set.

:dazzled:

Truly, one of my all-time favorites.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

So beautiful from the beginning, so joyous and sprawling in the middle, and so uplifting and heart-pounding at the end.

What I love about it is everyone shines, and together, they're just all playing together in perfect harmony. :bigcry: