✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look I honestly think the time of waiting began on October 24th 2011. Because each Coldplay album has 3 years between it EXCEPT Parachutes to AROBTTH. We are already 1 and a half years into "The Coldplayer Struggle!" And if you think about it, the last six months are really exciting due to new exciting information coming out. And in the last 2 months.......FUCKING SINGLES. Who knows, we might get a special EP this year. Just pray everyone. Just Pray

How do people not hear the bass in MX? For me, Paradise, Major Minus, Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, and ETIAW (at least at the end) have great basslines. Personally, I've never found MX to be lacking bass. In fact, my favorite part of Paradise and Major Minus is the bass.

I think what people mean is, we would like to hear bass throughout the whole song for example Violet Hill (which I think has the best bass line) and the awesome bass lines of 42/Daylight(sort of bass solo) and this (watch around 3:09 he doesn't do bass lines like this anymore) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN8WQOHsNx4]Coldplay (HD) - Everything's Not Lost (Glastonbury 2011) - YouTube[/ame]

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but my favorite bass line of any Coldplay song, and just about any song in general, is that of Sparks. The whole song is, basically, structured around the bass.

As for emotion, I think that the most emotional Coldplay album(s) is/are Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. However, X&Y is a very good album in my opinion, as are the others. The thing that makes X&Y so great to me is that the individual songs make it a great overall album. A Rush of Blood to the Head was a very complete album; it explored the spectrum of music very well. Politik showed the Hard(er) Rock side of Coldplay, In My Place offered a pop sound, and Clocks and The Scientist were the pinnacles of the album's writing. Because of this, A Rush of Blood to the Head felt like a very complete album, with songs for everything/one. X&Y, however, stayed close together with its arrangements, which is, in my opinion, what made it so great, and arguably my favorite Coldplay album. All of the songs on X&Y feel like they are supposed to be on there. Whether it be because they all have that electronic/synth sound, or because of the writing, it feels like a set. Not that the other albums don't, I just feel that it's more apparent with X&Y.

Finally, back to the topic at hand: the 6th LP. The B-Sides from A Rush of Blood to the Head are some of my favorite Coldplay songs, especially I Ran Away. I would love for Coldplay to go back to this sound, but at the same time, I want to see where they go forward. I think that this next album really needs to explore the musical spectrum, as a sort of combination, or rather, culmination of all their previous albums. Chris I believe needs to open his writing up and really attack the songs both emotionally and philosophically (as in lyrical content/message), Guy needs to expand on his attributes as Johnny (or Jonny) has done, and Will, well, his drumming at the end of Every Teardrop is a Waterfall proves that he can do quite a bit of masterful work.

Oh yes, how rude of me. I am new; I joined here today. Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new too, but welcome. This is one of the more homely forums around (I've been too a few nasty ones) :D

I agree about X&Y, it's starting to grow on me. LP6 should have the emotional impact of parachutes, the lyric quality of A rush of blood tot the head, the confidence of X&Y, mature themes like Viva, and the liveliness of MX. That is the perfect album for me, whether you want a dark sound or a happy sound, if you combine the best parts of all the album, you have the perfect one. It just shows you CP has the ability to make such an album.

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but my favorite bass line of any Coldplay song, and just about any song in general, is that of Sparks. The whole song is, basically, structured around the bass.

As for emotion, I think that the most emotional Coldplay album(s) is/are Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. However, X&Y is a very good album in my opinion, as are the others. The thing that makes X&Y so great to me is that the individual songs make it a great overall album. A Rush of Blood to the Head was a very complete album; it explored the spectrum of music very well. Politik showed the Hard(er) Rock side of Coldplay, In My Place offered a pop sound, and Clocks and The Scientist were the pinnacles of the album's writing. Because of this, A Rush of Blood to the Head felt like a very complete album, with songs for everything/one. X&Y, however, stayed close together with its arrangements, which is, in my opinion, what made it so great, and arguably my favorite Coldplay album. All of the songs on X&Y feel like they are supposed to be on there. Whether it be because they all have that electronic/synth sound, or because of the writing, it feels like a set. Not that the other albums don't, I just feel that it's more apparent with X&Y.

i agree a lot with you! i always think that arobtth is the best of the five albums, and parachutes it's so emotional:smug: yesterday i listened to sparks before going bed and it was the first time from months...i was crying. It's a very wonderful song:dazzled:

Politk has the easiest bass line I've ever played, but sometimes the more easy a thing is the more beautiful it is :rolleyes:

In case of less is more ;) Music doesn't have to be complex to be beautiful :rolleyes:

People who say they want a mix of the previous records, why do you want that? :O I'm afraid that if they do that its gonna be a bad record because Coldplay isn't that Coldplay from Parachutes and A Rush... They're a different band now. The only think I want is something special to LP6 which no other Coldplay record has. Its own unique sound different from the past records. :D

I really hope they just move on and improve(don't want them to go back to things past), but I just think in terms of Bass and Drums I feel like Will and Guy haven't really used their maximum capabilities. They can do a lot better than they did on Mylo. And I think that's what people would like.

We all probably want or are expecting perfection from LP6, because we know Coldplay have done it before (AROBTTH, VLVODAAHF-- take your pick). But I know Coldplay are smart, so really, whatever they put out I know it will be dominating my iPod for the next 3 years. While most Coldplayers agree, MX is not their best album, I still find myself loving songs like HLH, Paradise, CB, ETIAW, MM, UiF, MtM, etc. So I'm just excited to see what they do next because I know that I'll be happy.