LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My God.

Just showering, next October MX is 2 years, that means a broad 1.5 year for LP6.

Can't wait to see them again.

I'm going to speculate when some little details come out.

As I've said before I'm going to be bold and predict something new by the end of the year :nod:

If Coldplay are as intent on staying in the charts as much as some people on here think, we can see a return for Davide Rossi, surely? He's performed on two songs - Viva and Paradise - and they've both been global hits that went number one in the UK, weeks after they'd been out but ineligible.

Not saying he's the reason those songs were popular, but he's bound to get a "recall", as it were, for his good work.

As I've said before I'm going to be bold and predict something new by the end of the year :nod:

Yeah I agree. :) most bands usually leave about 1.5 to 5 years between albums as they have to write and record and compose the music. Unlike artists like Rihanna who releases like one album very year because she doesn't have to write or do anything except sing it. :) :) :)

And you know bands earlier on in their career, I think, seem to leave a smaller gap in between albums eg: parachutes and AROBTTH was two years but we might end up waiting four years since 2011 between MX and LP6! Also, Muse's first album shoebox and second one origin of symmetry only had two years in between but later on its become three. I read somewhere on NME that Matt Bellamy told them if would be a hell of a long wait for a muse LP7!! And Green Day's first major label album Dookie and second one Insomniac where released one year apart in 1994 and 1995. But there was a four five year difference between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown in 2009. But that could just be because they were both rock operas. Hmmmm...

I'm probably just blabbing on... :(

I think they're going to release an EP end 2013/begin 2014. Atleast i hope they will.

Not likely :cry: The oracle said that none of the songs that didn't make MX will be released in a follow-up EP like Prospekt's March. Not even Car Kids.

I think they will likely use bits of these songs in the next album- apparently that's what happened to LeftRightLeftRightLeft.

I hope the band take more psychedelic influences on board. Not that they'll go all Primal Scream and start taking E, but I could see them doing something like Sgt Pepper, because they're interested in the pop side of rock music, but also in colourful sounds. I think they'll think it's time for a big reinvention, and if Chris is smart, he's listened to Tame Impala's Lonerism and realised that he has it in him to write a song like Feels Like We Only Go Backward.

I just want more of the colour from Coldplay to be honest. Not that I don't like the grey soundscapes of A Rush of Blood, but I love the vibrancy of songs like Strawberry Swing, Viva La Vida, Hurts Like Heaven and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. If they can get the balance between that and the darker side of psychedelica, then we'll have us a decent record.

And hey, we need to close this trilogy with something good, right?

Not likely :cry: The oracle said that none of the songs that didn't make MX will be released in a follow-up EP like Prospekt's March. Not even Car Kids.

It could be a stand alone EP, no connections to MX, no connections to LP6. ;)

I think they will likely use bits of these songs in the next album- apparently that's what happened to LeftRightLeftRightLeft.

Yeah, they did that before as far as I know, Violet Hill's riff is old and Major Minus is a sort of later version of The Man Who Swears (could be another unreleased song).

The songs which didn't make the record from Parachutes till Mylo Xyloto will be released on the special editions which they are going to release about 10/20 years I think. :wink3:

I see LP6 as the end of a second trilogy, so imagine we're going to have bit from Viva and MX mixed together with something else, so I'm expecting the group singing again, epic strings and synth layers wich are things that both albums share in common. And I'm pretty sure we're getting it packed in another style like Viva was a bit baroque pop and MX electro rock. At this point I just want a great album, not a masterpiece.

I see LP6 as the end of a second trilogy, so imagine we're going to have bit from Viva and MX mixed together with something else, so I'm expecting the group singing again, epic strings and synth layers wich are things that both albums share in common. And I'm pretty sure we're getting it packed in another style like Viva was a bit baroque pop and MX electro rock. At this point I just want a great album, not a masterpiece.

I don't think we will get a Coldplay masterpiece.

Could coldplay do a rock opera like green day my chemical romance and queen?

You know cause green days American idiot and 21st century breakdown had main chars cheers a location and a plot so did Mylo Xyloto but none of the other coldplay albums

Can we move away from these Coldplay/Green Day comparisons please? It's making me feel uneasy.

I'd like LP6 to be more rock more underground and although its nice having them in the charts, rock isn't really main stream. So like In My Place Major Minus Yellow and Violey Hill mixed together. :) anyone think like this??

Those are all favorites. And the most recent two show real evolution in Jonny's creative contribution to the band over the l ast 7 years...so, the short answer is 'yea'. :)

Can we move away from these Coldplay/Green Day comparisons please? It's making me feel uneasy.

Oh god I'm not comparing them! :thinking: But Green Day are my second favourite band and I think Coldplay are more than capable of doing something epic like a rock opera. And they're not even the same genre of rock. :)