✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I belive MX will be better than Viva la Vida. I like Viva la Vida, but i think MX sounds better in my ears until now.

I like the e-guitar solo by Major Minus, the Duett by Us Against the World and songs like Moving to Mars and Charlie Brown. Its in my eyes the better Viva la Vida and I would go so far that MX is the logical continuation of viva la vida.

In the very first day of stats class you would learn that this these ratings are likely skewed due to bias of the voters because of the Thread Title

Ill give it a 7, X & Y is their best title, and overall an under-rated album.

I like to think that the ratings are skewed because this is a Coldplay forum. :dozey:

Besides, I didn't add the poll; Ian did.

Hey all - just finished reading this thread from when i last posted - wow, u gotta love fans and these discussion boards - look, coldplay doesn't make us indifferent, and that's a good thing, bc indifference means you don't care, and you don't want to expend energy or time. But we do, bc they are a great band capable of great things but being a fan does not mean you have to blindly like everything they create, but they have a great record of producing world class music, even universal music. If there was a present day universal competition of the battle of the bands among the different planets - I'd nominate them as one of those bands for sure.

At the end of the day, let's be grateful that there is a band out there that makes it worthwhile to wait and anticipate their new musical ideas and themes i.e. Their take on the world which fosters further discussion.

anyway, I was one of the people who voted 10 - it is absolutely a brilliant title, if I am correct in assessing what the meaning is behind it now realizing how they are presenting the actual two words on the cover.

MYL

OXYL

OTO

it is brilliant if it is what I think it is, or even if it isn't - curious to hear the inspiration behind it. Again, it is a title that will get people questioning and thinking at least. Check out my analysis on a new thread I started it - would love feedback, and other thoughts from fellow fans. I love these boards bc we can inspire each other to better understand our individual takes on coldplay's music, let's all get along and be happy that a new coldplay album is coming out.

best,

A Rush of Blood to the Head isn't really a crazy album title. o.O
Agreed!

And it just happens to be critically hailed as their best album; one of the most "influential" albums ever and even has its own stamp issued by the British Post Office, hmmm...

I like to think that the ratings are skewed because this is a Coldplay forum. :dozey:
:nod:

A Rush of Blood to the Head isn't really a crazy album title. o.O

Besides, I didn't add the poll; Ian did.

Agree with both statements. :nod:

If we added a poll like this on the Coldplay thread of the Muse forum, for example, I can guarantee you the majority would vote in the 0-4 range.

Ummmm... did I say something wrong?

Okay then. Correction: Just as vague.

We are just saying that X&Y has a meaning rooted in the Baudot code. As far as we know, there is no sort of translation for Mylo Xyloto.

Its just a jumble of letters for all we know.