✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Official Tracklist!!!

Jedi Leo

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Bands change their style that's how the Musicindustry works.

I dont like bands who never change their style.

Agreed, change is what makes it exiting, if I want more of the same then Ill listen to that one album/song a few times.

I love The Scientist. So simple but so pretty. But my favorite songs are the ones from Parachutes- Sparks, Spies, High Speed, etc. They were so honest and straightforward songs.

So, judging from what we're saying and from R42 described, I think that maybe Up In Flames is going to be one of our new favourite songs.

So, judging from what we're saying and from R42 described, I think that maybe Up In Flames is going to be one of our new favourite songs.

Well, I'm hoping it's something like their old style!

And to everyone saying that they change, I know that and respect that. I just happen to not like the "New Coldplay" as much as the old.

Please DO NOT mistake this question for greed because 14 songs is way more then enough to keep me happy but with so much already on the album I wonder what will end up being the itunes and Japanese release bonus tracks?

They'd probably re-release Moving to Mars, it's the only track they released but aren't putting on the album lol

Pues a mí Major Minus me aburre, macho. ETIAW a mí también me parece menos mala cada vez que la escucho, cosa que evito hacer, porque me da vergüenza que alguien me pille escuchándola. creo que Chris debería hablar menos con David Guetta, Jay Z y Will.I.Am en las fiestas de millonarios y más con Bryce Dessner o Natasha Khan en los pubs más cool de Londres.

Estoy de acuerdo.

This just puts the icing on the cake really, I had a brilliant day yesterday, I went to Thorpe Park with my sister and her boyfriend, the boyfriend made us all go on Stealth first, I was next to my sister, and her boyfriend was just in front of me, my sister was in tears by the end of the ride, she calmed down after a couple of minutes, she did not go on another rollercoaster all day, how about me, no way did I cry, and I also went on Nemesis Inferno, and Collosus with her boyfriend, even though I am disabled I loved all three rides, and just pretended Coldplay were in the scariest bits, and then I got home and found out that they had actually completed this album, and that just sent my heart really really racing, I did not expect the tracklisting to be announced so soon afterwards, although I wish I had seen it happen live, but I had no idea that it was just about to be announced, so glad Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, Up In Flames, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart have made the album, I reckon personally that Mylo XYLOTO, Up In Flames, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart, could be epic 7 minute songs, and that we are in for a 70 minute album, and a real treat when October 24 comes for us English.

This just puts the icing on the cake really, I had a brilliant day yesterday, I went to Thorpe Park with my sister and her boyfriend, the boyfriend made us all go on Stealth first, I was next to my sister, and her boyfriend was just in front of me, my sister was in tears by the end of the ride, she calmed down after a couple of minutes, she did not go on another rollercoaster all day, how about me, no way did I cry, and I also went on Nemesis Inferno, and Collosus with her boyfriend, even though I am disabled I loved all three rides, and just pretended Coldplay were in the scariest bits, and then I got home and found out that they had actually completed this album, and that just sent my heart really really racing, I did not expect the tracklisting to be announced so soon afterwards, although I wish I had seen it happen live, but I had no idea that it was just about to be announced, so glad Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, Up In Flames, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart have made the album, I reckon personally that Mylo XYLOTO, Up In Flames, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart, could be epic 7 minute songs, and that we are in for a 70 minute album, and a real treat when October 24 comes for us English.

Seems like an amazing way to end a day :)

I don't know why but I have a feeling the end involves suicide. Maybe DLIBYH talks about depression and Up with the Birds they can't handle the depression anymore and they decide to kill themselves. A bit dark I know :p

I'm intrigued :stunned:

By the way, I totally love the icons at the bottom of the artwork.

And I count 4 songs starting with the letter 'U'. Chris said he wanted 3 starting with the same letter.

actually, 3 song starting with the same letter are mylo xyloto, m.m.i.x and major minus. i think up 'with the birds, us against the world and u.f.o' is the original idea. then up in flames showed up. so they probably add another track, m.m.i.x, to make sure that there are 3 songs with the same initial letter.

just like X&Y. it has 4 songs (talk, the hardest part, twisted logic and till the kingdom come) starting with T and 3 songs (square one, speed of sound and swallowed in the sea) starting with S, except they didnt do it intentionally at that time.

I'm way late for the party. I went to work and then went to see Contagion right after work so I've been gone like 11 or 12 hrs. :P It's so nice to come home to this! Here's my two cents. I'm so glad the album has 14 tracks. There will be 5 songs of which I have never heard once I pick up the album and that makes me happy. I thought there would only be one or two tracks that I hadn't heard. I'm going to hear Paradise, DLIBYH, and Up in Flames all before the album comes out since they're playing them at Austin City Limits and I'm going to be there. I'm glad that ETIAW is not closing the album. The use of A Hopeful Transmission near the end of the album gives me hope that the album's story will have a happy ending.

Ok, let's put this together: What we have here is a concept Album (Chris mentioned that before). The amount of Songs (14 in total with - maybe - a hidden 15th track) is typically for a concept Album but not for Coldplay. This got me excited first because (and i guess i speak for most of the audience here) the more songs the better ;)

But here's the thing I stumbled upon: One time Chris said that every Album should not contain more than 42 min of music/songs. If this had been the ideal on MX too, then some of those songs would just be some short material/instrumentals to fill the gabs between the "main"-songs. It relates to the idea of a concept album aswell: some of these albums tell a story and you have to hear them as a whole (which is not bad actually) and some songs could be very short in order to fill story gaps....

I might be wrong but this aspect really got me wondering. 14 songs on a coldplay album? Damn, that's huge oO But if the 42-minute-ideal is given here, some of them will eventually be very short...

Good morning Coldplayers! A few thoughts

1- it's so nice to see the forum come alive with exciting posts and less bickering. Finally the frustration we all felt in the past weeks seems to be wearing out. Let the fun begin!

2- MX will definitely be a concept album and I am unsure whether they broke the 42 minutes rule. A part of me wish they did, cuz Viva is a bit too short but then I don't want MX to be long in the boring kinda way so I'm torn. But I do hope it's gonna be long and wonderful at the time.

3- The ending of the concept story will be a good one I think because of songs like A hopeful transmission and U.F.O which come after the villain part. We already know the u.f.o. are the good guys (light blinking into to tell me it's alright) so I think the ending song up with the birds might maybe refer to the protagonists being whisked away by the good aliens , maybe to the Paradise the girl dreamed of? Something like that :)

4- I have a feeling a lot of people might re-think Every Tear when its heard in the proper context and sequence of the album. I'm actually thinking that the EP release was not random after all. Maybe Coldplay wanted to introduce us the good and bad guys in two representative songs of the two parts of MX