✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SERIOUS OPINIONS

Italian Plastic

No one is actually saying they hate MX...that word is used so often that it has now lost its meaning. People have just been expressing their disappointment with the recent singles, something every fan has the right to do. Unfortunately, other posters have interpreted even the tiniest bit of criticism as "hate" for the band.

Listen, if people genuinely "hate" the band and MX, they would not spend time on the forum, writing long + detailed opinions about the songs. It's because people actually care and are genuinely worried that the trend in ETIAW + Paradise will carry out the album. I repeat: this is not "hate"

I LOVE YOU

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time Coldplay had me in total euphoria was the first time I heard "Violet Hill." I don't understand the disdain for the song, especially among the fans of Coldplay. We all have our right to an opinion. Some opinions are hilarious; some opinions make you sit back and ponder. Music is supposed to stir the emotions and allow the mind and heart to be captivated. "Paradise" succeeded at this mission.

At the end of the day, music is music. Good music stands the test of time. "Paradise" has the feel and sound to do so.

Totally agree! :)

I like the lyrics, much better than the silly Shiver (I like the song but the lyrics...) for example. I think Chris lyrics are getting better since Viva, let's wait for the album.

excuse me,but that is just your opinion. Shiver has simple,but great lyrics. Anyone who has waited for a response of love must feel this way. Not giving up, being obsessed about someone who just won't give in! (that bitch...)

excuse me,but that is just your opinion. Shiver has simple,but great lyrics. Anyone who has waited for a response of love must feel this way. Not giving up, being obsessed about someone who just won't give in! (that bitch...)

Hahaha you made me laugh there, I know how it feels, but it's just too "teen", don't konw, it doesn't work for me, but if it works for you that's ok.

Hahaha you made me laugh there, I know how it feels, but it's just too "teen", don't konw, it doesn't work for me, but if it works for you that's ok.

yes,but they were young and it was rather... charming.

a young man into music, trying to get a girl's love, playing a song about it with his friends. the video is one of my favorites too. it was sincere and that's what i love about it. get what i mean? it felt like he really meant these lyrics. now, it's like he is only narrating about someone and something, and that is ok sometimes, imo cemeteries of london has brilliant lyrics,viva la vida too, but paradise and etiaw are kinda... fairytale. and a bad one.

(and yeah,she really is a bitch,alright! :lol: )

I visited the beehive today and met Chris, but before meeting him, I stopped and spoke to Markus Dravs, not knowing who it was, because he came out of the Beehive. We got talking about the stuff I liked and what I thought of it, and when I told him I preferred ETIAW to Paradise he seemed ever so slightly disappointed, but I told him I definitely liked both of them, and explained it was the upbeat and riff in ETIAW that I loved so much, and it cheered him up again haha :D

I visited the beehive today and met Chris, but before meeting him, I stopped and spoke to Markus Dravs, not knowing who it was, because he came out of the Beehive. We got talking about the stuff I liked and what I thought of it, and when I told him I preferred ETIAW to Paradise he seemed ever so slightly disappointed, but I told him I definitely liked both of them, and explained it was the upbeat and riff in ETIAW that I loved so much, and it cheered him up again haha :D

very cool! did you learn anything new that we didn't know yet?

very cool! did you learn anything new that we didn't know yet?

I was doubting whether we'd see them because I know MX is finished, and so by rights they shouldn't be recording, but when I stopped Chris when he came out of the Beehive he was absolutely covered in sweat, and he'd lost his voice. He'd clearly been singing very very hard, so I think (purely speculation) it may have been for a b-side for a future Paradise EP. Apart from that he said "we're going to some CRAZY country tomorrow, I can't remember where" and that they were about to go off and film the video in the afternoon today.

Unquestionably great pop songs are Beyonce's "Crazy in Love," Rihanna's "Umbrella," Britney Spears' "Toxic," or Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." Even if you don't normally listen to pop (I certainly don't), you have to concede that these songs are truly great in their genre.

I never understood what people find in umbrella by Rihanna - sorry. Prefer Paradise in this context.

this song does its job in a concept album. it introduces the girl character with decent lyrics, although yes, the lyrics lack depth. nevertheless, the lyrics themselves are good, there just isn't many words in the song. its also paired with a solid instramental that grows on me the more i listen to it. plus, Johnny Boy's solo is awesome as always. and, great bass line aswell. will's drums fit the song, so i dont see how you could criticize that. its a great way of introducing the girl character:)

• 2 weeks later...
this song does its job in a concept album. it introduces the girl character with decent lyrics, although yes, the lyrics lack depth. nevertheless, the lyrics themselves are good, there just isn't many words in the song.

Totally agree. We just have to wait and listen to the whole album and then we can judge the songs and whether they work or not, they band have said that this is basically a concept album and i think this song really works keeping that in mind as well as Major Minus, which Chris explained as the song that introduces the bad guy of the story.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I would have agreed with Italian Plastic when I first heard this song. I thought as a pop song it was decent but as a Coldplay song it was sub standard. Now my opinion has changed a bit since then. I don't think it's a great Coldplay song but at the same time it's a song that has a better shelf life than other singles like Speed of Sound. If I'm being honest I like this song much more than Speed of Sound. Speed of Sound while I utterly ADORED when it came out in May 2005 quickly wore off on me and now sounds rather lacklustre and flat. And that is shown by how it has gone from being one of Coldplay's most successful singles to now not even coming close to making another live appearance. Likewise Paradise will not stand the test of time and will be dropped after their tour (who's to say it will be performed at every concert of their MX tour?) but while I don't admire it's lyrics I admire it's ambition and stature. I like the melody, heavy bass, the piano, the strings and the organs at the start. I thought it was overproduced at first but I realise it works unlike with Every Teardrop. It's definitely a song with a longer sell by date than the likes of Speed of Sound and Every Teardrop.

Overall I think I'll be satisfied by it's inclusion on the album as a good poppy number something I couldn't say about the last single.

• 2 weeks later...

Up until this was released I've really enjoyed all the new songs. I was getting more and more excited about the album but then when I first heard it i just felt a massive disappointment and to be honest I've hardly listened to Coldplay since. I've heard the song a few times now and it is slowly (very slowly) growing on me. As it's been said it's a good pop song but a somewhat mediocre Coldplay song. I think what was slowly making me enjoy it is seeing a video of it performed live. This song is definitely better live than on record but it doesn't make up for the lyrics either. Most certainly the song I'll skip most at the moment when I get the album.

Fix You is a deep song?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, have some respect. 15 year old me thought Fix You was deep. :P

But in regards to the song, I don't like "para-para-paradise", and sure the lyrics as a whole are a little weak, but I like it a whole lot better than ETIAW. The piano and the guitar and the bass and the harmonies are good. Just have patience and wait until the album comes out before judging.

(Although I guess I'm being a hypocrite - I'm never gonna like ETIAW, haha.)

People who reject the song by saying the lyrics are shallow are being stupid dumbasses. Just because Coldplay's first few albums had lyrics that literally said, "I am SO SORRY AUGHGHSLKTYSOTYSSTLJ SO SORRY FOR WHAT I DID I AM SOOOO SADDD" doesn't mean that "nonsensical" lyrics can't have meaning (thanks to the handy rhetorical device of metaphor)

This song made me nervous.

ETIAW came out and I loved it. But this? This scared me into thinking that their entire album was going to be like this. Based on catchy choruses and synth.

BUT, I was wrong because Hurts Like Heaven is nothing like that, and I expect that some of them will be wonderful as well.

This song just isn't their best work. I mean, I don't absolutely HATE IT, but you know... it's not great.

I actually liked it. Yup.

You have to think about it: It's supposed to be the first single before MX comes out. The single has to promote the album. So, the best thing you can do is release the most catchy "pop"song on the album. Most of the people like pop music, especially young people. And Paradise is this catchy popsong.

And also, as other people already said, it's supposed to be a concept album. Calm your tits and wait for the album. If you like it, great for you, if not, great for you.

And also

People who reject the song by saying the lyrics are shallow are being stupid dumbasses. Just because Coldplay's first few albums had lyrics that literally said, "I am SO SORRY AUGHGHSLKTYSOTYSSTLJ SO SORRY FOR WHAT I DID I AM SOOOO SADDD" doesn't mean that "nonsensical" lyrics can't have meaning (thanks to the handy rhetorical device of metaphor)

I sound like an overprotective Coldplayfangirl derp

I love the song Paradise, it's magic

But I thought the theme about elephant was just a JOKE! But no-nooooo no-noooo :thinking:

Seriously, this video hasn't meaning, mystery or synchronicity, it's ridiculous and babyish! Maybe it's a special video for aple and moses :thinking: