Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess Of China

Christmas Lights

Up In Flames

A Hopeful Transmission

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up With The Birds

Adding Moving To Mars where I have gives a nice contemplative four minutes between Us Against The World and Every Teardrop. I enjoy it anyway. I've also added Christmas Lights just because I like it and it was obviously recorded in the same sessions as the album proper. It feels, to me, like a small piece of a larger picture painted by Coldplay. But whatever makes you happy on your own playlists is what I say!

• 3 weeks later...

I put it between Major Minus and U.F.O.

Cos on the EP it goes - ETIAW, MM, MTM.

And Mars should be next to the UFO. :D

Also, when I heard it for the first time, it reminded me of WALL-E.

I wonder if they were inspired by that movie...

walle3.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

ive got it between Major Minus & UFO...its a nice transition between the heavy MM and the chill UFO.

it also works in regards to the full narrative of the story, as the couple is heading for trouble (first identified in UFO), so Moving To Mars could somewhat first display that trouble

it does fit the flow of the album well, and should be aware between ETIAF and A Hopeful Transmission by dropping one of the other tracks (most prbably UFO). Hold on a minute, UFO/Moving to Mars thats weird..... Waynes World

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

I was listening to this song for the first time in ages yesterday. What on earth possessed them to leave the track off? And yet we had to be served with real bores in the form of Up In Flames, UFO and Us Against The World? MX - never warmed to it from the day I bought it. There are some fantastic songs on it but boy did they bottle the tracklisting. Must do better!

• 11 years later...

Was Moving to Mars originally called Aliens?

The reason I ask is because in the video description of the official audio on YouTube, it says "Coldplay - Aliens is taken from the Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall EP released in 2011."

Source - 

It was planned actually. I have the MX Pop-up book and it has notes about the album.

The first one we see a tracklist is the notes below.

G.E - Greate Expectations, It can be first UFO that wasn't called UFO. It leaked recently and it's basically alternative UFO 
C.B - Charlie Brown
P. - Paradise
W - ? There isn't any clue in the other notes about a song title starts with W. Maybe it turned into a different name afterwards
HLH - Hurts Like Heaven
MMIX
MMinus - Major Minus. But the interesting thing here is "Soundtrack" note next to it. There aren't any clues about a soundtrack to something. Maybe they planned a Cartoon series first instead of a comic series. We don't know.
MTM - Moving to Mars. We can see MtM is here. Also there are other notes shows that this song planned to be in the album for so long
C.K. - Car Kids
A.H.T - A Hopeful Transmission
E.T.I.A.W - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Almost all of the tracklists this song is always at the end. Not surprised that it was the ending song at the tour. Because it was planned to be the end in album too for so long.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0cb6631be90bba1ec443157bd08e3c0.jpeg

Other interesting notes:

Charlie Brown having a female vocal called Mary (Clayton?)

image.thumb.jpeg.6c1e7abe8673ab5e9a93b803906b4c2e.jpeg

And another thing that Rescue St. and UATW are connected. According to note it was based on a chorus loop from Rescue St. If we look at the names below, we can guess it's the UATW guitar riff. Later we know that this song was on the table at GS era too. So we can say it has more than just a chorus riff.

image.thumb.jpeg.e11eb5aa4affebd75075b014ec4709f5.jpeg

UFO with Rihanna? UFO is a name that you can give to any song. But i'm sure it's not PoC because it was mentioned as Princess of China always. So we can say that there is a lot UFO's. Also in the latest leaks we heard a song called UFO again. Maybe it is the improved version of this MX demo.

image.thumb.jpeg.3eb1fe3c94d75c3d874a7cefd98f7bc4.jpeg

Another song called Sun, Hilltop, Grass. At the right page it has Mylo writings. So i think it was one of the songs that they planned to name Mylo Xyloto. Because there are notes that the released Mylo Xyloto mentioned as "Album intro"

image.thumb.jpeg.2418237f062117c5c18dd2984d0bb6c0.jpeg

And Great Expectations. The lyrics are matching with the recent leak. But they wanted to call it Mylo Xyloto. Because album needs a title track right?

image.thumb.jpeg.39d40badaf55ab788fcbde2b18d15e68.jpeg

A Hopeful Transmission with lyrics? At the first photo you can see the song is not before DLIBYH. So as it is called, it's transmission to ETIAW but with lyrics.

image.thumb.jpeg.2870e7afaf179a5744169ce814d6ed19.jpeg

Another tracklist is here. They gave up for G.E. So they put the name Mylo Xyloto to "Album intro". We can see they are still keeping ETIAW at the last place. But this time it's scratched and there are alternatives on the left. Tomorrow, Moving to Mars and R.h.t. We don't know what Rht is. But we heard Tomorrow with recent leaks. That explains why it has a very long violin outro. Because it was planned to be the last song. Also Moving to Mars has a long outro (kinda silence but has some space noises?).

image.thumb.jpeg.20cfb75afcefa14e6b948c765d995ec2.jpeg

And the last tracklist appears on the pop-up book. First 4 songs are how the album is released. But this time a new song comes in: Up with the Birds. But in the middle of the album. ETIAW is at last again. Moving to Mars is just before it. They kept MtM in the tracklist for so long (It deserves). Also another new song called Car Kids stepped in too. In the notes we can see it is a big song that has organs strings riffs even they are discussing about adding claps. That song is one of the biggest mysteries of the album. Because it was everywhere in the graffitis. This tracklist lacks Major Minus and DLIBYH. Major Minus is mentioned everywhere in the notes. But I didn't see any word or lyric of DLIBYH. It's a late late addition to the album or the notes mentioning it are not shown in the pop-up book.

image.thumb.jpeg.827a2ae2b74825a0ad2759372c571106.jpeg

So, Mylo Xyloto is great album. In terms of creating process and concept. Musically it sounds so dense. After MX we never saw Coldplay making any songs that has that much instruments and elements like MX songs. We never saw so many cymbals in any song. So Mylo Xyloto was very different in that time and people were upset about Coldplay making pop music. But when we look at it now, we can see how rock it was instead of pop. Because Coldplay went trough ultimate pop way. I think MX is the most original album of Coldplay along with Viva. Other albums are great too but when you listen, you can just say yeah it is classic Coldplay. GS, Ahfod,Mots, even some songs in EL are so "new American Coldplay"(I love those albums). Mylo Xyloto was the last "old British Coldplay"(even though at the time it was called new Coldplay). So i hope they return to this style. I was very hopeful about Mots returning to the origins of MX but didn't happen. In MM i guess it won't happen too.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:

It was planned actually. I have the MX Pop-up book and it has notes about the album.

The first one we see a tracklist is the notes below.

G.E - Greate Expectations, It can be first UFO that wasn't called UFO. It leaked recently and it's basically alternative UFO 
C.B - Charlie Brown
P. - Paradise
W - ? There isn't any clue in the other notes about a song title starts with W. Maybe it turned into a different name afterwards
HLH - Hurts Like Heaven
MMIX
MMinus - Major Minus. But the interesting thing here is "Soundtrack" note next to it. There aren't any clues about a soundtrack to something. Maybe they planned a Cartoon series first instead of a comic series. We don't know.
MTM - Moving to Mars. We can see MtM is here. Also there are other notes shows that this song planned to be in the album for so long
C.K. - Car Kids
A.H.T - A Hopeful Transmission
E.T.I.A.W - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Almost all of the tracklists this song is always at the end. Not surprised that it was the ending song at the tour. Because it was planned to be the end in album too for so long.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0cb6631be90bba1ec443157bd08e3c0.jpeg

Other interesting notes:

Charlie Brown having a female vocal called Mary (Clayton?)

image.thumb.jpeg.6c1e7abe8673ab5e9a93b803906b4c2e.jpeg

And another thing that Rescue St. and UATW are connected. According to note it was based on a chorus loop from Rescue St. If we look at the names below, we can guess it's the UATW guitar riff. Later we know that this song was on the table at GS era too. So we can say it has more than just a chorus riff.

image.thumb.jpeg.e11eb5aa4affebd75075b014ec4709f5.jpeg

UFO with Rihanna? UFO is a name that you can give to any song. But i'm sure it's not PoC because it was mentioned as Princess of China always. So we can say that there is a lot UFO's. Also in the latest leaks we heard a song called UFO again. Maybe it is the improved version of this MX demo.

image.thumb.jpeg.3eb1fe3c94d75c3d874a7cefd98f7bc4.jpeg

Another song called Sun, Hilltop, Grass. At the right page it has Mylo writings. So i think it was one of the songs that they planned to name Mylo Xyloto. Because there are notes that the released Mylo Xyloto mentioned as "Album intro"

image.thumb.jpeg.2418237f062117c5c18dd2984d0bb6c0.jpeg

And Great Expectations. The lyrics are matching with the recent leak. But they wanted to call it Mylo Xyloto. Because album needs a title track right?

image.thumb.jpeg.39d40badaf55ab788fcbde2b18d15e68.jpeg

A Hopeful Transmission with lyrics? At the first photo you can see the song is not before DLIBYH. So as it is called, it's transmission to ETIAW but with lyrics.

image.thumb.jpeg.2870e7afaf179a5744169ce814d6ed19.jpeg

Another tracklist is here. They gave up for G.E. So they put the name Mylo Xyloto to "Album intro". We can see they are still keeping ETIAW at the last place. But this time it's scratched and there are alternatives on the left. Tomorrow, Moving to Mars and R.h.t. We don't know what Rht is. But we heard Tomorrow with recent leaks. That explains why it has a very long violin outro. Because it was planned to be the last song. Also Moving to Mars has a long outro (kinda silence but has some space noises?).

image.thumb.jpeg.20cfb75afcefa14e6b948c765d995ec2.jpeg

And the last tracklist appears on the pop-up book. First 4 songs are how the album is released. But this time a new song comes in: Up with the Birds. But in the middle of the album. ETIAW is at last again. Moving to Mars is just before it. They kept MtM in the tracklist for so long (It deserves). Also another new song called Car Kids stepped in too. In the notes we can see it is a big song that has organs strings riffs even they are discussing about adding claps. That song is one of the biggest mysteries of the album. Because it was everywhere in the graffitis. This tracklist lacks Major Minus and DLIBYH. Major Minus is mentioned everywhere in the notes. But I didn't see any word or lyric of DLIBYH. It's a late late addition to the album or the notes mentioning it are not shown in the pop-up book.

So, Mylo Xyloto is great album. In terms of creating process and concept. Musically it sounds so dense. After MX we never saw Coldplay making any songs that has that much instruments and elements like MX songs. We never saw so many cymbals in any song. So Mylo Xyloto was very different in that time and people were upset about Coldplay making pop music. But when we look at it now, we can see how rock it was instead of pop. Because Coldplay went trough ultimate pop way. I think MX is the most original album of Coldplay along with Viva. Other albums are great too but when you listen, you can just say yeah it is classic Coldplay. GS, Ahfod,Mots, even some songs in EL are so "new American Coldplay"(I love those albums). Mylo Xyloto was the last "old British Coldplay"(even though at the time it was called new Coldplay). So i hope they return to this style. I was very hopeful about Mots returning to the origins of MX but didn't happen. In MM i guess it won't happen too.

GS is a breakup album though and most likely AHFOD was planned after Mylo 

55 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:

If you have the book could you send a picture of what A Hopeful Transmission says?