✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Mylo Xyloto song?

[Coldplay]Andi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up in Flames feels very last-minute. Maybe it's just because I know that it was (even Roadie was like 'Hey guys, we've got two weeks left on the album, but we've got one more song up our sleeves!'). And UIF is also incredibly repetitive. Which would be fine, if the thing they're repeating was particularly interesting. Which it isn't. It's just 'Up in Fla-a-a-ames, up in fla-a-a-ames...'. Repeat ad nauseum.

For me it is one of the later interludes, I just don't think either of them add anything really to the album and for all intenstive purposes could of been with the track that comes after them.

Up In Flames however would be my worst real song however.

As for stuff like Paradise and PoC, which is hated by most of you guys, for me they grew on me- expecially PoC which I originally gave it the name "piece of crap".

My least favorite has to be Up In Flames. I can't help but wonder, knowing that it was done at the last minute, what other long in the works song was left off for its inclusion. I think they were excited about it because it was new, as Im sure they are with many songs, but had it been written two years ago it would be interesting to see if it would have still made the cut.

• 1 month later...

Up In Flames definitely. It's the only Coldplay song which I find boring, god knows why they insist on playing it live.

PoC isn't really my thing sound wise, but it's actually pretty good. Plus I like the way UFO merges into it.

How comes so much hate for Major Minus?! Admittedly the studio version is nowhere near as good as the live version, but come on? When they play it live it's brilliant! So atmospheric.

I've got tired of hearing ETIAW live, but I don't mind it within the album, especially with MMIX as an intro.

But who voted for Charlie Brown?! How dare they!

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5041642&postcount=11

Comming from a guy with a Paradise video avatar.

Admit it you guys, you changed your mind. You, like myself, all went from - WTF this isn't

Coldplay for ETIAW and meh for Paradise - to this isn't so bad or fuck yeah, when the album dropped.

MX is a great, happy album with song they trully enjoy performing (so they aren't just

fame whores, they actually like the songs).

M.M.I.X. is the worst "song" on the record.

Dude, seriously? AHT has the most plays on iTunes. :nod:

Either you mizundastud him, or I did, but I think he meant to say that he likes it. So do I.

It has a nice African feel to it like Strawberry Swing and I was disappointed that DLIBYH has nothing to do with it.

I had to go with UWTB. Even though I sort of like it.

And I guess I'm not entirely surprised people picked POC. Why though? I wonder what it is that makes this track so hated? I think it's a brilliant track. Is it because it features Rihanna?

I think people are voting POC just because they hate Rihanna. Don't be closed minded. It's a great song. Give it a chance

This.

If I take look at my iTunes it must be Up In Flames, because I regularly skip it.

U.F.O. It feels too incomplete for what could've been this era's Don't Panic or Poppyfields/Prospekt's March.

:nod:

It's still a nice song, I don't dislike it, but it's weak.

I like the harp intro to PoC, wouldn't mind it if it was longer.

ETIAW. If 3 years ago someone would've said: Coldplay is going to use Peter Allens' I go to Rio in a song, we would've nailed him to a cross. But now everyone seems to be okay with it. I still stand by the fact that I find it an awfull song. The most anti-Coldplay song in history. And now they're closing the set with it as if it's their biggest hit ever. Urgh