✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The next single - which song will it be?

Matej

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Bump!

Now that PoC is released as the fourth single, I hope they release one more single. The only reason being that I want one more video from this era. (CB video was garbage, PoC was average imo)

VLV had five singles but Strawberry Swing was released more than a year after. I'd like HLH to be the next single, but they'd have to tie MX into it so it wouldn't sound awkward.

It can't be Paradise, Charlie Brown, ETIAW, or Princess of China. OBVIOUSLY

It can't be UWTB or UFO either, because they were released together on vinyl.

Nor Major Minus, because it went along with the ETIAW EP.

So this leaves HLH, UATW, UiF, and DLIBYH.

I'm feeling HLH. I think it would make a great single. I have a feeling that DLIBYH is way more of a fan's song. A song that can only be appreciated within the coldplaying community. It would be a better decision if they went with HLH. IMO:)

My choice would be Major Minus, it has the perfect radio time and it's cacthy but they've released it with ETIAW so Hurts Like Heaven seems the obvious next single. Of course, if they release an EP we should have a new song as a single, but at this point I doubt.

All the "obvious" singles off the album have been released now, and it's rare for an album to have more than 4 singles. Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y only had four (if you ignore What If which was a European exclusive single with no video). VLV seemed to have a trillion, which was odd, but I doubt the same thing would happen again this time. Besides, Up With The Birds could count as the 5th single given it was a Record Store Day release.

I think HLH or DLIBYH are both highly likely - if we do actually get a fifth single. I would've loved UATW as well, but it's not going to happen now :( I would've released different singles tho.

#1: Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (June 2011)

#2: Princess of China (September 2011)

#3: Us Against the World (January 2012)

#4: Charlie Brown (May 2012)

#5: Hurts Like Heaven (late July / early August 2012)

PoC would've acted as the lead single. I don't like Paradise, so sorry. This is how I would've done it, and I think CB may've had more of a chance. Also, I'd ideally release each one properly, with a cover and video and announcement. I don't think UwtB can be counted as a fifth single because in the announcement of PoC, Anchorman wrote "the fourth single to be taken from Mylo Xyloto will be Princess Of China", [http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=949&page=20] and UwtB/UFO was released before PoC, obviously. They're not counting it as one, so I don't really think I should, to be honest.

Most likely is HLH, yeah. I think it's more radio-friendly than DLIBYH because it's a little less "heavy." DLIBYH is a bit too pounding and doesn't have a super memorable one-line hook like "you use your heart as a weapon.." nor some "oohho oohho oohoh's" that we expect from Coldplay.

That said, I do like DLIBYH just as much if not more than HLH just for personal reasons.

I think HLH or DLIBYH are both highly likely - if we do actually get a fifth single. I would've loved UATW as well, but it's not going to happen now :( I would've released different singles tho.

#1: Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (June 2011)

#2: Princess of China (September 2011)

#3: Us Against the World (January 2012)

#4: Charlie Brown (May 2012)

#5: Hurts Like Heaven (late July / early August 2012)

PoC would've acted as the lead single. I don't like Paradise, so sorry. This is how I would've done it, and I think CB may've had more of a chance. Also, I'd ideally release each one properly, with a cover and video and announcement. I don't think UwtB can be counted as a fifth single because in the announcement of PoC, Anchorman wrote "the fourth single to be taken from Mylo Xyloto will be Princess Of China", [http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=949&page=20] and UwtB/UFO was released before PoC, obviously. They're not counting it as one, so I don't really think I should, to be honest.

Agreed, except personally I would've liked to see:

1. ETIAW

2. Charlie Brown, Sep 2011

3. POC, Jan 2012 (to still milk the Grammys and BRITs)

4. UATW, April

5. Paradise or HLH or DLIBYH in the summer

I'm kind of beating a dead horse by wishing things went down differently, but I think Charlie Brown as the lead single would have more effectively shown off the diversity of the album. I think Charlie Brown is more universally liked, both by CP and non-CP fans compared to the synth pop that ETIAW and POC are. Not that I don't like that style, but releasing Paradise as the lead single kind of paints this era in a little more negative of a light than I would have preferred.

UATW is a single is kind of a pipe dream, but I love it too much.

And while I'm still complaining, MTM should've been on the album. :p Or it should be the single for that EP we keep dreaming up. :lol:

I think Up In Flames will be the next single (if there will be a next single). It's a slower song, and I think they'll want to change to a slower one after the other singles, to avoid them being all samey samey. + it has had a great reception on the gigs so far

Don't know.

If we get an 5th single, it would be HLH I think, but with all the rumors around an EP, it could be very possible that if we get an EP, there would be an single from the EP. like they did with Life in Technicolor ii.

Or we have all our MX stuff now and is the DVD the only upcoming release.

^ Since we're getting a DVD by the end of the year, according to Phil, my guess is that if there's a 5th single, it won't be released until next year. And if it does happen like that, I DEMAND a b-side :whip: