✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown Music Videos (Live & Studio - both videos in first post)

isrlns

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visually it's stunning with the opening city shots, lasers, xylobands and the rainbow of colours but oddly I feel it's missing the energy of the song.

I don't know if that's because i've seen Charlie Brown live or if I was expecting too much from the video but there's something missing.

For me it doesn't have the replay factor like ETIAW or Paradise.

Doesn't make me love the song any less though :)

I still love the song! I meant my confidence has been shaken about their VIDEOS. ... But honestly, aside from Paradise vid, I haven't liked what I've seen video-wise from MX. I want more vids like The Scientist or GPASUYF. Less flashy colors and lights and shit, more substance. Sorry, but it's only my opinion.

^I'm sorry but you will have to wait for that. One reason: MX is their most colorful album :P

What I mean is that it makes sense that the videos reflect the album, and color-ly speaking, it's really striking with Coldplay: their videos usually reflect the album "colors" : they got more colorful over the years.

^I'm sorry but you will have to wait for that. One reason: MX is their most colorful album :P

What I mean is that it makes sense that the videos reflect the album, and color-ly speaking, it's really striking with Coldplay: their videos usually reflect the album "colors" : they got more colorful over the years.

Eh, it's all good. I still love their music and at the end of the day that is what matters most to me. Now if the music went the way of these videos, then I would be seriously concerned... :P

Yeah.....At first I was like "This is cool!"

At the first kiss I was like "That's sweet"

At the bazillionth kiss I was like "Okay?!" (I started to cringe when they were on the bench)

And then at the end I was like " Am I watching We Found Love?" ( all the fireworks and firecrackers)

Overall OK video. Not the best, not the worst. I do think Rihanna is rubbing off on them a little too much though. I understand the reinvention, but I feel Coldplay is much more mature mentally and musically than all the other musicians out there.

I quite agree with that :nod:

I don't like the video that much, I don't hate it, but it's reaaaaally not my favourite. I don't mind if the characters are kissing once or twice, but that was too much and that making out...that's what you expect to see in other recent pop videos, but I always thought that Coldplay had more potential than that. And it does look a bit like Rihanna's We Found Love video, I'm sorry if I'm the millionth person to say that, but I think it must have an ounce of truth in it, considering that so many people have the same opinion...

Still the song is soooo amazing, the video does picture what the song is about, but I think it's too exaggerated. I love how the band was filmed though and how Chris' head was spinning around. It's still beautiful with all the colours and Xylobands

I really like the colorful thing in their album. :nice:

I had hoped a good video for a very good song. But it's rather a bad video for a very good song. It's why I feel disappointed.

But xylobands look awesome as usual and I still love the song :nice:

After a rewatch - I'm also glad the live version exists. This video doesn't do much to showcase the energy of the song and it's a much too literal translation of the lyrics. That being said, I don't have the same aversion now that I did when I first watched it.

In terms of marketing I think it will do well in the segment that discovered Coldplay through Paradise. The band seemed like they were having fun and were so relaxed instead of intense - it's such a cheerful look on them.

I thought that the video had too much of a "miming" effect though - Chris and Will looked as if they trying to say the words (Will at "Cartoon Heart") too forcefully? (okay, now I'm just nit-picking)

It's beautiful. Though, the story is a bit weak, but it's the story of the song and it is shot really great. I like that it's very colourful and that there a so many xylobands. They may have edited out some more of the kissing, I think it would have been more romantic if the guy and girl were just dancing a little more. Oh, and Chris is looking really creepy into the camera a lot. So it's not perfect... but still great!

It's cute. Not very original and sure it could have been better, but it's not overwhelmingly bad as one could imagine by reading your comments.

I'm glad they used the album version. :surprised: And that Mylo girl is really cute. :dazzled:

There isn't too much kissing. :rolleyes: And it does remind me of We Found Love, but unfortunately it's not better.

As someone mentioned, it's poorly edited, nothing stands out. :no:

But I think it's gonna be successful cos it's like the other stuff played frequently on MTV and non-fans haven't seen the xylobands and stuff...

P.S. Madonna's new song and video are horrible. :|

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's alright, but the video is like a weak version of Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall. ETIAW's video is sublime, made even cooler that it's filmed in an abandoned London flour mill (Millenium Mills!). Coldplay are having there own rave there and it's a much better rave as well!

It's cute. Not very original and sure it could have been better, but it's not overwhelmingly bad as one could imagine by reading your comments.

I'm glad they used the album version. :surprised: And that Mylo girl is really cute. :dazzled:

There isn't too much kissing. :rolleyes: And it does remind me of We Found Love, but unfortunately it's not better.

As someone mentioned, it's poorly edited, nothing stands out. :no:

But I think it's gonna be successful cos it's like the other stuff played frequently on MTV and non-fans haven't seen the xylobands and stuff...

P.S. Madonna's new song and video are horrible. :|

:nod: I agree

Haha I do like Madonna's new video. I think she's very smart for choosing the right people to work with every time.

M.I.A.'s got her new video out today as well and that one's really amazing.

Coldplay might have chosen the wrong day to release theirs.

:nod: I agree

C'mon, the Mylo girl IS cute. :P

And WFL is darker but it's edited very very well. It's quite orgasmic, I love it.

I think I'll like CB more after a few more views...

Haha I do like Madonna's new video. I think she's very smart for choosing the right people to work with every time.

M.I.A.'s got her new video out today as well and that one's really amazing.

Coldplay might have chosen the wrong day to release theirs.

It's supposed to be ironic. "Every record sounds the same." :rolleyes: And she's maximizing the use of her SB performance but I hate the song.

Can't wait to hear the William Orbit songs though (producer of Ray Of Light). I'm a fan of this Madonna:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zf_mkr20E]Madonna - Skin[/ame]