✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown Music Videos (Live & Studio - both videos in first post)

isrlns

When you have read most of comments, you may see, that the coldplayers split up into two groups. There are the ones, who loved their old good albums, espacially AROBTTH and Parachutes. They won`t like the video.

And there are the ones, who liked coldplay because their new, more mainstream albums, espacially mx.

Im on of the first ones. It`s very pessimistic, but I think, Coldplay has produced their best songs already.

With the new commercial music the want to reach a lot of people. but the old fans will be disappointed.

I think next album will be simlar or more mainstream. But, that`s an general problem of bands, when they get famous. Good Music vs Fame.

But, all in all, we can really adore them for their epic songs, the produced in past, can`t we?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I seem to be the rare breed that sincerely loves everything they've ever made. I think, in retrospect, Coldplay will be seen as one of the great bands. Fans feeling "sold out" by there band isn't new. Bands need to change to be good. Think of all the most important bands in history. Not onw stayed the same. I'm glad Coldplay changes. It puts them up there with the greats. Those are my thoughts anyway.

When you have read most of comments, you may see, that the coldplayers split up into two groups. There are the ones, who loved their old good albums, espacially AROBTTH and Parachutes. They won`t like the video.

And there are the ones, who liked coldplay because their new, more mainstream albums, espacially mx.

Im on of the first ones. It`s very pessimistic, but I think, Coldplay has produced their best songs already.

With the new commercial music the want to reach a lot of people. but the old fans will be disappointed.

I think next album will be simlar or more mainstream. But, that`s an general problem of bands, when they get famous. Good Music vs Fame.

But, all in all, we can really adore them for their epic songs, the produced in past, can`t we?

I'm kinda in between, I'm in love with pretty much all their songs, Parachutes to MX. But would hate to see them go so mainstream that they sound like Rihanna, instead of, say U2. I hope in their next album they combine the things they're doing now with the things that they've done that we all know and love (aka Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y, Viva)

Which group would I be in then? I absolutely love Coldplay's music pre-MX (The Scientist is still my all-time favourite song), but I still love their new stuff (Charlie Brown is my second favourite song from the band), and I think the video for Charlie Brown was great.

Am I an anomaly? Because if I am, then that will suit me just fine :)

(And no, I'm not obsessed with Coldplay. The only song I truly like from X&Y is Fix You, and I find most of the songs on Parachutes to be too dull for my tastes, even if I love Don't Panic, Yellow and Trouble.)

I'm kinda in between, I'm in love with pretty much all their songs, Parachutes to MX. But would hate to see them go so mainstream that they sound like Rihanna, instead of, say U2. I hope in their next album they combine the things they're doing now with the things that they've done that we all know and love (aka Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y, Viva)

I totally agree with you.

I love pretty much every single song they released.

And for the next album: I'm pretty confident it won't be going mainstream. MX was in first place an acoustic album, so I hope they'll use some of that for the next album. A mix of the old and the new would be perfect!

I totally agree with you.

I love pretty much every single song they released.

And for the next album: I'm pretty confident it won't be going mainstream. MX was in first place an acoustic album, so I hope they'll use some of that for the next album. A mix of the old and the new would be perfect!

If that happens, I would just die from all the win it would produce :)

Having seen the video now (little late to the party, I know!) I have to say that my feelings on it are mixed. As a video of the MX-era, I have to admit that, to me, it fits the vibe perfectly and really catches that quintessential teen spirit of just going out and living for the moment - I know for certain that, being a teen myself, it makes me desperate to go out right now and party! (Unfortunately, I'm not that kind of girl =( Bit too nerdy for that!) I think it also stays true to the lyrics of the song, which videos often fail to do - the themes of teenage rebellion and hedonistic, idealistic recklessness are perfectly encapsulated!

On the other hand, I preferred the thought that clearly went into the vid for Paradise and am a little of the opinion that less creative effort went into this; it does seem a little trying-too-hard-to-please and I feel it lacks the (for want of a better word) character that most CP videos have had. I realise they are completely different songs and from completely different eras, but what happened to such gems as the videos for Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill, The Scientist, Viva la Vida (particularly the Corbijn version), Talk...? Also, I'm going to inevitably end up sounding like a prude here (I'm not, honest!) but, like many others, I thought the endless kissing was out of place. It may fit well with a trashy, generic chart-pop band but I expect more of Coldplay's videos than seemingly gratuitous sexual overtones. Overall, I think I prefer the live version of the song, but, taken on its own (without comparing it to any previous efforts) I still enjoy this as a bit of dreamy escapism! 7/10

look at The Scientist video, see how Chris and his partner just facially fit the video, these two characters can't even fit facially and make video little better, there's no problem with kissing but these kisses just can't transfer the feeling, they're so soulless like their two emotion-less faces...

love the band but it was a crap, if it was a good gaga model video, it was reallyyy ok but it looks like a unfitting copy that is not even MXish, ETIAW and Paradise were totally better and fit-able ones...

it doesn't even completely follow the CB story line...

plzzz start making a video for HLH or UATW or UWTB, plzzz

I always wanted to make a graphic novel telling the story of Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto, or at least the song “Charlie Brown,” my favorite Coldplay song ever. Now I don’t have to, because Coldplay and Mat Whitecross have done with celluloid what I only dreamed of doing in pen, pencil, and paper.

The music video perfectly captures my mental image of the rebellious, love-struck ravers Mylo and Xyloto (whoever did the casting had to have read my freaking mind or perhaps my sketchbooks) and casts Coldplay themselves as house band the Lost Boys (or at least that’s what I’ve always had in mind.) Everything is as I imagined it when hearing the entire album for the first time, condensed into one mini-masterpiece of a music video. The romance, the ravers, the neon orgy, the carjacking, the graffiti, the fireworks, the fucking Xylobands – I’m simply blown away. And happy. Very, very happy.

My favorite song by my favorite band is now my favorite music video.

Thank you Coldplay. Thank you so much.

:dazzled:

Having seen the video now (little late to the party, I know!) I have to say that my feelings on it are mixed. As a video of the MX-era, I have to admit that, to me, it fits the vibe perfectly and really catches that quintessential teen spirit of just going out and living for the moment - I know for certain that, being a teen myself, it makes me desperate to go out right now and party! (Unfortunately, I'm not that kind of girl =( Bit too nerdy for that!) I think it also stays true to the lyrics of the song, which videos often fail to do - the themes of teenage rebellion and hedonistic, idealistic recklessness are perfectly encapsulated!

On the other hand, I preferred the thought that clearly went into the vid for Paradise and am a little of the opinion that less creative effort went into this; it does seem a little trying-too-hard-to-please and I feel it lacks the (for want of a better word) character that most CP videos have had. I realise they are completely different songs and from completely different eras, but what happened to such gems as the videos for Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill, The Scientist, Viva la Vida (particularly the Corbijn version), Talk...? Also, I'm going to inevitably end up sounding like a prude here (I'm not, honest!) but, like many others, I thought the endless kissing was out of place. It may fit well with a trashy, generic chart-pop band but I expect more of Coldplay's videos than seemingly gratuitous sexual overtones. Overall, I think I prefer the live version of the song, but, taken on its own (without comparing it to any previous efforts) I still enjoy this as a bit of dreamy escapism! 7/10

Agreed :nod::nod:

My favourite era I think was VlV but it varies. I did originally like MX but now it's not the best because it's too mainstream. I KNOW Coldplay are going for that but I just don't find the songs as pleasing to listen to.

The Charlie Brown video just sums up everything I feel now. The guilt I feel for supporting this band who aren't who they used to be. I love Coldplay still but as someone has already mentioned, it's as if their best songs have already been.

Where do they go from here? Every album has had a main instrument upto now and MX is the electro finale I guess. Unless they start acoustic again, I think Coldplay will start to be seen as only mainstream and nothing else.

I wonder what CM is thinking about MX. He's become almost TOO confident and I think it's backfired...

Just my opinions. Taz

Coldplay sound like Rihanna? it's still very important for me to know :stunned: :P :rolleyes:

^ I seem to be the rare breed that sincerely loves everything they've ever made. I think, in retrospect, Coldplay will be seen as one of the great bands. Fans feeling "sold out" by there band isn't new. Bands need to change to be good. Think of all the most important bands in history. Not onw stayed the same. I'm glad Coldplay changes. It puts them up there with the greats. Those are my thoughts anyway.

PREACHER, AMEN. :dazzled:

I always wanted to make a graphic novel telling the story of Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto, or at least the song “Charlie Brown,” my favorite Coldplay song ever. Now I don’t have to, because Coldplay and Mat Whitecross have done with celluloid what I only dreamed of doing in pen, pencil, and paper.

The music video perfectly captures my mental image of the rebellious, love-struck ravers Mylo and Xyloto (whoever did the casting had to have read my freaking mind or perhaps my sketchbooks) and casts Coldplay themselves as house band the Lost Boys (or at least that’s what I’ve always had in mind.) Everything is as I imagined it when hearing the entire album for the first time, condensed into one mini-masterpiece of a music video. The romance, the ravers, the neon orgy, the carjacking, the graffiti, the fireworks, the fucking Xylobands – I’m simply blown away. And happy. Very, very happy.

My favorite song by my favorite band is now my favorite music video.

Thank you Coldplay. Thank you so much.

:dazzled:

Agree. But still my favorite is Speed Of Sound :P

I am of that litter too. :nod:

We are the chosen ones who shall be the first to receive the blessing that is Kar Kidz.