✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown Music Videos (Live & Studio - both videos in first post)

isrlns

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best vid out there but it fits well with the song and the theme of the album so it's pretty darn good.

However, there's too much shaking and jumping around and not enough of the Xylobands (you can't see their full effects properly unlike during their live shows). I think the live video would have been better. This should have been the 'live' video for MX (like Lost and Fix You) because I would have rather have the full effect of the Xylobands than watching 4mins of people jumping around and making me dizzy.

What surprised me was that they kept the piano outro. Was weird. Didn't flow well with the video.

What did Justin Bieber do there? I liked the parts where you just saw the band surrounded by the Xylobanded audience. The whole story with that Justin guy and his chick became interesting when they entered the club where the guys were playing. I'd give it a 6 or maybe a 7.

This frame made me laugh:

schermafbeelding2012020.png

As the room a spinning goessss...

What did Justin Bieber do there? I liked the parts where you just saw the band surrounded by the Xylobanded audience. The whole story with that Justin guy and his chick became interesting when they entered the club where the guys were playing. I'd give it a 6 or maybe a 7.

This frame made me laugh:

As the room a spinning goessss...

LOL :D That's a keeper.

Gotta wait until 5pm before I can go home and watch the video (stupid college and their blocking systems), but it seems like I'm not missing out on much, and the video sounds like it's one big drug trip.

So yeah, can't wait to get high off this video :D

I think I'm just tired, but I quit watching halfway through. I also don't think Charlie Brown is that great. It's just okay.

I'd give it a 5/10, currently. I hate, hate, hate whenever there is a "plot" in a music video - except for The Scientist - and this is no exception.

Like others, this isn't necessarily a bad video, but in terms of Coldplay, it just is not that good.

I'd give it a 5/10, currently. I hate, hate, hate whenever there is a "plot" in a music video - except for The Scientist - and this is no exception. .

So true. My ideal music videos are the ones where you just see the band performing live (with an awesome edit, like the live video for this song).

I think I'm just tired, but I quit watching halfway through. I also don't think Charlie Brown is that great. It's just okay.

I'd give it a 5/10, currently. I hate, hate, hate whenever there is a "plot" in a music video - except for The Scientist - and this is no exception.

I actually prefer a video with a plot like Paradise, The Scientist or the best vid by the band, GPASUYF.

However, after seeing this, I would have preferred a 'live' video for CB than what we got. It's almost the same thing just not as good.

Well, I'm glad they went with the narrative detailed in the song, I think any other type of video would have felt a bit disjointed with the lyrics but I agree it could have been delivered slightly better.

Although I really don't get the "OMG kissing and raving in a coldplay video! :shocked2: They've sold out!" response. The song is about two young people falling in love, so, you know, young folk do actually kiss. And I always took the lyrics "downtown where the losts boys meet" to be a sort of underground rave/ gathering anyway. Can't blame them for following the source material :D

Reminds me of The Call by BSB :P

I don't like the video at all...apart from anything else they look so out of place at a rave, is awkward to watch. The narrative is tenuous and adds nothing to the song. The use of the xylobands doesn't capture the magic of seeing them at a show. To me, it's just weak, too try hard and aimed at a Rihanna/Gaga type audience.

Doesn't take anything away from my enjoyment of the song though, so I'm not too bothered. But they missed a trick by not using footage of the Xylobands in action at the O2 or something instead.

waiting 2 months for such a Rihannaish kiss-ful crap, the worst video ever...

Paradise or The Hardest Part are 100% better in everything...

come on Coldplay, your origin is calling you, "COME BACK TO THOSE DAYS"

Yes, agree!

I actually feel pretty good about myself. After concluding that this song was my favourite off the album, I started pulling together a storyboard in my head for this song.

I was genuinely thinking of putting together a crappy video for it because I don't have much money just to express my ideas.

About 80% of this video is what I had imagined :o I think it's a good video but not enough of the boys jumping around.

Just watched this with my mother, who turns 48 next Monday, and she was in tears after seeing it. I can't rate this video any lower than seven :charlie2:s if my mum was in tears.

Agreed with most people, could have been a lot better. It captured the whole 'no worries, let's party' vibe, but I need something else to make it... genuine?

Missed a Xyloband moment. Getting a little annoyed with their never-ending blacklight/spraypaint/glow in the dark stuff.

Good things:

Actually liked the storyline. Simple and cute.

First time I saw guitars in a club, pretty cool.

Glad that they kept the piano part.

Chris Martin on a dance floor. :lol:

Edit: It also 'helped' I read your comments before watching, so I prepared for the worst. ;)

This shot of Guy's bass is pretty awesome though:

YES, great shot!

Not their best obviously but a good video still, surprised to see Alesha from misfits starring, loads of misfits related comments on youtube now lol. It could of been very predictable though so at least its different, its kind of meant to be for music channels, we have a fan one already.