✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What made you LOL today?

Nikola

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My lack of concentration made me laugh at myself today because I wrongly translated a sentence written in the student book during German course. It goes Darum denke ich mir, dass die Marsstraße hier irgendwo sein muss. which I would translate into English as "That's why I think that the Mars Street has to be somewhere here." But I mistook "denke" for "danke" so I said "That's why I thank myself that the Mars Street has to be somewhere here.". I couldn't help but laugh at this since it was way to funny to forget that immediately. :joy:

• 4 months later...

I happened to give my teacher a fright when I met him in the door meanwhile I was entering the classroom. Neither of us had expected the other one to appear in the doorway. Anyway, he must have been really startled because I could see it in his face and he wasn't even able to greet me or say anything after I had said hello to him and apologised to him for scaring him. (He was the more terrified one!) I couldn't stop laughing afterwards, it was way too funny for me to handle the situation. I truly have no idea what he was thinking or feeling when he returned and saw me chuckling... Embarrassing, isn't it? :joy:

• Like 1

I just stumbled upon something that made me LOL.

I own a website which I once intended to make into a regular science blog, a few years ago, but I never had the time and after a few posts I basically began neglecting it and it's only when the yearly web hosting bill comes in that I think 'oh damn, I still have this website'.

So today I logged in to remove the old contents and put a 'under construction' sign on it, cause I don't wanna close it just yet but hate the fact that it looks so abandoned.

Over the years, hundred of spam posts piled up and were in my 'pending moderation' pile. Most of them ads for services that claim to boost your traffic and the usual stuff.

One, however, stood out :D

Rihanna.JPG.47bead596b106f609333e356f6fe0505.JPG

Yes, this was the entire comment. I should note that my blog dealt with none of the topics alluded to above :joy:

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

Today I went by bus. When I was purchasing the ticket, the driver asked me whether I was going to pay the half-price one. "Sadly", I corrected him. Sometimes it's quite funny to be mistaken for being a child but it feels embarrassing for me as an adult. Moreover, yesterday I bought a liqueur. It wasn't for me but a gift for someone else, hehe. Later, at the checkout corner I was asked to show my ID card. 'Do I look so young?' I asked cheerfully when I was giving it to the cashier. :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 months later...

Today I went by bus. When I was purchasing the ticket, the driver asked me whether I was going to pay the half-price one. "Sadly", I corrected him. Sometimes it's quite funny to be mistaken for being a child but it feels embarrassing for me as an adult. Moreover, yesterday I bought a liqueur. It wasn't for me but a gift for someone else, hehe. Later, at the checkout corner I was asked to show my ID card. 'Do I look so young?' I asked cheerfully when I was giving it to the cashier. :joy:

I had the opposite thing happen to me when I was 16. My uncle's friend thought I was a postdoc, kool aid dip dyed hair and all...

• Haha 4

I had the opposite thing happen to me when I was 16. My uncle's friend thought I was a postdoc, kool aid dip dyed hair and all...

I myself am usually mistaken for an adult even though I'm only 17. :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 6 months later...

I left a silent but deadly in an empty aisle at the grocery store today. Moving along with my shopping to the next aisle, I hear a couple who just turned into the aisle exclaiming "Oh my god!", then start blaming each other for it.

Edited by topazann
  • Haha 2

On 6/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, M Marks The Spot said:

Today I went by bus. When I was purchasing the ticket, the driver asked me whether I was going to pay the half-price one. "Sadly", I corrected him. Sometimes it's quite funny to be mistaken for being a child but it feels embarrassing for me as an adult. Moreover, yesterday I bought a liqueur. It wasn't for me but a gift for someone else, hehe. Later, at the checkout corner I was asked to show my ID card. 'Do I look so young?' I asked cheerfully when I was giving it to the cashier. ?

This happened to me again today. I bought cider and was asked to show my ID card when I was paying for it. My friend, who was shopping with me, saw it and had a laugh about that. Later I asked her, "We never age, do we?"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, M Marks The Spot said:

This happened to me again today. I bought cider and was asked to show my ID card when I was paying for it. My friend, who was shopping with me, saw it and had a laugh about that. Later I asked her, "We never age, do we?"

inb4 "oh sorry haha, it will be nice when you're older"

last summer on holiday in France we were at a restaurant. I ordered an alcoholic drink and the waiter looked at me surprised and said "there's.. there's alcohol in that" me: "yes I know... I'm 22......" (the legal drinking age in France is 18 so apparently I still look 16 or so)

• Haha 1