✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

if they wanted to make it like a really cheesy old chinese kung-fu film, it wouldn't been amazing. they could've had effects like the Knights of Cydonia video and had out of sync dialogue and singing. This video is just appalling. I would be a way better video director than the shit Coldplay hire. the first 30 seconds or so is just chris walking. for fuck sake, the next single's video better be above average

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the video isn't good at all. ETIAW and Paradise are much better. POC has no real idea behind all this images - it's just: hey look, we're looking chinese/japanese. I'm disappointed...

Agreed!

After all, is he there to save her or not? They seem to get in a fight just because...

Aaaah I see, maybe they are fighting against their feelings :rolleyes:

^ yes I think it's something like that :nod:

videos like Strawberry Swing and LiT-ii are 10/10. this is NOT amazing. some people are just biased bigots who assume because its coldplay they have to like it. Jesus, think for yourself?!

Yes, Strawberry Swing & LiT-ii videos are 10/10, and yes, there are probably fans who think everything Coldplay is INCREDIBLE, but maybe people really did enjoy it for what it is, and so what you're doing right now is telling them to think something else than what they really think, so not inviting them to think for themselves :thinking:

Hurrah, time for a review... :wink3:

Uhm, I like it! Better than expected. It's definitely different and kind of dark, which is good. I like the effects looking purposely fake. (Someone mentioned Kill Bill - you can't compare the two but I get where they're comping from.) The ass flash isn't necessary but I don't mind it, it's Rihanna being Rihanna. Her and Chris both look great and have pretty good chemistry on screen.

It's creative and fits the song well without being too predictable.

(Edit: I must admit I had extremely low expectations, so 'better than expected' doesn't mean that much.)

The song still sucks though. :P

OH THANK GOD they left that part out where Chris looked so über gay sitting on that chair :lol:

:laugh3: This!

videos like Strawberry Swing and LiT-ii are 10/10. this is NOT amazing. some people are just biased bigots who assume because its coldplay they have to like it. Jesus, think for yourself?!

this is bigotry at its finest ;) look who's talking now ;)

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Hurrah, time for a review... :wink3:

Uhm, I like it! Better than expected. It's definitely different and kind of dark, which is good. I like the effects looking purposely fake. (Someone mentioned Kill Bill - you can't compare the two but I get where they're comping from.) The ass flash isn't necessary but I don't mind it, it's Rihanna being Rihanna. Her and Chris both look great and have pretty good chemistry on screen.

It's creative and fits the song well without being too predictable.

The song still sucks though. :P

:laugh3: This!

well said!!!! but i love the song though!!! :D

The irony in this statement is hilarious.

Eh. It was alright, I suppose. There were some extremely cheesy parts, but overall not terribly bad. :shrug:

It's miles better than the Charlie Brown video, at least :P

But, basing it off the other (better) videos Coldplay has done in the past (Strawberry Swing, The Scientist, Talk, etc.), I would give it a 4.

if they wanted to make it like a really cheesy old chinese kung-fu film, it wouldn't been amazing. they could've had effects like the Knights of Cydonia video and had out of sync dialogue and singing. This video is just appalling. I would be a way better video director than the shit Coldplay hire. the first 30 seconds or so is just chris walking. for fuck sake, the next single's video better be above average

I actually LIKE Chris walking...

I just don't get the story though.

Blocked :) I said that i uploaded it on youtube and youtube block it.

I guess you're right. I saw your post, but for me the video isn't blocked, but I just tried watching in logged off and it's blocked too. :(

I'm waiting for Vimeo to process my video, maybe then it will show up.

i liked it, better then I expected only i think there is not happeing very much... it's too slow or something.. No action..

I feel sorry for them that it has been leaked. (it has, right?) How could that've happened?!

Sucks if it's your job to tell it to them right now:P "Erm.. Guys... I have to tell you something...."

Before more negativity kicks in in this thread:

Watched it again and I still like it. Maybe it's because I couldn't give a shit. I know they're great as a band and that's what I love them for, their videos are not going to change that. I gave up getting angry with them for being 'commercial' about a year ago.

This was always going to be a Rihanna video and I think it's pretty effing good for a Rihanna video.

:escaping: