✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Least favourite song from each album?

James.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

1. We Never Change --Love this song, but not as good as the others.

2. In My Place-- I think this song is really dull, especially following Politik. Hook kind of annoys me actually.

3. What If-- Still a fine song, but really dislike the lyrics and the extremely melodramatic tone. Do like Guy's bass and Jonny's guitar though.

4. Viva La Vida-- This album is near perfect to me, like AROBTHH, and I really like this song, I just LOVE the others.

5. Up In Flames-- This song is hogwash. Really dull, incredibly cringey lyrics, nice piano, but my least favourite Coldplay track ever. It is obvious that it was the last one scuddled for the album.

6. ASFOS-- Really wish this song didn't come out like it did. Really great elements, like the piano and Chris' really earnest delivery, but the heavy synth production and generic themes and structure make rather annoying and simplistic without being beautiful or all that fun in my opinion.

Parachutes: My favorite album...it's so chill but I guess "Parachutes"

AROBTTH: A Whisper...only song other than Yes I hate by Coldplay

X&Y: Great album...hard to choose but Swallowed in the Sea maybe

VLVODAAHF: Yes, hands down

Mylo Xyloto: The short tracks or Princess of China

Ghost Stories: Another's Arms or Ink..good songs but weak songs

Parachutes: Life is for living, I hate that cheap ass whatever-it's-called-instrument playing in the background. And Chris' voice sounds WEIRD

AROBTTH: In My Place, I never liked it. Except experiencing it live, then I love it, but not because of the music euheueeueue :charming:

X&Y: The Hardest Part, that song just doesn't sound like a Coldplay song to me :wacko: The only part I like about the song is the last third part of it.

VLVODAAHF: Yes, because I can't even remember the melody of the song. It has too many changes in the melody and it just goes in too many directions at the same time. LOL I dunno!

Mylo Xyloto: Major Minus. The only parts I like of this song are the epic bassline and the outro. But that low-fi voice effect is AWFUL AND RUINS EVERYTHING :angry:

Ghost Stories: Another's Arms. There are so many things I dislike about that song I don't bother to write them down. Not even Jonny's guitar can save it for me.

Y'all are insane:

High Speed (Never has really done anything to me

Daylight (I like a whisper. You don't hear it very often, its kind of hiding and I always like hearing it)

Twisted Logic (How can you say What If or X&Y?? Both amazing songs!)

Cemeteries of London / Yes (I really don't like the verse of C.O.L, but it gets better later I guess)

Charlie Brown (I'm not choosing POC because too many people pick that, and Charlie Brown gets old after a while)

O Reprise (GOSH DANG, I hate having to wait 5 minutes for this, and it's not even that good IMO.)

Parachutes: Spies

AROBTTH: Daylight (Can't stand how Chris sings it, or the chords used).

X&Y: X&Y

Viva La Vida: Yes (Ugh)

MX: Princess of China / Up In Flames (I don't really like either of these songs)

Ghost Stories: Oceans (just find myself skipping it a lot).

I agree I don't like yes. Spies is great! Starts out slow and eerie, then moves to the bridge which is great!

X&Y.... HOW can ANYONE put this... one of my FAVORITE songs from X&Y "You and me are floating on a tidal wave"....

Up IN Flames is good. The guitar riff near the end i don't agree with, and the "pour some water on" doesn't really fit IMO but its an overall great song! "So its over.........."

Parachutes: Yellow

AROBTTH: In My Place

X&Y: What If

VLV: Uhhh if I absolutely had to pick it would be Life in Technicolor? but I'd never take it off the album

Prospekt's: Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground

MX: UFO

GS: True Love (I don't really hate it though)

WHAT.

it says 'least favourite'! how can you :(

I dont really listen to that song but other songs on that album give more vibe than Politik. I'd say Clocks is my first favorite - and also the first Coldplay song I play on the piano.

I dont really listen to that song but other songs on that album give more vibe than Politik. I'd say Clocks is my first favorite - and also the first Coldplay song I play on the piano.

the 'problem' with AROBTTH is that it's such a good album that it just never sounds right to say "myeah okay that's my least favourite" :lol: but Politik is in my opinion the best thing Coldplay have ever done and I'm going to kick something if they don't play it live again on the next tour :angry:

Parachutes - High Speed 6.5/10

AROBTTH - A Whisper 6.2/10

X+Y - What If 4/10

Viva La Vida - By far the hardest, at gunpoint... Cemeteries of London 7/10

Mylo Xyloto - Princess of China, not even good for Rihanna - which is saying something 5/10

Ghost Stories - True Love - Hate this. Just hate it. Whatever/10