✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

It will be here before we know it :)

letitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleakletitleak :omgomg:

shiver is one of their worst, another's arms/always in my head are alot better then anything on MX and shiver. Their worst era was X&Y so i don't think the best days of coldplay are gone

wat

X&Y is still my favorite album, and Shiver is a great song.

I like X&Y songs, but the album together is, for me, not very cohesive. By far, for me, the best album is Viva when it comes to the journey from the first track to the last. A Rush has the best tracks though and its an amazing album. I think GS is going to be a great album, but I dont think there will be any legendary songs, unless they are keeping their cards close to their chest. Just solid songs that support each other. Midnight is pretty awesome, so maybe that will end up being the top song

X&Y is interesting. I LOVE the songs..but the album as a whole... not so much lol. As you can see I have been a member here for 10 years and was part of the X&Y, VIVA, and MX era. There are many types of coldplay songs..catchy, melodic, sing-alongs etc. I have to admit if I am on a long drive and want to sing along to a Coldplay song, I pick X&Y. Talk, A Message (who loves this song btw?.. It's one of my favorites!!), Swallowed In the Sea, Square One are all great sing alongs. VIVA is a great album but its not as fun to sing to (outside VIVA and LoJ). I see MX as a fun/party/pop album which has a great collection of songs to rock out and jump to. So far, I see Ghost Stories as an album similar to A Rush and Parachutes. I am ADDICTED to Always In My Head. I cannot wait for the studio version! I am rambling on but I don't post too much on here despite being a member for so long. GS will be a GREAT album, I know it and feel it.

I have to admit if I am on a long drive and want to sing along to a Coldplay song, I pick X&Y. Talk, A Message (who loves this song btw?.. It's one of my favorites!!), Swallowed In the Sea, Square One are all great sing alongs.

Yes, yes and yes. A Message, Talk, Low, Square One, What If, Till Kingdom Come. I love X&Y very much, though I do admit AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF are better as seems to be the general opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 March 2014 / submitted by Mariano, Venezuela

Q. Dear O,

Have you already heard Ghost Stories in its entirety?

Would you say the album has a strong R&B and hip hop influence? Thanks!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

No, I wouldn't. In fact, I'd say the opposite! It has no R&B and hip-hop influence. You can get a feel of the style of Ghost Stories from Midnight & Magic. The band also played Always In My Head and Another's Arms at the iTunes Festival - there's no hint of R&B in any of these new songs.

20 March 2014 / submitted by Mariano, Venezuela

Q. Dear O,

Have you already heard Ghost Stories in its entirety?

Would you say the album has a strong R&B and hip hop influence? Thanks!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

No, I wouldn't. In fact, I'd say the opposite! It has no R&B and hip-hop influence. You can get a feel of the style of Ghost Stories from Midnight & Magic. The band also played Always In My Head and Another's Arms at the iTunes Festival - there's no hint of R&B in any of these new songs.

I hear a R&B feeling in Magic...Don't you guys?

I am stunned that coldplay would give 3 new songs only for target. what happened to the "album as an art form"? don't get me wrong, love that we get 3 more new songs but so far, only people in US can get these officially right?

I have a thing for songs with 'Part 2' in them. Don't ask me why but I just do. So I'm ridiculously excited for this.

And am I the only one who is quite relieved that a song 'Ghost Stories' is in the album? Lol. I hope it's along the same vein of Cemeteries of London. :D