✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the Coldplay subreddit someone posted a link to the atlas project tweet about how LP7 could be released within 12 months. Jimmy Dushku commented saying "If only someone knew for sure...". He then later commented saying that he didn't realise the subreddit is watched and he is now saying he doesn't know anything. :P

On the Coldplay subreddit someone posted a link to the atlas project tweet about how LP7 could be released within 12 months. Jimmy Dushku commented saying "If only someone knew for sure...". He then later commented saying that he didn't realise the subreddit is watched and he is now saying he doesn't know anything. :P

Don't think Atlas project is a news source, but rather a reporter of the news (like Coldplaying). So any news they 'make' is of their own deductions or something they found but nothing concrete. Along those lines, they really aren't saying anything the rest of us here haven't heard ourselves. The fact that Atlas Project said is doesn't make it any more true/false.

I don't know who Jimmy Dushku is (before I googled it), and don't know why he/she's relevant to your story or why you chose to talk about his/her particular comment.

is this gonna be like before GS leaked? us stalking reddit and reddit stalking us, not coming to any conclusion and bullshitting altas project?

Was r/coldplay even very big back then? In my view, they've made some progress since their reddit went through a facelift, but the lack of good content is still an issue; still very raw. Their go at a user created album was a good first step into group cohesion.

The issue with r/coldplay is that reddit's demographic is male teens to mid 20somethings. Just go on r/music and try and talk about your love for Coldplay. Expect the same level of love a snowman has for a vacation in Mexico. Not many are jumping to make a reddit account just to join r/coldplay esp when coldplaying exists where you are less likely to be bullied about the band.

If anyone happens to follow me closely, i've made my view clear on AP. Some are down on them for withholding the studio version of AA from them and thus holding this 'holier-than-thou' persona, but I see them as a good, legit, and fast news source.

Coldplaying is still the number one source for Coldplay news and content, at least for english speakers, and with Coldplay Atlas looking to be a big player in the future as well.

I'd defo like to see a collaboration between the 3 big players in the coldplay fandom fo sho tho (user created coldplay cover album, postcards from far away II, etc).

Quick hit facts:

r/Coldplay - < 4000 members

@ColdplayAtlas - > 5000 followers

Coldplaying.com messageboard - > 95000 members

(lol, as I type this though, there are 11 members online!)

Granted, we've been around for longer, but those are the numbers.

is this gonna be like before GS leaked? us stalking reddit and reddit stalking us, not coming to any conclusion and bullshitting altas project?

LOL that would be funny. We talk so much crap on atlas project :laugh3:

^ They totally deserved it after that crap they pulled before Ghost Stories dropped! But if they come out with news about LP7 I will nonetheless praise them.

I will praise pretty much anyone who has legit news on LP7 xD

i guess we can expect lp7 to come out next year from what chris said in the kevin and bean interview. so those two albums back to back rumors might have some truth to them.

Yeah, so touring in 'a couple years'. I'll interpret that as 2 years (since there are generally 2 people in a couple). So the next 2 years may look like this:

Pre-album hype (First single, interviews, leak hunt, etc) - Fall 2015

Album release - Winter 2015/2016

Tour starts - Summer/Fall 2016

i kind of feel like they where recording LP6 and then Chris and Gwen broke up so they took some songs from the original LP6 and put them on a new record with new songs and made Ghost Stories, they will have had songs left over from the original idea for LP6 and will now finish them with some more tracks to replace the ones that where used for GS for LP7 - if that makes sense to anyone

Was r/coldplay even very big back then? In my view, they've made some progress since their reddit went through a facelift, but the lack of good content is still an issue; still very raw. Their go at a user created album was a good first step into group cohesion.

The issue with r/coldplay is that reddit's demographic is male teens to mid 20somethings. Just go on r/music and try and talk about your love for Coldplay. Expect the same level of love a snowman has for a vacation in Mexico. Not many are jumping to make a reddit account just to join r/coldplay esp when coldplaying exists where you are less likely to be bullied about the band.

If anyone happens to follow me closely, i've made my view clear on AP. Some are down on them for withholding the studio version of AA from them and thus holding this 'holier-than-thou' persona, but I see them as a good, legit, and fast news source.

Coldplaying is still the number one source for Coldplay news and content, at least for english speakers, and with Coldplay Atlas looking to be a big player in the future as well.

I'd defo like to see a collaboration between the 3 big players in the coldplay fandom fo sho tho (user created coldplay cover album, postcards from far away II, etc).

Quick hit facts:

r/Coldplay - < 4000 members

@ColdplayAtlas - > 5000 followers

Coldplaying.com messageboard - > 95000 members

(lol, as I type this though, there are 11 members online!)

Granted, we've been around for longer, but those are the numbers.

You have to understand that /r/Coldplay has grown significantly since February of this year. 1,250 subscribers have joined since Midnight was teased/released. No one is saying /r/Coldplay is a hub of Coldplay news, but let's not ignore the fact that it's becoming more and more popular over time. The moderating team has done a wonderful job getting it from nothing at all to something noteworthy.

As for /r/music, I don't know anyone outside of the subreddit who actually takes that place seriously. It's just a circlejerk of the same music, 365 days a year. Luckily, we never have a problem with being bullied about liking Coldplay in /r/Coldplay, which was one of my biggest fears for the place when it first took off.

1,250 subscribers have joined since Midnight[/url] was teased/released. No one is saying /r/Coldplay is a hub of Coldplay news, but let's not ignore the fact that it's becoming more and more popular over time. The moderating team has done a wonderful job getting it from nothing at all to something noteworthy.

As for /r/music, I don't know anyone outside of the subreddit who actually takes that place seriously. It's just a circlejerk of the same music, 365 days a year. Luckily, we never have a problem with being bullied about liking Coldplay in /r/Coldplay, which was one of my biggest fears for the place when it first took off.

Yes, I agree with everything you've said, and of course you'd have a better view of it than I. I'm excited for the growth the place is getting. I was trying to get across that going FROM coldplaying to r/coldplay is a step back for me. But of course, they are still a young community and I expect great things in the future so best of luck to them.

but why are people afraid of getting bullied, its just the internet ignore them and keep doing what you want, they can't come to your house and set the place on fire

Why are people afraid of getting bullied? Is that a serious question? People are getting introduced to the internet at a younger and younger age now. An age where fitting in means everything to them. I certainly remember being a teenager and being like this. The options to them are fit in and be cool, or be an outsider and get bullied. I'm not saying thats actually the case, but its the mindset of a current day teenager. Your average teenager hasn't really learned to 'ignore' haters yet. They cling to every compliment/insult like its all they've got.

This has all taken a bit of a weird tangent hasnt it? lol. So, LP7...long ways to go eh?

^ Aye. Though our discourse is completely faceless, it is hard not to feel effected personally by cyberbullying. Though I am personally old enough to not give a crap what people think, for teens it can be dangerous, and you are right, it is impossible having a discussion when someone brutishly bashes something openly because it is inconsequential for them to do so.

Coldplay does attract mad hate. Sucks. Oh well. LP7 is going to be such a masterpiece that everyone will just stop making music and the debate will be over.

^ Aye. Though our discourse is completely faceless, it is hard not to feel effected personally by cyberbullying. Though I am personally old enough to not give a crap what people think, for teens it can be dangerous, and you are right, it is impossible having a discussion when someone brutishly bashes something openly because it is inconsequential for them to do so.

Coldplay does attract mad hate. Sucks. Oh well. LP7 is going to be such a masterpiece that everyone will just stop making music and the debate will be over.

lol, would be nice if that were to come true. In my view, everyone's basically got their opinions on Coldplay pretty much set now after 6 albums. They could release a masterpiece and still get dumpped on for being 'uncool'.

i kind of feel like they where recording LP6 and then Chris and Gwen broke up so they took some songs from the original LP6 and put them on a new record with new songs and made Ghost Stories, they will have had songs left over from the original idea for LP6 and will now finish them with some more tracks to replace the ones that where used for GS for LP7 - if that makes sense to anyone

I think the same

lol, would be nice if that were to come true. In my view, everyone's basically got their opinions on Coldplay pretty much set now after 6 albums. They could release a masterpiece and still get dumpped on for being 'uncool'.

You are completely right haha. We human beings tend to do hate things without giving them fair chance. On my end, for example, I am predisposed to hate bands like Nickelback, Daughtry or Shinedown despite the fact that they have millions of loving fans. I would even bet that if I went to one of those concerts, or carefully listened to an album, I would gain more respect, but I don't.

Same goes for Coldplay haters. They take the hits like Speed of Sound, Paradise or Yellow (which I love) and point out their simplistic lyrics and falsetto and say "Coldplay are whiny and making repetitive, boring music." I can understand why you may dislike the pop hits, ]Viva La Vida is my least favourite song on that album (despite it being perfect in every way,) but they know nothing of the many great treasures in Coldplay's discography! I wager it is impossible for a human being to dislike every Coldplay song that has ever been released.

What I want for LP7 is more guitars. That's what's been missing from their recent output. I don't expect AROBTTH 2.0 or anything, but right now the 'innovative' thing would be turning back to rock music, not co-writing with Avicii and using an entire track by Jon Hopkins and passing it off as their own. The GS bonus tracks prove they're able to mix old and new styles perfectly well. Plus more b-sides. Look at the reactions to Moving To Mars & Ghost Story.

[video=youtube;Q0mdwB2gv7Y]

I think All Your Friends is magnificent. It's way more innovative and enjoyable a listen for me since I think it captures perfectly Ghost Story's implicit musical mission statement - use electronics to create an intimate sound, electronic drums, a big focus on bass. However, what it does better is having deep lyrics that are still emotional and well-delivered (some of Chris's best vocals in my opinion - the "open fiiiiire" is so cool). The guitar-piano tradeoff solo is very interesting, which is a technique that's sort of used in Atlas but in a different execution.

Indeed - a return to rock would be quiet innovative because the way Coldplay does "rock" has always been very interesting and not predictable. That's how we get songs like Moving to Mars, Atlas, 42, Cemeteries of London, HLH...

Indeed - a return to rock would be quiet innovative because the way Coldplay does "rock" has always been very interesting and not predictable. That's how we get songs like Moving to Mars, Atlas, 42, Cemeteries of London, HLH...

What he said! Totally agree.

I caught myself thinking earlier about what songs I'd love to see return on the LP7 tour. I mean, obviously we don't know what kind of feel the album gives off song-wise (rockier? More mellow? Stripped back? Electronic?) but I just think there's some hidden gems out there that dropping from the setlist was a mistake.

If I had to make a top 5:

1) Glass of Water - one of the best examples of Coldplay's 'explosive chorus' songs, this song just has so much energy. And it's from the Viva era, which makes it even better. :laugh3:

2) Yes - particularly the extended version with the amazing ending. I think this song would have fitted in with the Ghost Stories era perfectly, while not being too downbeat. Alas, the Ghost Stories your turned into a sort of Ghost Stories material + greatest hits tour. :(

3) Hurts Like Heaven - I know it's unusual for openers to come back into the set on a later tour (I'm looking at you, Politik), and that MX/Hurts Like Heaven kind of defined what the whole album was about and set the scene for 90 minutes of colourful mayhem during the live shows, but worked properly into the setlist I could see this song becoming a main part of the LP7 shows - what with it's apparently boundless energy and chances for crowd participation. However, unless the xylobands come back, I don't see much chance of this song making the cut, unfortunately (unless it's chosen as the song the band want to make acoustic).

4) Strawberry Swing - doesn't really need any explanation. :smug:

5) Swallowed In The Sea - a song that has been on the shelf and rather neglected for many years. In fact, I don't actually recall when it's last live appearance was, but I'm going to guess around 2007. This song, in my opinion, is one of Coldplay's most underrated songs. Period. It just needs to come back because I WANT TO SEE IT LIVE. :(

Anybody else have any songs that they hope will return on the next tour?