✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest diogo_sg
if[/color] this is true, 9 songs are just too damn short! unless they do a viva and couple songs together, which i doubt will happen.

I couldn't agree more!!

I was so looking forward for AHFOD but now, bc of this anon, I'm not so sure of what to think!!

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
I felt with the 9 tracks on GS, it was like you turned it on and then it was over. All your Friends, Ghost Story, and O (reprise) would really have benefited the album as a whole if they were on the standard version. I hope for 10 or 11 tracks at the VERY least :\

Me too!!

Dammit!!! [emoji24]

Guest diogo_sg
I know for a fact that they're done with the double titling (so Chris said in his interview with Zane Lowe)

But I agree with you mates, 9 is too damn short.

Is making an album with a minimun of 11 tracks something so hard nowadays?!

Guest diogo_sg
But I have to admit I'll always think: "Quality over quantity"

But why can't we have both?!?! [emoji24]

I felt with the 9 tracks on GS, it was like you turned it on and then it was over. All your Friends, Ghost Story, and O (reprise) would really have benefited the album as a whole if they were on the standard version. I hope for 10 or 11 tracks at the VERY least :\

I can confirm they do :) My playlist for Ghost Stories:

1. Always in my Head

2. Magic

3. Ghost Story

4. All Your Friends

5. Midnight

6. Another's Arms

7. Atlas

8. Oceans

9. A Sky Full of Stars

10. O

A lot more satisfying than the actual album, I think.

I can confirm they do :) My playlist for Ghost Stories:

1. Always in my Head

2. Magic

3. Ghost Story

4. All Your Friends

5. Midnight

6. Another's Arms

7. Atlas

8. Oceans

9. A Sky Full of Stars

10. O

A lot more satisfying than the actual album, I think.

I agree soooo much

I'd say this anon is some sort of industry insider or a cheeky intern working at the label who's just posting things they hear or It's just multiple people trolling the shit out of all of us... Which is in my opinion the most likely option ;)

I am calling bologna on this latest anonymous post. I don't see how Tidal could fight over something with iTunes when Tidal is a streaming service and iTunes/Apple Music does both streaming and selling. I suppose they could "exclusively stream" deluxe tracks on Tidal only, but that would really suck. It is a sinking service and totally would be a slap in the face to millions of us fans who don't want to go through all that work to get a couple B-sides.

Maybe the record label has complete control of this, but I really would hope Coldplay wouldn't do this again. The whole Target Deluxe Ghost Stories is weird enough and totally unnecessary. It is the new way for big artists to sell B-sides. Just release the album and then release an EP like the good old days!!!!!!

I am calling bologna on this latest anonymous post. I don't see how Tidal could fight over something with iTunes when Tidal is a streaming service and iTunes/Apple Music does both streaming and selling. I suppose they could "exclusively stream" deluxe tracks on Tidal only, but that would really suck. It is a sinking service and totally would be a slap in the face to millions of us fans who don't want to go through all that work to get a couple B-sides.

Maybe the record label has complete control of this, but I really would hope Coldplay wouldn't do this again. The whole Target Deluxe Ghost Stories is weird enough and totally unnecessary. It is the new way for big artists to sell B-sides. Just release the album and then release an EP like the good old days!!!!!!

the deluxe edition thing tho isnt nothing new, bands have been doing that since the 90s regarding countries like Japan

just do like i did with GS, all your friends is my favourite song so i refused to buy the album because it wasn in it, i live in italy and i dont know anyone from the USA so i couldnt get my hands on the deluxe edition, so i made an illegal copy of it, im not gonna pay for something i cant truly enjoy. After more than one year of waiting Mackplay sent the Deluxe edition to me so now i can finally listen to it.

the deluxe edition thing tho isnt nothing new, bands have been doing that since the 90s regarding countries like Japan

just do like i did with GS, all your friends is my favourite song so i refused to buy the album because it wasn in it, i live in italy and i dont know anyone from the USA so i couldnt get my hands on the deluxe edition, so i made an illegal copy of it, im not gonna pay for something i cant truly enjoy. After more than one year of waiting Mackplay sent the Deluxe edition to me so now i can finally listen to it.

Wait, don't they sell the A Sky Full Of Stars EP?

Guest diogo_sg
"Stadium filling" is quite vague though, That could mean anything from AROBTTH, VLVODAAH or Mylo Xyloto. (Or most likely something completely new, unique and fresh)

He said the album will be mostly pop, sooooo

9 songs?! After all this time working on it, only 9 songs?! C'mon, hard to believe that's all they have, like they already throw away so much material when writing 11 track albums.. And I agree, no deluxe through no exclusive seller, such a Katy Perry move..

Guest diogo_sg
9 songs?! After all this time working on it, only 9 songs?! C'mon, hard to believe that's all they have, like they already throw away so much material when writing 11 track albums.. And I agree, no deluxe through no exclusive seller, such a Katy Perry move..

I just hope the anon to be lying

IF A Head Full of Dreams will contain only 9 songs that means it would have the same number of tracks with the previous release (Ghost Stories). I don't know if this is somehow related to "AHFOD-day;GS-night" idea... That being said, I do hope they insert hidden tracks like what they did on VLVODAAHF. I know they're done with the double title thing but they can still put two songs in a single track like "O' which has Fly on as the first part. I still prefer quality over quantity at this point. Also, I do hope that they release the Deluxe Edition (IF ever there will be a Deluxe Version of the album) in physical format (CD and Vinyl).

Yeah. At this point, they're just using what is known to the public and using it to look secretive. Tidal is already a joke to everyone else, so releasing something exclusively to them would be outright embarrassing. I've said this since the launch of Apple Music, but I genuinely feel that Coldplay will do something for them. It's a pretty big hit so far, and it's (personally) something I would love to see. But the biggest reason I call BS on this is why on earth would someone that close to the band find a random Chris Martin fan page on Tumblr to leak the news? I just do not get it. I'm not saying Coldplaying is the biggest place either, but at least makes more sense in context.