✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I doubt this anonymous information is correct but if it is I'm even more disappointed. I find the band's involvement with Tidal totally unnecessary and embarrassing. Same goes with Global Citizen and all their other endeavors (the whole idea of celebrities trying to save the world is ridiculous but that's another topic entirely). I cannot stress enough what a huge mistake the exclusion of Ghost Story and All Your Friends was so I sincerely hope it won't happen again. But that is most likely the case. The album is probably full of ASFOS and Paradise songs so they're releasing the more mature songs as deluxe exclusives on either Tidal or Apple.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deluxe Edition. Why Coldplay? Why?

I don't mind 9 tracks. Yes, it isn't a lot, but if they are a smashing 9 songs, then I am all cool with it.

I would much prefer an EP than a Deluxe Edition. And if they are only exclusive to Tidal, I will flip because that would be so annoying. I don't really want a Deluxe Edition at all. Either add it to the album or release an EP or just leave them out all together.

With GS, yes, I loved All Your Friends and Ghost Story and O (Reprise), but as B-Sides. NOT extra songs on the album. Ghost Stories in particular, because it is quite a emotionally driven album, it tells a story sort of (if that makes sense) and then they go "oh here you go, something you can add on to it". I'm not too sure how to explain but, It just doesn't feel right. It feels like they weren't happy with it or something. Like when I think of a Coldplay album, I think of the album, start to finish as a solid piece of work. You can't change that. But a Deluxe Edition isn't that. It's confusing and I don't know how to explain it but I hope somebody gets me hahaha :P

And I will say, that is just my opinion, I understand if you think otherwise :P

Guest diogo_sg

Yesterday, when I read the anon news, I got so nervous I couldn't do anything other than shake and walk around my house. But then I said to myself:

"Relax. You don't know for sure if this is true. Just wait for some official news and then you can freak out. For now, everything is just a big fat rumour, so let's not overreact to it"

I say the same thing for you, guys. I hope it helps.

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
I doubt this anonymous information is correct but if it is I'm even more disappointed. I find the band's involvement with Tidal totally unnecessary and embarrassing. Same goes with Global Citizen and all their other endeavors (the whole idea of celebrities trying to save the world is ridiculous but that's another topic entirely). I cannot stress enough what a huge mistake the exclusion of Ghost Story and All Your Friends was so I sincerely hope it won't happen again. But that is most likely the case. The album is probably full of ASFOS and Paradise songs so they're releasing the more mature songs as deluxe exclusives on either Tidal or Apple.

Just a small note on the Global Citizen thing: celebs get involved in this kind of things bc they are well known, and that can attract more people to join these organizations. Some just sell their faces and names, and some (like Chris) go to places and help.

Guest diogo_sg

We don't even know who this guy is!!! Let's all settle down and drink a cup of tea

Deluxe Edition. Why Coldplay? Why?

I don't mind 9 tracks. Yes, it isn't a lot, but if they are a smashing 9 songs, then I am all cool with it.

I would much prefer an EP than a Deluxe Edition. And if they are only exclusive to Tidal, I will flip because that would be so annoying. I don't really want a Deluxe Edition at all. Either add it to the album or release an EP or just leave them out all together.

With GS, yes, I loved All Your Friends and Ghost Story and O (Reprise), but as B-Sides. NOT extra songs on the album. Ghost Stories in particular, because it is quite a emotionally driven album, it tells a story sort of (if that makes sense) and then they go "oh here you go, something you can add on to it". I'm not too sure how to explain but, It just doesn't feel right. It feels like they weren't happy with it or something. Like when I think of a Coldplay album, I think of the album, start to finish as a solid piece of work. You can't change that. But a Deluxe Edition isn't that. It's confusing and I don't know how to explain it but I hope somebody gets me hahaha :P

And I will say, that is just my opinion, I understand if you think otherwise :P

Listening to a Coldplay album feels like a journey especially the last 3 releases. And I do find the arrangement of tracks vital for the album's outcome. However, it was not very unusual for Coldplay to release versions of their album with additional tracks. Parachutes was released with 2 bonus tracks in Japan (Careful where You Stand & For You), They released Tour Editions for X&Y, Mylo Xyloto was released in Japan with three live songs, and Ghost Stories was released in Deluxe Edition with 3 additional tracks (although Target Exclusive). I see your point though. I prefer a standard track list myself (Radiohead for example). But I guess they release exclusive tracks for promotion and advertisement.

That last 2 anon comments sound pretty fake to me, as they are just a rephrasing of known stuff. Plus, the Tidal vs. Apple debate doesn't sound believable, as has already been pointed out.

On the Global Citizen thing: I know I will make myself unpopular with this opinion, but nevertheless......all these super-rich celebrities campaigning for "good causes" always have a negative taste for me. If they truly meant to reduce poverty etc., one of the first steps would be to separate from the enormous sums they possess and will never even need in their lives and start living like a normal upper-/middle-class citizen. Because it it this imbalance of income and posessions between people like them and the rest of the world that is a basis of poverty, too.

Their huge profits are possible due to a system that is based on global social inequality as well as exploitation. It would not work on an equal basis, and they have all capitalized on that. If Chris Martin were as truly committed to ending extreme poverty as he tries to make everyone believe, the first step would be to renounce on a large part of his fortune. And this is true for any other of these anti-poverty celebs too. If he would do that and then go on campagining, I would truly believe his intentions. But now it sounds just like someone tries to ease his conscience and show the world what a good guy he is (i. e. PR).

There is my comment, now "I don't care, go on and tear me apart" :P

This may not has anything to do with AHFOD but

Apparatjik, the band that Guy is involved, just uploaded a new song on Youtube

[video=youtube;DYb3MEuRW0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYb3MEuRW0k

A few thoughts:

-I miss Guy's bass:P

-So Guy is working with Coldplay and Apparatjik at the same time? WOW.

-Can anybody recognises Guy's voice? I can't tell if he sings in the song :laugh3:

I get your point 'I ran away', and it is a valid one. But compared to most artists, Coldplay have donated quite a high percentage of their earnings to charity and have made direct choices and efforts towards many charities and causes.

Let's flip the script: if you switched lives with Chris, would you donate it all away and leave yourself with just a couple hundred thousand to spare? We would all like to believe we would, but would you really?

But that's an argument for another thread entirely.

Guest diogo_sg
If you notice High Speed from Parachutes has the same bass line :)

I think the only bass line I've noticed in a CP song is the one in Magic.

It's either that or I have no idea what a bass sounds like.

Probably the 2nd option.

I think the only bass line I've noticed in a CP song is the one in Magic.

It's either that or I have no idea what a bass sounds like.

Probably the 2nd option.

I hate to sound elitist or something like that but most ppl don't know how important the bass is or what it truly sounds like. Most have the idea that it only shows up / is important in rap music but they'd be dead wrong. Spoken like a true bassist i'm sure, lol

Unless you're using a pair of crappy stock apple earbuds or something and literally can't hear the bass?

But how will the world know my opinion of pop music????

If we're talking Pop Muzik, I want Coldplay to start each show by emerging out of a giant Lemon and slowly walking down a flight of stairs dressed like they just came back from an 90's Halloween party.

I hate to sound elitist or something like that but most ppl don't know how important the bass is or what it truly sounds like. Most have the idea that it only shows up / is important in rap music but they'd be dead wrong. Spoken like a true bassist i'm sure, lol

Unless you're using a pair of crappy stock apple earbuds or something and literally can't hear the bass?

I know what you mean. I play guitar now and a little bass and until you have some musical experience, it can be something difficult to wrap your head around. Granted, I used to play Bass Clarinet so playing bass in a symphonic band would be different haha. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I get your point 'I ran away', and it is a valid one. But compared to most artists, Coldplay have donated quite a high percentage of their earnings to charity and have made direct choices and efforts towards many charities and causes.

Let's flip the script: if you switched lives with Chris, would you donate it all away and leave yourself with just a couple hundred thousand to spare? We would all like to believe we would, but would you really?

But that's an argument for another thread entirely.

Yeah, this would need to be discussed in a separate thread. But anyway, I didn't imply Chris or Coldplay are the worst artists out there, I do keep track of their charity efforts and all that. But Chris, just taking him as an example, could live like a king on 10 million plus the respective interests plus future incomes and donate the rest. I know no celeb has ever done that. If I'd do it ? Only someone who is actually in that position and can make that choice could give a meaningful answer. Now I'd like to think I'd do it, too, but then money can corrupt you/make you blind so I don't know if I would be strong enough to withstand. I'm being honest here. Maybe remembering what I thought earlier of celebs sitting on a large fortune and publicly campaigning against poverty would make me do it :)

I love the basslines on the AROBTTH Album, and certainly they are important for the overall sound.

Yeah, This is very true. Clocks is a good example because without Guy's bass line to move the song along it wouldn't have the same urgency or "feel" to it. Another prime example is Violet Hill where the bass line is basically the complete foundation for the song and creates the dark and menacing atmosphere.

Guest diogo_sg

I'm sorry if I sounded ignorant, but I really don't know the sound of a bass. I know it is a very important element on music. I've heard the bass , but I just don't know that it is what it is. Sorry again.