✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest diogo_sg
DLIBYH is the perfect example of when coldplay FAIL in production, i can't tell an instrument in that song, and the wall of sound is so big and loud that it gives e an headache. it could have been one of my fav songs from MX if it wasnt for the awful awful awful awful awful production, worst production ever on a coldplay song, i cant think of a another coldplay song THAT ruinied fro the production

I adore DLIBYH! I think the sound of it is very triumphant and uplifting. The beginning is an absolute explosion of joy!!

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DLIBYH is the perfect example of when coldplay FAIL in production, i can't tell an instrument in that song, and the wall of sound is so big and loud that it gives e an headache. it could have been one of my fav songs from MX if it wasnt for the awful awful awful awful awful production, worst production ever on a coldplay song, i cant think of a another coldplay song THAT ruinied fro the production

To me, it's more the mixing than the production that feels kind of... rushed (i.e. fucked up)

Guest diogo_sg
Upbeat Coldplay songs need not be MX. Upbeat Coldplay songs they should take as inspiration include, in my opinion:

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Talk

Lost

Lovers in Japan

Viva La Vida

Everyone knows Coldplay have tons of other upbeat songs that aren't from MX, but since this album is their happier one, it's used many times as a reference to a "uplifting/upbeat Coldplay".

But of course there are many other upbeat Coldplay songs:

. The ones you've already posted

. Shiver

. A Whisper

. White Shadows

. Strawberry Swing

. Ink

*And so many others*

Guest diogo_sg
Let's not forget The World Turned Upside Down :awesome:

I had never heard that song entirely til now.

I should be punished for that.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

What!? DLIBYH is one of the better songs on MX.

POC is the worst produced song. That song is [emoji37]

Guest diogo_sg
I know Coldplay has some good upbeat/uplifting songs (Strawberry Swing for life), but I still think the dark/serious songs are where they really shine. Give me an album of Strawberry Swings, Lovers in Japans, and TWTUDs with a Murder or a Violet Hill thrown in there and I'll be happy!

[emoji4] [emoji122] [emoji106]

Let's be honest, it's the fact that Rihanna's on it that makes people hate it here.;)

When it only existed as that low quality leak where Chris sang all the parts, everybody was nuts about it.

To be honest, i never really praised it even when chris was solo. The acoustic version is a million times better. I don't have a problem with rihanna, she's ok.

And the irony is, if you go through the comments of the POC video in Coldplay's channel, all the RiRi fans claim that chris and coldplay got famous because of her. And i really detested that song. They should have never included RiRi

I know. I hate that! [emoji35]

And the irony is, if you go through the comments of the POC video in Coldplay's channel, all the RiRi fans claim that chris and coldplay got famous because of her. And i really detested that song. They should have never included RiRi

Oh I'm sure Coldplay sold out the Mylo Xyloto tour because everyone wanted to hear that Rhianna tune.. :rolleyes2::rolleyes3:

Guest diogo_sg
Oh I'm sure Coldplay sold out the Mylo Xyloto tour because everyone wanted to hear that Rhianna tune.. :rolleyes2::rolleyes3:

[emoji13]

Let's be honest, it's the fact that Rihanna's on it that makes people hate it here.;)

When it only existed as that low quality leak where Chris sang all the parts, everybody was nuts about it.

To be fair, when we only had that low-quality leak:

1) We had no idea the lyrics were as awful as they are

2) We didn't know that the song was basically just a bunch of synths strung together

And yes 3) We didn't know Rihanna was going to be featured, or at least, not to the extent that she sings for the majority of the song

Plus, Coldplay's songs usually sound better live, which probably skewed our perceptions a bit as the audience seemed pretty excited/drowned out the worst parts of the song. The fact that it features Rihanna definitely plays a part in why some of us hate it, but I don't think it's the only reason.

Speaking as someone who loved PoC when we just had the leak and now considers it to be Coldplay's worst song :P

Guest diogo_sg
To be fair, when we only had that low-quality leak:

1) We had no idea the lyrics were as awful as they are

2) We didn't know that the song was basically just a bunch of synths strung together

And yes 3) We didn't know Rihanna was going to be featured, or at least, not to the extent that she sings for the majority of the song

Plus, Coldplay's songs usually sound better live, which probably skewed our perceptions a bit as the audience seemed pretty excited/drowned out the worst parts of the song. The fact that it features Rihanna definitely plays a part in why some of us hate it, but I don't think it's the only reason.

Speaking as someone who loved PoC when we just had the leak and now considers it to be Coldplay's worst song [emoji14]

I actually like PoC with all those synths.

Of course it isn't the Coldplay we're used to and it would've been 100 times better without Rihanna, but IT IS Coldplay. We can feel that when we listen to it (at least I can)

Guest diogo_sg
^Admittedly, the record scratch bass drop thing is still pretty awesome. I prefer the live version with Jonny's guitar though :guitarist:

I think I've never heard PoC live. I gotta do it soon [emoji4]

Did POC sound any better, live on their Mylo Xyloto tour? I haven't heard the live version so I dont actually know.

I personally like the slightly less overproduced sound but I also really don't like that when Rihanna couldn't appear to sing POC herself, Coldplay just used a recording of her with Chris awkwardly not doing anything for much of the song.