✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh I'm sure Coldplay sold out the Mylo Xyloto tour because everyone wanted to hear that Rhianna tune.. :rolleyes2::rolleyes3:

It would make you wonder...

*Coldplay live 2012*

God put a smile upon your face- From AROBTTH. Everyone standing around like walking dead extras watching it through their smartphones.

POC- Coldplay's worst song by far, Rihanna appears and crowd goes wild...

POC has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Terrible lyrics and awful synth sounds. Rihanna was obviously not chosen for her vocal abilities or talent, only because it would be mutual gain for both parties. Awfully lazy song and I haven't listened to it since release. I'm against collaborations for AHFOD in general but IF it is Rihanna again I'll be bitterly disappointed.

*Coldplay live 2012*

God put a smile upon your face- From AROBTTH. Everyone standing around like walking dead extras watching it through their smartphones.

POC has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Terrible lyrics and awful synth sounds. Rihanna was obviously not chosen for her vocal abilities or talent, only because it would be mutual gain for both parties. Awfully lazy song and I haven't listened to it since release. I'm against collaborations for AHFOD in general but IF it is Rihanna again I'll be bitterly disappointed.

I want GPASUYF like Live 2012's version [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Guest diogo_sg
LP7 thread or Princess of China thread? [emoji14]

Ikr [emoji13] [emoji12]

"I live to see the world"

Alright everyone this isn't the bash POC and Rihanna thread. If you've got problems take it to that thread. Anyways I've been listening to A-ha's Hunting High and Low and I have a feeling AHFOD will be that kind of "pop" not the modern pop of today.

Guest diogo_sg
Alright everyone this isn't the bash POC and Rihanna thread. If you've got problems take it to that thread. Anyways I've been listening to A-ha's Hunting High and Low and I have a feeling AHFOD will be that kind of "pop" not the modern pop of today.

That would be nice!! I love Take On Me and Hunting High And Low! [emoji106]

Yes, it seems that way. Pop rock, new wave with a coldplay twist. [emoji106]

*Coldplay live 2012*

Same thing happened with Warning Sign and DLIBYH [i was there an saw everything, I was the only one in my area that was singing WS]

Guest diogo_sg
So with that said, I expect the first single to be their very own "Take On Me". That's something you can "shuffle your feet to"

Just a little fact about me:

I dance to Take On Me. In 2015. I'm 14 years old.

[ATTACH]32116[/ATTACH]

And here is a something I wanted to share with you'll :')

Anyways, debating about POC, each person is totally entitled to his own opinion. Some may like the song and some may not. But linking Coldplay's success to Rihanna is illogical. Maybe POC has one of the most number of views and comments on youtube and maybe the Mylo Xyloto tour tickets sold out more because of this collaboration. And it is saddenning. Don't people have an ear for actual good music?

Nevertheless, let us return back to AHFOD for now :P

POC has one of Jonny's coolest guitar lines, which mixes with the vocal really well. Also it's structure is funky...like...it's only got 1 chorus. What's up with that?! Just to put out some "objective" reasons to like the song / suggest that it's not lazy. :)

I agree...the question needs to be asked: If PoC wasn't written specifically for Rihanna, would we like it? Without RiRi, I have a feeling most of us would applaud the strange, glitchy synths and the roaring guitar and swooping oriental strings. I think it has some of Coldplay's most ambitious and interesting production, just listen to the instrumental version!!! The issue is the songwriting. It's structure is poorly written so Chris and RiRi can OOOOOOhhhhh Ohhhhhh Ohhhhhh over and over, and it just doesn't work well, just like Avicii and the boys on ASFOS. Plus the lyrics are utter garbage.

But for all you fans out there who hate PoC, imagine those chords and that beautiful, almost haunting melody played on piano, or on Chris' acoustic guitar during the Grammy's. It is awesome! Even the acoustic version (sans vocals) is amazing! Same with DLIBYH. The poor song was mixed terribly, and those cymbals give me a headache, BUT, that melody, the production with those swooping guitars, synths, electronic, fast drumming, great bassline, xylophone! I think this song is underrated. Really gorgeous, epic with pretty solid lyrics and my favourite vocal song on MX!!!!

POC has one of Jonny's coolest guitar lines, which mixes with the vocal really well. Also it's structure is funky...like...it's only got 1 chorus. What's up with that?! Just to put out some "objective" reasons to like the song / suggest that it's not lazy. :)

Right? I don't understand that argument whatsoever. It's an incredible song musically, and an alright song all put together. I could legitimately listen to just the music over and over.

I agree...the question needs to be asked: If PoC wasn't written specifically for Rihanna, would we like it?

Without a damn doubt. It would probably be one of the most praised tracks of the post-X&Y days. For those that were here before MX, remember the reception for the original version? I specifically remember almost everyone's most wanted track being Princess of China. Not only that, but people were "called out" for not liking it as much. And it stayed that way until the day Rihanna was announced to be a part of it. Talk about a stigma.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Am I the only one who thinks that Rihanna is the better thing of the whole song?

No, I think Rihanna did a good job with the track. Chris could have done a better job with his vocal part though (It was way too bland in my opinion) But, I do have to agree with some people about the lyrics being too bland. Especially with the title "Princess Of China," I expected something like Viva La Vida with it's historical aspects. Then there's all the crap about it bring overproduced and too poppy (Which is true).