✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest diogo_sg
A lot of Coldplay's b sides are better than the songs on their albums. It would be funny if coldplay would play a b side concert only, a lot of people would be like what? [emoji52] i'd be like [emoji7][emoji23][emoji24]

I'd go to that concert! If it was in Portugal [emoji13]

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
Excellent point. It makes me wonder that, if the guys ever decide to do some nostalgia concerts where they only play songs from Parachutes, ARoBttH, and X&Y, how many of the fans would actually know the songs? Obviously they will still have Yellow, Clocks, The Scientist, Fix You, etc. but other "fan favorites" like Don't Panic, Shiver, Politik, Swallowed in the Sea, etc. might just have people standing around staring at their phones.

It makes me kind of sad, because most of Coldplay's best songs are ones that only the very dedicated fans like us know--especially considering their talent with b-sides.

I completely agree with you

A lot of Coldplay's b sides are better than the songs on their albums. It would be funny if coldplay would play a b side concert only, a lot of people would be like what? [emoji52] i'd be like [emoji7][emoji23][emoji24]

I know, right? I mention Coldplay and most of the time the other person says something about liking "that song Paradise" and how much of a fan they are. I tell them my favorite Coldplay song is Politik and they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's so sad... :sad:

I know, right? I mention Coldplay and most of the time the other person says something about liking "that song Paradise" and how much of a fan they are. I tell them my favorite Coldplay song is Politik and they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's so sad... :sad:

It's my favourite too :D

Most "fans" only like their radio hits. Smh.

Guest diogo_sg

I don't mean to be a mood killer but this is still the AHFOD thread. I'm just saying. [emoji4]

I don't understand why you became Coldplay fans after VLV or MX. I mean, where were you when yellow was released? I'm 22 btw.

I was 8 years old at the release of Yellow (approximately like you must have been, btw !!!!), and only got into Coldplay in 2012.

But it doesn't matter WHEN you started loving Coldplay, what matters is that you do not only know the hits but also their lesser known songs/older works/B-sides. I often play the Safety and Brothers and Sisters EPs loud at home, and sometimes I think anyone passing close to the window will probably not know what it is.

One comment on the POC discussion: Everyone who knows me here knows that I am an absolute Oldplayer, that AROBTTH and X&Y are my favourite albums and that I dislike most of the songs on MX and GS. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be so hard on POC. It sounds really "great" in the true sense of the word, and I love the slightly exotic melody it sounds with. Agree that Chris is really drowned out in this song though. While I share most of the anti-Rihanna sentiments here and don't want her in another Coldplay song, her featuring in a song doesn't necessarily mean it has to be bad. For example, Rihanna "Stay" feat. Mikky Ekko is a decent song.

To put this thread somewhat back on-topic: We've discussed what we want for the overall tone/themes/content of the songs to be, but is there a certain way of singing that you've just been dying to hear Chris try/come back to? For example, do you want more falsetto (Fix You)? More of his lower range (Yes)? Crooning (The Scientist)? Angry and loud (Twisted Logic)?

I for one would absolutely DIE if we got a song where Chris sings like he does in Yes--dark, low, sensual. I love it. I want a whole album-full :P I also think it would be interesting if we got him sounding angry, just for something different!

I'd love to hear him crooning (vintage Coldplay, yeeeeeeeah, how long must you wait for iiiit ? ) and using some falsetto (Fix you style, NOT like in True love where it was awful), mixed with the occasional anger/urgency (like in Politik or A rush of blood to the Head)

To put this thread somewhat back on-topic: We've discussed what we want for the overall tone/themes/content of the songs to be, but is there a certain way of singing that you've just been dying to hear Chris try/come back to? For example, do you want more falsetto (Fix You)? More of his lower range (Yes)? Crooning (The Scientist)? Angry and loud (Twisted Logic)?

I for one would absolutely DIE if we got a song where Chris sings like he does in Yes--dark, low, sensual. I love it. I want a whole album-full :P I also think it would be interesting if we got him sounding angry, just for something different!

I want more anger like in twisted logic.

Guest diogo_sg
And If AHFOD will be a collection of b-sides? :D only joking

Unexpected things happen all the time!! [emoji13]

Guest diogo_sg
I want more anger like in twisted logic.

I really don't think we'll get anger in this album. I think we'll get something like The Scientist, Chris's regular voice, because this album is going to be about dreams (we think) and anger isn't the best feeling to express when we talk about such thing.

I really don't think we'll get anger in this album. I think we'll get something like The Scientist, Chris's regular voice, because this album is going to be about dreams (we think) and anger isn't the best feeling to express when we talk about such thing.

You red my mind

I know we won't.

This effect will of course hugely alter their legacy and how they'll be remembered.

You're acting like the band absolutely hates its "true" fans and only wants to cater to an audience that's apparently less of a fan. Chris has repeatedly said they want to make their setlist appeal to anyone who knows one song or twenty songs. Sure, the same setlist got old after a while during MX, but this is a very common thing to do with bands this size.

I don't care if you're seeing Springsteen, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, The Who or even The Black Keys -- the vast majority of the audience will not know a good chunk of the songs being played. Why? Because people are willing to spend money to hear the one or two songs they know live. That's the reason why. Coldplay isn't alienating anyone and in no way is it going to leave a negative mark on their legacy unless you're specifically looking for one.

Was just thinking about his voice... I don't think I could handle more hooting. The vocals on true love and all of the poppy yeah yeah yeahs on Miracles literally take so much out of it for me. I miss the days when falsetto was used very sparingly and he sang mostly in mid to low registers. There was too much high pitched garbage and chanting on the last few records. Pop has way too much chanting and whoa oh ohs instead of lyrics nowadays, and Coldplay probably helped start that movement, but I am sick of Chris constantly hooting and trying to make a Sing a long on every song--Look at GS: Magic, Ink, True Love, Another's Arms, midnight ASFOS, O. All tracks have a hoot on them.........