✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not so long ago, I would write exactly the same, I would say that I trust them completely and I was sure that I would enjoy their new music no matter what.

But right now, I'm scared. I know they have their unique chemistry and I'm scared that it might be lost when Chris is living on another continent. I know there are ways how to make music even if every one of them was on a different continent, but it's not the same as a group of friends playing in one room... I'm scared that Chris will become too distant from the rest of the band, living in the US, with all the Hollywood influences around him. (I know he was married to a Hollywood actress, but he was still living in London)

I hope they'll prove me wrong, I really don't like this feeling and would love to trust in them 100% again...

Maybe LP7 will be what you wrote it will be, but I'm scared it might not be my cup of tea anymore.

Yes. I think it's the first time in their careers that I'm ready for either disappointment or to be really surprised by the next album. I like MX, but I will not like to see MX 2.0 or too much EDM songs. I want something truly unexpected like the Midnight release. Don't want EDM songs. Please... we had enough of this and I starting to get annoyed by my favorite band and one of my favorites musicians in the world.:(

Pondering....

"Ask the river: Do you feel useful, given that all you do is keep flowing in the same direction? And the river will answer: I'm not trying to be useful, I'm trying to be a river".....

The only thing that is constant is change

whether we like it or not

you guys are so deep right now, I can't even see you anymore

Both points are completely valid. Everyone here as made a good point, but I fall with Grids on this one. I think we who were fans of their earlier works haven't been as fond of GS or MX, so my argument is heavily opinionated to a different generation of listeners.

Both these albums are great, but it doesn't take much to see that they are far more pop and radio friendly than all preceding releases. Here is just a list to prove it: MX has Paradise, Charlie Brown, PoC, , Up In Flames while GS boasts Magic, Ink, True Love, Another's Arms, ASFOS. Don't get me wrong, I adore most of these tracks, but they are heavily pop oriented and very accessible. Ultimately, they really draw from top 40 radio music to certain extent, and lyrically that doesn't feel like a stretch.

I love pop music as much as anyone, and Coldplay has done it from day 1 better than almost everyone else. The issue for me is that once you start following trends as a band, it feels unoriginal and uninteresting. Look at Maroon 5, for example, who has become more of just Adam Levine striving for every pop trend available. They used to be a solid rock band.

Anyways, to quit my rant, I love MX and GS, but they don't have the staying power for me that the other albums have. I too am afraid LP7 could finally see Coldplay transform into band that writes only trend-worthy numbers, drawing inspiration from Ariana Grande rather than a fresh new indie artist (like they used to.) There is just a lot of evidence showing Chris is more keen on doing this while songwriting...

LP7

Here is my prediction on what LP7 will be like or sound like.. I was driving home today and several things came to my mind... Coldplay never fails to surprise us with the way their new material sounds like. MX was a shocker, older CP fans kept praying for a acoustic like album and they got that with GS.

Now what's next?? A lot of Coldplay fans may not like this but I'm guessing the band will come out with MX 2.0. :X The band likes to leaves clues and my guess is that they have left some interesting clues for LP7. MONTHS before MX was announced they changed their website and had an icon on the top of their website that resembled a book with MX on it... I remember we thought it resembled Mexico or a Roman numeral number.. Ok so here is why I think we are getting MX2.

- I tried to find it but didn't someone here say they say Mylo Xylotwo somewhere in the artwork?

- Chris said the next album would likely "complete a story". Many people though it meant the end of the band... No way. I immediately though the next album would be the 2nd part of a previous album. Maybe Viva 2? MX2? Final Chapter of GS? Mylo Xylotwo?

- it looks as though the the Xylobands are getting an upgrade and are going to be able to change colors now.. Those videos on Xylobands Facebook look pretty cool

- speaking of changing colors, the beginning and end of the True Love video displays lettering in changing colors...Is it leading into the next era??

I could be totally wrong but I had to post what I think may happen.. I had a long drive home today and all these ideas were going through my mind. I honestly love MX and the spray paint art theme. Heck, I even bought 2 gshocks just because Chris would wear them to concerts.. Again I could be totally wrong but I'm predicting were getting MX2... All I know if that the album is going to be BIG. Expect anthems, sing alongs, and maybe some ballads. Can't wait for LP7, MX2 or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my prediction on what LP7 will be like or sound like.. I was driving home today and several things came to my mind... Coldplay never fails to surprise us with the way their new material sounds like. MX was a shocker, older CP fans kept praying for a acoustic like album and they got that with GS.

Now what's next?? A lot of Coldplay fans may not like this but I'm guessing the band will come out with MX 2.0. :X The band likes to leaves clues and my guess is that they have left some interesting clues for LP7. MONTHS before MX was announced they changed their website and had an icon on the top of their website that resembled a book with MX on it... I remember we thought it resembled Mexico or a Roman numeral number.. Ok so here is why I think we are getting MX2.

- I tried to find it but didn't someone here say they say Mylo Xylotwo somewhere in the artwork?

- Chris said the next album would likely "complete a story". Many people though it meant the end of the band... No way. I immediately though the next album would be the 2nd part of a previous album. Maybe Viva 2? MX2? Final Chapter of GS? Mylo Xylotwo?

- it looks as though the the Xylobands are getting an upgrade and are going to be able to change colors now.. Those videos on Xylobands Facebook look pretty cool

- speaking of changing colors, the beginning and end of the True Love video displays lettering in changing colors...Is it leading into the next era??

I could be totally wrong but I had to post what I think may happen.. I had a long drive home today and all these ideas were going through my mind. I honestly love MX and the spray paint art theme. Heck, I even bought 2 gshocks just because Chris would wear them to concerts.. Again I could be totally wrong but I'm predicting were getting MX2... All I know if that the album is going to be BIG. Expect anthems, sing alongs, and maybe some ballads. Can't wait for LP7, MX2 or not!

Totally with you on this. I've seen other people mention "Mylo Xylotwo" written somewhere. Haven't seen it myself but I think it's in the Live 2012 book?

Other clues from the True Love vid (I've posted this elsewhere: Back to the Future reference (skateboard). Parachutes reference (sunset). The fact that you can hear just a tidbit of Midnight at the end. And the visual theme you already mentioned. It just doesn't fit with GS.

I'll be very surprised if LP7 isn't MX 2.0.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I would also agree with this ... it all makes sense when pieced together. MyloXylotwo was written in the excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks included in the MX Special Edition. The fact that Chris also mentioned he was back in the studio with Rihanna could be also another hint , as she was female vocalist on MX , and would make perfect sense for her to feature on MX2.

Yeah I agree with this as well...makes sense and from the things I have read or heard from Chris own mouth, seems like the best guess. I dont have a problem with this either, and saying that, I have been a fan since 1999 back when I saw them play in Mancs then Glasto, I know bands grow up and change their sound to fit the times, evolution and all that lol I'm sure loads with be unhappy if its some sort upbeat peppy MX2, but I dont care, I just want it out so I can go see them on tour a handful of times lolol

Oh and one more thing. Chris said it would be a celebratory album, or something along those lines.

2 things:

-could you tell me where/when he said this?

-what does a celebratory album mean exactly? My interpretation is that it will have songs that fit the theme of every album. What I mean to say is, there will be a song on LP7 that would fit in LP1, and another for LP2, so on and so forth. Is this what he meant? 'Cause Coldplay are known more as an album band than a singles band and I'm curious as to how that would work; it might hinder the flow of the album

MX 2.0 would be the greatest thing ever!

That would mean we might actually get Car Kids lol

not again....

Fun albums make shows 10x more fun!! Great thing about shows is that you still get to hear the old hits ;)

Fun albums = fun shows...who would've thunk it? lol

2 things:

-could you tell me where/when he said this?

-what does a celebratory album mean exactly? My interpretation is that it will have songs that fit the theme of every album. What I mean to say is, there will be a song on LP7 that would fit in LP1, and another for LP2, so on and so forth. Is this what he meant? 'Cause Coldplay are known more as an album band than a singles band and I'm curious as to how that would work; it might hinder the flow of the album

When I said "along those lines" I really did mean that. :P But I found out that I had it from the SirusXM interview. http://www.coldplaying.com/7th-coldplay-album-completion-of-story/ Two interesting quotes from that:

"some other songs started to come through towards the end of it which felt like they wanted to become a bit bigger" - BIGGER!

"life is short and you gotta grab it while you can"

LP7 will be the “competition of some kind of story” - MX is a story right? Unlike any of the other albums. And this is the quote I was thinking about actually. And I think that phrasing fits even better with MX 2.0.

"we are trying to do a thing on our next tour where by we are trying to think of ways of connecting people while they are coming to the concert" - this is really what MX was also about right. A feeling of togetherness.

And as someone else mentioned: the new Xylobands which is really and MX thing. The more I think about it the more sense it makes.

When I said "along those lines" I really did mean that. :P But I found out that I had it from the SirusXM interview. http://www.coldplaying.com/7th-coldplay-album-completion-of-story/ Two interesting quotes from that:

"some other songs started to come through towards the end of it which felt like they wanted to become a bit bigger" - BIGGER!

"life is short and you gotta grab it while you can"

LP7 will be the “competition of some kind of story” - MX is a story right? Unlike any of the other albums. And this is the quote I was thinking about actually. And I think that phrasing fits even better with MX 2.0.

"we are trying to do a thing on our next tour where by we are trying to think of ways of connecting people while they are coming to the concert" - this is really what MX was also about right. A feeling of togetherness.

And as someone else mentioned: the new Xylobands which is really and MX thing. The more I think about it the more sense it makes.

Hmm, I wouldn't say 'the completion of a story' is the same as saying the next album being 'celebratory' though.

Now that it turns out what he actually said was that it was a completion of a story, I remember reading it in the news article you just posted and him likening it to Harry Potter and what not. But what I got from that interview and others like it is that LP7 will be bigger (like MX) and not smaller (like GS). All of which makes sense in my theory that LP7 will be massive for the sake of the record companies which yielded to Chris and Co do their less flashy/commercial GS tour. In other words, LP7 will be massive to make up for not touring GS so extensively.

Again though, I don't think this necessarily means it will be 'celebratory' as you say. And concluding so after reading this article is a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. It could very well be celebratory, with it being the last album in the 7-part series, but i'm not seeing the connection from what I've read so far/

I think the surest thing we can conclude from hints so far is that LP7 will defo be big and not small. Ppl are suggesting MX 2.0, but perhaps thats accurate only in terms of how grand the era was and not necessarily in terms of how it will sound. We don't know if they'll stick with the electric drum pad. We don't know whether a collab (with Riri or anyone) is solid or if it was just an exercise/jam sess. We don't know if EDM will make a return or if it was one time thing. And simply saying LP7 will be big alone does not help in answering these questions.