✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me too. Not because I don't like MX, I think it's a fantastic album and the whole era was spectacular, but because they shouldn't repeat themselves.

I hope this is something very different from their previous output. I won't mind if it's their last album as long as it's an adequate swan song. It's very rare that a band's entire discography is quality and they end on a high note. I don't want to see Coldplay getting old and making shitty albums.

They already did something "not so good" (euphemism). I'd wait for AHFOD before saying anything else, but I think they should take a break and reset everything

Even I am getting impatient.

Last night I dreamt that all the forum users were tweeting exactly the same lines of lyrics to Anchorman in order to get a clue.

He was overwhelmed with tweets. :lol:

They really should be giving some info soon, just tot keep my sanity.

Sadly, I couldn't find the animated one. It seems to have been deleted (or hidden?); however, I did find this one!

Trapezes: [video=youtube;LU5fk8i30Lg]

[Edit] JK, I found it! It was hiding in the Timeline on their Facebook. If you ever decide you want to go and find it on your own, you're going to want to go to 2011 in their timeline and shift it to "All stories" instead of just "Highlights," and then you'll scroll (for what will feel like the rest of your life) down to the 30th of May. Enjoy!

And finally...: [video=youtube;qSWPg9DGCHw]

Oh man, nostalgia :wacky:

Me too. Not because I don't like MX, I think it's a fantastic album and the whole era was spectacular, but because they shouldn't repeat themselves.

I hope this is something very different from their previous output. I won't mind if it's their last album as long as it's an adequate swan song. It's very rare that a band's entire discography is quality and they end on a high note. I don't want to see Coldplay getting old and making shitty albums.

To be fair that ship sailed looooong ago in the eyes of most. I don't want this album to be their last, and I certainly don't want it to sound like MX, I would however like it to take in a bit of all eras and be an "adequate swan-song" as you say.

Guest diogo_sg
Sadly, I couldn't find the animated one. It seems to have been deleted (or hidden?); however, I did find this one!

Trapezes: [video=youtube;LU5fk8i30Lg]

[Edit] JK, I found it! It was hiding in the Timeline on their Facebook. If you ever decide you want to go and find it on your own, you're going to want to go to 2011 in their timeline and shift it to "All stories" instead of just "Highlights," and then you'll scroll (for what will feel like the rest of your life) down to the 30th of May. Enjoy!

And finally...: [video=youtube;qSWPg9DGCHw]

The second video isn't working [emoji30]

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg

I wish I had been around during the Viva and the MX eras. From what I'm reading, the teasings prior to the releases were insane!!!

I hope they do something like that this time!!

Guest diogo_sg
We're getting something before September 15th for sure, since they'll play some gigs after that date, hopefully with new songs.

I wish

But, if that's true, we won't get a BIG teasing [emoji24]

To be fair that ship sailed looooong ago in the eyes of most. I don't want this album to be their last, and I certainly don't want it to sound like MX, I would however like it to take in a bit of all eras and be an "adequate swan-song" as you say.

Although MX and GS didn't match the quality of Viva and A Rush of blood, there are still a number of highlights to consider in these two albums. I'm actually optimistic about LP7 simply because I think they do have a lot of time for the album. Seems like the whole GS era was just a transition period... with no proper tour and out of the limelight. I guess that explains why many here are getting impatient with the lack of news. Let's hope they come back with the hunger to be the best.

Yeah, MX and GS have their moments but it has been steadily downhill since X&Y.

Yeah, MX and GS have their moments but it has been steadily downhill since X&Y.

i never understand quotes like this to be honest. downhill since parachutes (what about a rush of blood??) or downhill since x&y... haven't people heard viva? that was the most creative era in coldplay history for me. the range and maturity of output of that era is unparalleled although a rush of blood may be the best album coldplay have produced.

i know music is subjective, but i can't understand how a coldplay fan might not admire viva for it's accomplishment.

Guest diogo_sg
Let's hope they come back with the hunger to be the best.

I think AHFOD will be unforgettable. In a good way, of course.

I had a dream last night that the album was musically centered around a banjo. A banjo. Oh no. An album full of banjo nightmares. :shocked2:

Hahaha!! Let's hope that's not true!!

i never understand quotes like this to be honest. downhill since parachutes (what about a rush of blood??) or downhill since x&y... haven't people heard viva? that was the most creative era in coldplay history for me. the range and maturity of output of that era is unparalleled although a rush of blood may be the best album coldplay have produced.

i know music is subjective, but i can't understand how a coldplay fan might not admire viva for it's accomplishment.

I agree with you! VLVODAAHF is the pinnacle of Coldplay's creativity (to this day). MX is a very creative and experimental album as well, but it feels "small" when compared to Viva. If they ever surpass Viva's creativity, I will be extremely happy.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I agree soooo much to this.

This era was so refreshing. They kinda did exactly what I wasn't expecting, and that's brilliant. I hope they'll do that again with AHFOD

Like you said it's subjective. I'm probably more hardcore Oldplayer than some but yes, I have said on the forum before that VLV was perhaps Coldplay's most creative period but creativity and quality aren't always necessarily correlated.

VLV is a great album but in comparison to the trilogy it lacks the same soul. Too much emphasis on being special and different and not enough emphasis on creating powerful and emotional rock music like before. This only intensifies on MX and GS in my honest opinion. Probably a lot of it has to do with production as well. After X&Y the albums weren't being produced like rock albums and more like easily accessible mainstream radio music.

I just want to give a small disclaimer and say I still adore VLV and I am very fond of MX. Just because I say "downhill" I don't mean bad or deficient in value. Just not as dazzlingly amazing as Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y.

Both videos coming right up!

Studiofeed #1: [video=youtube;1zTqklX4p40]

Xylophone video: [video=youtube;pwTS2RKPHN8]

Enjoy! ^_^

Ah that pink video tease was one of my favorite teases of all time! I thought MX was going to be very Radiohead like (as in taking the viva experimentation further, into strange pop grounds) after watching that too... But I don't understand why there's been nothing shared. I mean the album doesn't have to be done for them to share a little something every now and then... I miss those updates we used to get, so so much, if anything they gave us a sense of progress and real content to speculate on.

Guest diogo_sg
Ah that pink video tease was one of my favorite teases of all time! I thought MX was going to be very Radiohead like (as in taking the viva experimentation further, into strange pop grounds) after watching that too... But I don't understand why there's been nothing shared, I mean the album doesn't have to be done for them to share a little something... I miss those updates we used to get so so much, if anything they gave us a sense of progress and real content to speculate on.

They're probably trying to do something different. Instead of teasing us, maybe they'll just drop something with no warning whatsoever. I hope they don't do it that way, but it seems to be what's happening tbh

Like you said it's subjective. I'm probably more hardcore Oldplayer than some but yes, I have said on the forum before that VLV was perhaps Coldplay's most creative period but creativity and quality aren't always necessarily correlated.

VLV is a great album but in comparison to the trilogy it lacks the same soul. Too much emphasis on being special and different and not enough emphasis on creating powerful and emotional rock music like before. This only intensifies on MX and GS in my honest opinion. Probably a lot of it has to do with production as well. After X&Y the albums weren't being produced like rock albums and more like easily accessible mainstream radio music.

I just want to give a small disclaimer and say I still adore VLV and I am very fond of MX. Just because I say "downhill" I don't mean bad or deficient in value. Just not as dazzlingly amazing as Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y.

ah, well, music is subjective. for me, viva is where the whole band got to shine through, which is not the case in their earlier work. but i somewhat see your point. not regarding x&y. i wasn't a hardcore fan back then, but chronologically, when you reach the point of x&y, i would have been desperate for a change. i'm sure a lot of people would disagree, but for me x&y was them trying to redo a rush of blood and fit it into a stadium sound. didn't quite work.

anyway, back to lp7, i would really like it if the band teased this release well before the album or a single came out since GS was a low key affair. it would be great to get the more casual fans excited as well instead of just us here in the forums.

Guest diogo_sg
anyway, back to lp7, i would really like it if the band teased this release well before the album or a single came out since GS was a low key affair. it would be great to get the more casual fans excited as well instead of just us here in the forums.

That's true. As it was said here before, this album isn't getting much buzz outside the fandom.

ah, well, music is subjective. for me, viva is where the whole band got to shine through, which is not the case in their earlier work. but i somewhat see your point. not regarding x&y. i wasn't a hardcore fan back then, but chronologically, when you reach the point of x&y, i would have been desperate for a change. i'm sure a lot of people would disagree, but for me x&y was them trying to redo a rush of blood and fit it into a stadium sound. didn't quite work.

I agree and disagree I suppose. I'm not really expressing my point well but what I'm basically trying to say is that while VLV is a very creative record, for me it somewhat lost the intimacy and shyness of the other records. Whereas VLV will get an arena rocking, AROBTTH will do it without all the bells and whistles.

Anyway, despite my reactionary Oldplayer streak, I'm still as excited as anybody for LP7.

If memory serves me right, right before Ghost Stories came out there was scavenger hunt for the lyric sheets of all the songs in the shape of the ASFOS stars placed in libraries around the world. I think that was the most unique tease Coldplay has ever done. If Coldplay is going to tease us, it's going to be different, unique, and unexpected.