✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Note that each of these songs were lead singles for new eras. Didn't anchorman recently post about Midnight too? Or was that just Coldplaying.

Regardless, if Coldplay tweets/Facebook posts Speed of Sound next, that would seem to suggest they are counting down their lead singles throughout the years. If that was followed by In My Place and then Shiver, one would surmise that would be the perfect time to post a new lead single :)

Agree!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note that each of these songs were lead singles for new eras. Didn't anchorman recently post about Midnight too? Or was that just Coldplaying.

Regardless, if Coldplay tweets/Facebook posts Speed of Sound next, that would seem to suggest they are counting down their lead singles throughout the years. If that was followed by In My Place and then Shiver, one would surmise that would be the perfect time to post a new lead single :)

Then why didn't Magic show up?

Then why didn't Magic show up?

Thats what I was thinking. Not too sure about this theory. It does seem very plausible at the moment, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Although if they post Speed Of Sound next, that will make it a lot more believable.

Either Anchorman is actually trying to drop hints or he is just bored with lack of activity like us, so he is posting whatever songs he wants, to see what the fandom's reaction will be lol. "hmmmm, I wonder what theories they will come up with if I post this. Lets find out." Haha. Although the more I think about it, he could have posted any songs and he picked the first singles of the last 2 albums (excluding Ghost Stories). Either way, the speculating is fun. I hope Jonny and the cake is right.

I believe we're reading a pattern here where there is none. We've go to stay patient at least till the next lyrics post...in mathematics, you can't determine a pattern in rows if you have only 2 numbers, you need to have et least three :)

Yeah, I think we will know for sure if and when he posts the next lyric/video. Just gotta be patient [emoji16]. Although watch, we are all looking and waiting for a pattern and they will just drop the single out of nowhere. *wishful thinking*

Another detail from the GS era worth noting was how they even changed their Facebook page to start reflecting the new record. First it was the cover photo and profile photo, then came Midnight (which was released at midnight in Ulan Bator, I think). Their website changed with Midnight, though only to an intermediate stage to show off Midnight. If I remember correctly, everything else changed with the release of Magic.

So, I guess that unless they pull a Radiohead (see what I did there?) and just drop an album out of nowhere, we'll know for sure when the record is coming by how things start changing either on their social media pages or on their website (or both).

Another detail from the GS era worth noting was how they even changed their Facebook page to start reflecting the new record. First it was the cover photo and profile photo, then came Midnight (which was released at midnight in Ulan Bator, I think). Their website changed with Midnight, though only to an intermediate stage to show off Midnight. If I remember correctly, everything else changed with the release of Magic.

So, I guess that unless they pull a Radiohead (see what I did there?) and just drop an album out of nowhere, we'll know for sure when the record is coming by how things start changing either on their social media pages or on their website (or both).

And MX, too. If I remember correctly, the first real sign we saw of the era ahead (besides the YouTube clips of ETIAW) was this image. I'm 90% sure it popped on iTunes out of the blue one day, and shortly thereafter, ETIAW was released.

this[/url] image. I'm 90% sure it popped on iTunes out of the blue one day, and shortly thereafter, ETIAW was released.

Yes! I remember that appearing on their iTunes page. Of course, I also remember them tweeting/Facebooking gifs of some of the lines from ETIAW where each letter would flash by very quickly, making it difficult, but not impossible, to put together each word. Though I don't recall if we got photos from their photoshoot first or the first single, but it was fun either way! I remember the song title reveal came from the animated video that gave us the last line or two of the bridge to the chorus and played the sub-bass synth for the track while it played. Very exciting times, they were!

Yes! I remember that appearing on their iTunes page. Of course, I also remember them tweeting/Facebooking gifs of some of the lines from ETIAW where each letter would flash by very quickly, making it difficult, but not impossible, to put together each word. Though I don't recall if we got photos from their photoshoot first or the first single, but it was fun either way! I remember the song title reveal came from the animated video that gave us the last line or two of the bridge to the chorus and played the sub-bass synth for the track while it played. Very exciting times, they were!

I can't remember either. I feel like it showed up when the videos were being released, because a lot of us went, "What the fuck?" with the clothes they wore. Remember the initial reaction to ETIAW? Newer fans have no idea the amount of backlash that song received. Just insane.

You know, everything about the buildup to MX was just insanely fun. I'm honestly not sure if they can ever top it in that regard, personally. The studio video we had in late-2010 was awesome (I'm pretty sure the bass in ETIAW showed up in that backwards, too!) and all the teasing for ETIAW + festivals is just out of this world. Here's to hoping we get some of that this time!

I can't remember either. I feel like it showed up when the videos were being released, because a lot of us went, "What the fuck?" with the clothes they wore. Remember the initial reaction to ETIAW? Newer fans have no idea the amount of backlash that song received. Just insane.

You know, everything about the buildup to MX was just insanely fun. I'm honestly not sure if they can ever top it in that regard, personally. The studio video we had in late-2010 was awesome (I'm pretty sure the bass in ETIAW showed up in that backwards, too!) and all the teasing for ETIAW + festivals is just out of this world. Here's to hoping we get some of that this time!

I think that's right. They didn't explicitly reveal the album title, though we did get "MX" out of it, as well as a couple of song titles. So, it would make sense for them to be out around the time of the ETIAW videos. I also remember the backlash very well. Older fans were LIVID (though not all). Newer fans enjoyed it. I've been a fan since the days of X&Y, and I thought it was a pretty nice tune. Different (for Coldplay), but also festive (as it was intended to be).

You're totally right. The whole buildup to the album was brilliant. The clues, the website, the Hyponfeed and the Studiofeed #1 (I'm still sad there weren't more studiofeeds, because that was AMAZING), and getting new tracks during the festivals. It was all really, really fun (though I don't want them to play that many new tracks again from an unreleased record for a very long time). I think the buildup to Viva la Vida was just as fun, particularly because of the Prospekt journal entries and the interactive website they released that had little games you could play to help reveal all of the artwork for the record. GOSH, that was so cool! I miss those days!

I hope we get another album release experience like those again sometime in the near future.

I think that's right. They didn't explicitly reveal the album title, though we did get "MX" out of it, as well as a couple of song titles. So, it would make sense for them to be out around the time of the ETIAW videos. I also remember the backlash very well. Older fans were LIVID (though not all). Newer fans enjoyed it. I've been a fan since the days of X&Y, and I thought it was a pretty nice tune. Different (for Coldplay), but also festive (as it was intended to be).

You're totally right. The whole buildup to the album was brilliant. The clues, the website, the Hyponfeed and the Studiofeed #1 (I'm still sad there weren't more studiofeeds, because that was AMAZING), and getting new tracks during the festivals. It was all really, really fun (though I don't want them to play that many new tracks again from an unreleased record for a very long time). I think the buildup to Viva la Vida was just as fun, particularly because of the Prospekt journal entries and the interactive website they released that had little games you could play to help reveal all of the artwork for the record. GOSH, that was so cool! I miss those days!

I hope we get another album release experience like those again sometime in the near future.

And the irony of it was we completely overlooked MX for the longest time! The Oracle even shut us down on it meaning 'October 10' forever. I remember when all the icons on the redesigned website finally made sense. It was like one big lightbulb turning on. What a moment.

Ahh, that sounds so fun! I became a fan the day Viva released, so I had to miss out on that. How long did it take before the album cover was revealed? I vaguely remember seeing four gifs of each of them doing sign language that read 'VIVA' or something like that. Fun Coldplay is the best Coldplay.

Me too, man. Me too. I have a good feeling we're gonna get it this time around.

And the irony of it was we completely overlooked MX for the longest time! The Oracle even shut us down on it meaning 'October 10' forever. I remember when all the icons on the redesigned website finally made sense. It was like one big lightbulb turning on. What a moment.

Ahh, that sounds so fun! I became a fan the day Viva released, so I had to miss out on that. How long did it take before the album cover was revealed? I vaguely remember seeing four gifs of each of them doing sign language that read 'VIVA' or something like that. Fun Coldplay is the best Coldplay.

Me too, man. Me too. I have a good feeling we're gonna get it this time around.

It always seemed important to me, interestingly. I wasn't sure what it could possibly mean (though the October 10 argument was fairly compelling into the Oracle shut it down), but it was intriguing. I was fully convinced, however, that it had to do with the album title when the first video came out of "Princess of China" being performed live. In the artwork that was scrolling by on the big screen behind the band (which happened to be the whole big painting from which the album cover art would be taken - Doh!) as they performed the song, one of the panels from the artwork had "Mylo Xylobrites" painted on it, and I immediately knew that it was significant. I mean, most of the title was given to us right there! Take off the "brites" and add on "to" and you have "Mylo Xyloto," the album title! Sadly, some people scoffed at my Xylobrites suggestion. :P You're so right about the icons making sense. Everything just clicked, and it all made sense. What a moment that was!

It took between two and three weeks, if I remember correctly, for the art to be revealed. Interestingly, it was more than just the cover art that was being revealed on the Viva website. It was also all of the album artwork that you can find inside the sleeve. There was this one grand painting that had ALL of the album's lyrics painted onto it around and inside this massive smearing of paint. It was so cool! Those were the best of times.

Perhaps we will, but we'll see. If they just drop the album on us and that's it, then it may not be quite the experience that we've enjoyed for the past three records. I know they won't let us down, though, even if we don't get quite the interactive experience this time around. The Ghost Stories unveiling wasn't really all that interactive, but I think that matches the overall aura of the album, though--sombre, simple, and personal. Perhaps the reveal for AHFOD will be the opposite!

It always seemed important to me, interestingly. I wasn't sure what it could possibly mean (though the October 10 argument was fairly compelling into the Oracle shut it down), but it was intriguing. I was fully convinced, however, that it had to do with the album title when the first video came out of "Princess of China" being performed live. In the artwork that was scrolling by on the big screen behind the band (which happened to be the whole big painting from which the album cover art would be taken - Doh!) as they performed the song, one of the panels from the artwork had "Mylo Xylobrites" painted on it, and I immediately knew that it was significant. I mean, most of the title was given to us right there! Take off the "brites" and add on "to" and you have "Mylo Xyloto," the album title! Sadly, some people scoffed at my Xylobrites suggestion. :P You're so right about the icons making sense. Everything just clicked, and it all made sense. What a moment that was!

It took between two and three weeks, if I remember correctly, for the art to be revealed. Interestingly, it was more than just the cover art that was being revealed on the Viva website. It was also all of the album artwork that you can find inside the sleeve. There was this one grand painting that had ALL of the album's lyrics painted onto it around and inside this massive smearing of paint. It was so cool! Those were the best of times.

Perhaps we will, but we'll see. If they just drop the album on us and that's it, then it may not be quite the experience that we've enjoyed for the past three records. I know they won't let us down, though, even if we don't get quite the interactive experience this time around. The Ghost Stories unveiling wasn't really all that interactive, but I think that matches the overall aura of the album, though--sombre, simple, and personal. Perhaps the reveal for AHFOD will be the opposite!

Wow, I totally forgot about that. Maybe it was just me, but didn't it take a little while before people really started paying attention to the image(s) on the screen? I still find it hard to believe only one person managed to capture a recording of the "original" Princess of China, though. I loved that recording to death. I played it more than any one track premiered during the festival run, despite it's low quality and blaring bass. Now that you mention it, I remember the 'Mylo Xylobrites' thing being discussed, but it just seemed so out there I almost didn't want to think it would be anything.

What a neat way to tease the album. Their originality with this sort of stuff is just incredible. Even though Ghost Stories was a pretty nonchalant, I really, really enjoyed the use of three simple gifs. It was complimentary to the era as a whole like you said. I've said since the beginning when they redesigned their website a few months ago that it is somehow going to relate to the design of the era as a whole. It's just too interactive and too fleshed out to be made as a temporary thing. My real wish for AHFOD is that they go back to having fun, colorful loud -- just in a more 'mature' sense than we saw in Mylo Xyloto. I know they're capable of it.

Does anyone have a link to that video along with the studio one getithom was talking about? I don't know if the studio one is the clip on youtube where they were playing a xylophone but I would love to see the animated one!!

Does anyone have a link to that video along with the studio one getithom was talking about? I don't know if the studio one is the clip on youtube where they were playing a xylophone but I would love to see the animated one!!

Both videos coming right up!

Studiofeed #1: [video=youtube;1zTqklX4p40]

Xylophone video: [video=youtube;pwTS2RKPHN8]

Enjoy! ^_^

Oh, and as for the animated one, those were part of a group of videos Coldplay shared which were made private to only select users (ones who checked the video through the link they provided). I'll go and see if I can find them or if they still even exist.

Sadly, I couldn't find the animated one. It seems to have been deleted (or hidden?); however, I did find this one!

Trapezes: [video=youtube;LU5fk8i30Lg]

[Edit] JK, I found it! It was hiding in the Timeline on their Facebook. If you ever decide you want to go and find it on your own, you're going to want to go to 2011 in their timeline and shift it to "All stories" instead of just "Highlights," and then you'll scroll (for what will feel like the rest of your life) down to the 30th of May. Enjoy!

And finally...: [video=youtube;qSWPg9DGCHw]

I hope they won't do anything like MX

Me too. Not because I don't like MX, I think it's a fantastic album and the whole era was spectacular, but because they shouldn't repeat themselves.

I hope this is something very different from their previous output. I won't mind if it's their last album as long as it's an adequate swan song. It's very rare that a band's entire discography is quality and they end on a high note. I don't want to see Coldplay getting old and making shitty albums.