LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
I thought we could go the whole day without bumping the thread....

But now that it's bumped, I guess I should say that tmr is another one of those higher possibility days. Like I said, from experience, I recall the band teasing something and saying wait for something on Monday. By no means am I saying it will happen, so don't go wasting your Friday away.

It's Friday here in Portugal!! I'm getting excited (maybe for nothing) [emoji4]

Get ready for Monday! [emoji2][emoji106]

Oh, I'm ready since I was born [emoji1]

"I live to see the world"

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Yet another Monday lol :lol: I'm starting to get the feeling that we won't hear something until September. I'm not completely giving up hope on August but time is running out for this month.

I still have hope. Every Monday is a day closer to hearing something new. [emoji2]

Yeah, MX and GS have their moments but it has been steadily downhill since X&Y.

I agree and disagree I suppose. I'm not really expressing my point well but what I'm basically trying to say is that while VLV is a very creative record, for me it somewhat lost the intimacy and shyness of the other records. Whereas VLV will get an arena rocking, AROBTTH will do it without all the bells and whistles.

Anyway, despite my reactionary Oldplayer streak, I'm still as excited as anybody for LP7.

#

Like you said it's subjective. I'm probably more hardcore Oldplayer than some but yes, I have said on the forum before that VLV was perhaps Coldplay's most creative period but creativity and quality aren't always necessarily correlated.

VLV is a great album but in comparison to the trilogy it lacks the same soul. Too much emphasis on being special and different and not enough emphasis on creating powerful and emotional rock music like before. This only intensifies on MX and GS in my honest opinion. Probably a lot of it has to do with production as well. After X&Y the albums weren't being produced like rock albums and more like easily accessible mainstream radio music.

I just want to give a small disclaimer and say I still adore VLV and I am very fond of MX. Just because I say "downhill" I don't mean bad or deficient in value. Just not as dazzlingly amazing as Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y.

I can't express how much I agree with all 3 comments by The Adversary. Oldplay 4ever !!

Huh?!

Chris was spotted at a silent dance party event, were people wear headphones and dance.. Just made me wonder if they all had the same playlist or if everyone brought their own playlist to dance to.. cause if so he mighta been dancing to AHFOD songs!!

Chris was spotted at a silent dance party event, were people wear headphones and dance.. Just made me wonder if they all had the same playlist or if everyone brought their own playlist to dance to.. cause if so he mighta been dancing to AHFOD songs!!

I seriously doubt that. He was probably listening to miley cyrus and ariana grande. [emoji52][emoji53][emoji23]

That must be so weird to watch if you're not part of it. [emoji23]

[smoke is rising from the houses]

In some cases I think this might be a reasonable theory. Maybe he was testing out to see if you could dance to it or "shuffle your feet to" it. Just seeing if the songs needed something extra. It's the perfect opportunity, he can dance in a place people are dancing, play the music nice and loud, feel the music, yet no one hears any new material.

Just a thought though

I don't know if I would call myself an Oldplayer because I don't at all like X&Y and Viva is my favourite Coldplay era - however I will say that I love 3 out of their first 4 albums but find 3 out of their last four mediocre.

As for news, I'm pretty confident that the iHeart festival is gonna be the day...(That they're gonna throw a song to us)

As for news, I'm pretty confident that the iHeart festival is gonna be the day...(That they're gonna throw a song to us)

They MIGHT preview a song at the festival. But until then we shouldn't expect anything. I don't understand where people get the idea from that the album is about to be released!

If I remember correctly previewing songs at live events started prior to releasing VLV. They played Chinese Sleep Chant and a couple of other songs and I was going mental with excitement. It definitely felt like a new chapter in their career.

Guest diogo_sg
Chris was spotted at a silent dance party event

Oh, sweet irony.

were people wear headphones and dance.. Just made me wonder if they all had the same playlist or if everyone brought their own playlist to dance to.. cause if so he mighta been dancing to AHFOD songs!!

Haha!! [emoji2]

Guest diogo_sg

Still no singles

Still no album

Still no artwork

Still no news

Still no nothing

I'm going back to bed