✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest diogo_sg
Two self-standing 42 minute albums within a double album? :D

After AHFOD is out (and toured), they could very well release a double album - GS and AHFOD - since the latter is the day to the former.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the quotes I finished yesterday that I put off and finally got around to posting...

First off: Here's my lead single's rankings :)

1) In My Place

2) Speed of Sound

3) ETIAW

4) Shiver

5) Violet Hill

6) Magic

diogo_sg, your 2 quote's are in red.

postcards, your quote's in blue.

outerspace & Nie, your quote's are in gold.

howyousawtheworld, your quote's in green.

42Escapist, your quote's in magenta.

Sparky, your quote's in orange.

prco1994, your quote's in purple.

jer123, your 2 quote's are in turqouise.

beastwars, your 2 quote's are in purplish-grey.

gacbrandao, your quote's in pink.

ov3la, your 2 quote's are in light-blue.

The Adversary, your quote's are in dark purple.

After AHFOD is out (and toured)' date=' they could very well release a double album - GS and AHFOD - since the latter is the day to the former.[/quote']

You literally said my exact thoughts when I read the comment you replied to :p

What? :shocked2::stunned:
In a good way?

I'm pretty sure @The Adversary is thinking an EDM-style bass drop, hence his reaction. He despises EDM as far as I know... but @ov3la confirmed that by "bass drop" @Saket means that there's a few bass solos in the song.

IMO, I enjoy EDM. Not as much as alt-rock, Coldplay-style pop or Coldplay itself, but ASFOS (IMO) proved the experimentation that Coldplay were doing, and it further cemented the fact that Coldplay can put anything they touch to it's full potential. Yes, ASFOS is EDM, but just like with pop it is much different than a lot of other EDM songs, and it is much deeper. And, thus, it's much, much better. ASFOS is my favorite EDM song... many songs on the radio today are EDM-ish or they actually are EDM themself and they don't have nearly as deep a meaning, nor do they sound quite as good as ASFOS... I really do enjoy ASFOS yet it doesn't fit in GS at all. Yes, it has a GS twist to it but they should have released it as a B-Side in my opinion, just because it's simply not a good fit for GS.

Just got an email saying it's coming on the 21st. A delay in shipping! On the good side' date=' it's the day Marty got it!!! :laugh4:[/quote']

xD that is so cool... coincidence? I think not :P

In the 'MX' era they used the "Back to the Future" theme to begin the concerts.

The October 21, 2015, Marty McFly and Doc Brown traveled from past to future in the DeLorean.

October 21 is the next week!

Coincidence? :laugh3:

I saw this one a few times today.

14lm1jb.png

Have a look at that colourful hat. :-D

Hmm... good thoughts guys! You might have a serious point here! :D

This'll be interesting to see if it holds true...

Wow - U2's songs sound the same?

Could you imagine the chorus of laughter if someone actually came out and said that Achtung Baby sounds just like The Joshua Tree or War sounds just like Zooropa or Pop? U2 have shown more creativity in one album than Coldplay have done in a career. Can't help but think you haven't listened to them much.

Lol keep dreaming... Coldplay is much more creative, although U2 is more than magnificent as well.

I know this was a day ago, but thank you very much, Saket! Your insight is very much appreciated. :)

Ahh, so a pop rock song with a big chorus, electronic drums, and a piano hook. That doesn't sound too much like Oldplay to me, but I'm going to wait until I actually hear the song before I begin to compare it with Miracles. Even my initial reaction to the song will probably differ from how I feel about it one year from now. I may despise it and have it grow on me, or I may love it and then get bored of it. Time will tell.

He said "mechanical" drums, that could mean anything you know...

Same thing happened a month or two ago' date=' along with a radio DJ saying Coldplay's next single will be released on Monday. Don't get your hopes up. If it happens, great! :) Until then, it could be on any weekday until the end of the year.[/quote']

Yeah, but that was a radio DJ. Coldplay Atlas is a very reliable source and the site from there other people say it's trustable as well so I don't want to get my hopes too high but they did say that the album is complete and the single will be coming in a few days... which would make sense this time around. :)

So if all goes well' date=' Monday will look like this: New Coldplay song, new Star Wars trailer, Justin Trudeau becomes Canadian prime minister. That would be a day to remember![/quote']

That would be an Amazing Day... :D

[ATTACH]32528[/ATTACH]

From ColdplayAtlas.New single coming out in a few days.Probably true!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

See? My feelings about the band releasing something are actually accurate. I've had this feeling since yesterday.

Is it finally going to be THIS Monday that we get to hear something new? :D :D :D

Meanwhile, the best news of all, the album they say is already completed!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Best news yet!!!

I in fact just had a dream last night about someone posting a tracklist right here on the forums when AHFOD was released... it was interactive and everything so you could click on a track and hear it.

Looks like I have psychic dreams xD

What kind of pop song with non-edmish style and a bass drop o.O

Paraaa Paraaaaaa ParaDise

Lead singles:

1) Speed Of Sound

2) Violet Hill

3) Shiver

4) In My Place

5) Magic

6) ETIAW

XD

If you're going to go as far as to post a list, I may as well too. (That's at the top of the post right now BTW). :D

Our fears becoming reality... thanks anyway

Please don't get your hopes down... @Saket mentioned himself that he didn't quite word it properly:

Umm wow - didn't want to squash people's hopes or anything. I think someone rightly mentioned that if closest I could think of the song was miracles doesn't mean that it's super similar. In fact' date=' I thought the single (I might know what it's called actually) was better than miracles. It was a solid pop rock song with bass drops + one surprise element (can't confirm that right now). It is nothing like amazing day. And guys, relax - as Jonny said it might come soon.[/quote']

And by "bass drops" I don't think he means EDM. Like, come on. He said it was a pop rock song before he even freaking said that... people need to pay more attention and don't immedialely get all depressed when they see "bass drops" either. They should consider re-reading his post and mentioning that it is a pop rock song, not EDM.

For me viva la vida doesn't represent the album at all hahahah

I mean, the album is so much better than viva, viva is just a song meant to be radio friendly for me, its a good song but just that, the album have so much more elements and styles that viva does not quite show.. so for me it doesn't represent... haha

I do agree in a way. I agree on your claim that VLV does not represent it's album very well. Viva la Vida is quite a bit experimental as it doesn't use the standard drums and it uses the bell as well, but they went way beyond VLV's experimentation itself in the actual album.

I disagree in the way in how you say that VLV is just meant to be radio-friendly. Sure, it is the most radio-friendly song of the album, you're right on that, (although, as @gentleparachute mentioned, Violet Hill comes close) however VLV is the 2nd best song Coldplay has made IMO... they absolutely nailed that song. Beautiful melody, and it deserves to be called wayyyy more than just a "good" song. There are no words to describe it... I could call it an absolutely gorgous magnificent masterpiece and that's starting to get there, but not quite. Viva is much, much more than just a "good" song.

I think he meant that guy has a few bass solos in the song.

Well, woohooo!!!! For all of you who were waiting so long... here you have it!:D

I honestly feel bad for everyone who's been waiting for this moment for so long because who knows how long they'll have to wait until they hear the new single.

Wait... you got to hear the new song right?? You're sure talking like it.

What? :shocked2::stunned:

LOLLLLLLLLL that could mean anything man... they say it like an EDM somg but then again it could mean something completely different... @ov3la reassured everyone that this song is NOT an EDM song:

The song isn't in the style of EDM.

Just look, someone said during ASFOS that it would be the next Yellow... it turned into an EDM song. Things can go the other way too so don't be scared.

Also, here's my thoughts on the album length...

First of all, Quality > Quantity.. I'd much rather AHFOD have 7 songs which are all current top-5 quality songs of Coldplay than have an album that's 14 songs that are pretty good, but not great, like most GS songs.

But I think that I'd be good with an 11 or 12 song album. More than most Coldplay albums (10 Parachutes, 11 AROBTTH. 13 X&Y, 10 VLVODAAHF, 11 MX, and a measly 9 GS), but we need a little length don't we? :D

In all honesty it's hard to believe a band like Coldplay only has 9 quality songs after spending that long working on it..

It's not even that, more so their reluctance to put all their quality work on the album. Imagine GS if the Target exclusives were placed on the album's regular release. It would have been a MUCH stronger album imo.

The "42 minute" rule is a stupid self regulation that doesn't make any sense when you think about it. Would an author have a "300 page" rule when they start out on writing a novel? Of course not as the story might not be expressed properly in that amount of pages. An album is the exact same. Artistic restrictions only hamper creativity.

It's not even that, more so their reluctance to put all their quality work on the album. Imagine GS if the Target exclusives were placed on the album's regular release. It would have been a MUCH stronger album imo.

The "42 minute" rule is a stupid self regulation that doesn't make any sense when you think about it. Would an author have a "300 page" rule when they start out on writing a novel? Of course not as the story might not be expressed properly in that amount of pages. An album is the exact same. Artistic restrictions only hamper creativity.

:nod:

I like it. But it resembles the MX one far too much.

Maybe, but after seeing the pictures from the video shoot it seems like paint could play a important role on this era. Imagine a cover just with paint, with no letters.

They have a bunch of other rules too. The list has like 14 or 15 rules. [emoji53]

Guest diogo_sg
Maybe, but after seeing the pictures from the video shoot it seems like paint could play a important role on this era. Imagine a cover just with paint, with no letters.

Oohh, that would look so amazing! Still, I think the cover will be related to Indian culture. A Mandala would be very nice.

Guest diogo_sg
They have a bunch of other rules too. The list has like 14 or 15 rules. [emoji53]

What list? Am I missing something? [emoji46]

Oohh, that would look so amazing! Still, I think the cover will be related to Indian culture. A Mandala would be very nice.

Yeah, that would be cool too. Or something like this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32533[/ATTACH]

Guest howyousawtheworld

That 42 minute rule is beyond stupidity. Imagine if A Rush Of Blood To The Head was cut from 55 minutes to 42 minutes? I think it's a commerical gimmick to keep their manager and their record company happy. 'YER YOUNG PEOPLE DON'T LIKE LISTENING TO LONG SONGS LET ALONE LONG ALBUMS'.

What a load of shit.

Guest diogo_sg
Yeah, that would be cool too. Or something like this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32533[/ATTACH]

I like the fanmade MX one better. This one looks like spray paint or watercolor - MX.

When I think of AHFOD, I think of clouds or fog or colourful powder. The other one would fit better.