✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well deserved for Noel Gallagher, great record Chasing Yesterday.

I hope Coldplay is able to put out something in similar quality.

Oh god, I'm still listening to CY to this day. I'm a sucker for Noel Gallagher no matter how many different versions of Wonderwall he releases.

Re: Coldplay's tweet about Usher. Makes me think if we should keep an eye on Tidal for some news. Clearly, the band haven't forgotten about this project, though most of us have

Please read this reminder everyone about posting in the correct forum[/url]. Thanks :)

I think it's easier to name "LP7 - A Head Full of Dreams" thread with new name "LP6,5 - General frustration and grief of album which never saw the light of day" :D

Ok, i'm not contributing to general discussion in this thread anymore. :)

Oh god, I'm still listening to CY to this day. I'm a sucker for Noel Gallagher no matter how many different versions of Wonderwall he releases.

Re: Coldplay's tweet about Usher. Makes me think if we should keep an eye on Tidal for some news. Clearly, the band haven't forgotten about this project, though most of us have

Good idea. I hope they are not the 'Target' of 'A Head Full Of Dreams'. Exclusive deals just exclude fans, who may download the material by other means.

Because its actually fitting in here too, i really do hope they put out something of quality and dept. Not just only random poppy tunes, which have easily could have been

written by RiRi´s ghostwriters. Thats really my biggest concern for AHFOD.

And like already stated in another thread, there some really good avices/concerns by other members as well:

"Chris should hang around with his buddy Noel more often than Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran etc. Great thing to see."

"He needs to share a house with Noel, Simon Pegg, Ricky Gervais, Tim Wheeler & Danny McNamara"

"That whole Hollywood influence wasnt good for him, neither for his lyrics and 80% of the most recent Coldplay songs."

"Chris, when you decide to make great music again instead of songs for teenagers, you will be able to win awards instead of giving them to others who are really making it right now."

In my opinion, there is a lot of truth in them.

Personally, i know that the new songs will be really good live songs.

When the band is on stage, they definitely are among the absolut top class acts around. Even songs i dont like on a record, i do really appreciate live.

And i saw them live for each era.

Best examples are Charlie Brown, Princess of China,Major Minus and Hurts like Heaven. To be honest, i dont like them on the record, for their production, but especially CB,MM and HLH are so energetic on stage that i totally forget about my dislike as they are on the album.

So it was for most of the GS-songs, Midnight and Anothers Arms (yes, i do like it) are really,really good live tunes.

Probably the only song i will never do like is True Love, neither on stage or on the record. Horrible.

My dream is Chris getting influences on grizzly bear *----* woow. It would be something new and awsome. Or influences once again in radiohead but on "In rainbows" and " the King of limbs"

But on grizzly bear would be my dream, just listen to fine for now, yet again and southern point. Those guys are bloody genius

Hey guys just want to share something that is not commmpletly of topic. So Im from Brazil and here there is a new band call Cambriana which the vocalist has a side project called Ara Macao. So I just want to say that if Chris Martin want to do something that is dancy, kind Edm at least make something new and criative, original that could get your attention. Not that SFOS is a bad song, its good but it doesn't have anything new to offer. So Like most of you here guys IM NOT A FAN OF EDM....buuuuut, check this thing out.. its fucking amazing, that is something that you should inspire, its dancy, so much well produced, catch but still different and creative/original.

I wish chris Martin did something like that if he wants to do some edm on coldplay name again.

I think we should stop guessing what its gonna sound like and when its gonna be released because we have no control over that. Its their decision when THEY want to release THEIR material. Trying to guess based on 3rd party sources will only increase anxiety.

What we do know is that they are going to release something soon. And that the album will be out before the end of this year (this coming from fans who met Coldplay members and album currators at the Bakery)

Because its actually fitting in here too, i really do hope they put out something of quality and dept. Not just only random poppy tunes, which have easily could have been

written by RiRi´s ghostwriters. Thats really my biggest concern for AHFOD.

And like already stated in another thread, there some really good avices/concerns by other members as well:

"Chris should hang around with his buddy Noel more often than Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran etc. Great thing to see."

"He needs to share a house with Noel, Simon Pegg, Ricky Gervais, Tim Wheeler & Danny McNamara"

"That whole Hollywood influence wasnt good for him, neither for his lyrics and 80% of the most recent Coldplay songs."

"Chris, when you decide to make great music again instead of songs for teenagers, you will be able to win awards instead of giving them to others who are really making it right now."

In my opinion, there is a lot of truth in them.

If he does sway back towards his original influences, we probably won't see it until LP8 :P

Most of the album may have been written last year, when he frequently mentioned Ariania Grande, Justin Beiber and One Direction :laugh3: Seriously though, there's always something for everyone on every Coldplay album so we all have something to look forward to, i'm sure :D

If he does sway back towards his original influences, we probably won't see it until LP8 :P

Most of the album may have been written last year, when he frequently mentioned Ariania Grande, Justin Beiber and One Direction :laugh3: Seriously though, there's always something for everyone on every Coldplay album so we all have something to look forward to, i'm sure :D

No doubt bout that,Sparky.

One cant satisfy all people out there,impossible. And i know i wont get a second VLVODAAHF or X&Y.

Still looking forward too it, with lower expectations which only can be topped :cool:

I think we should stop guessing what its gonna sound like and when its gonna be released because we have no control over that. Its their decision when THEY want to release THEIR material. Trying to guess based on 3rd party sources will only increase anxiety.

What we do know is that they are going to release something soon. And that the album will be out before the end of this year (this coming from fans who met Coldplay members and album currators at the Bakery)

Double post,sorry

Hopefully Coldplay really move into darker music after AHFOD, and not "darker" like Ghost Stories, that was just too plain and forgettable. It be silly if they kept trying to write poppier and poppier albums with time

:nod:

But you never know with all that influence by Chris´new mates...

As im saying, we had no Hip-Hop record so far. Maybe Jay-Z is going to produce LP8.

Nightmare...