✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Given Adele just put out 30 seconds of new music anything CP puts out this week will not get the reach it normally would of. Serves them right for waiting mind you. Not like they haven't had the warning that new Adele is on its way. They should have put it out earlier....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah... that was another dumb thing that Coldplay did. Why wait?? You know Adele is just around the corner, you know your own fans are waiting ever so anxiously, you should go ahead and get your single out before Adele steals the spotlight. Coldplay really should have thought that through before making us wait another month... now since Adele put 30 seconds of new music out that's going to drown out anything Coldplay puts out, unless they just go right ahead and release the single... which they should honestly just do at this point since the damage is already being done.

EDIT: Since I was just so interested I had to check out that new clip from Adele's new album... that 30 second clip sounds better than a lot of GS already, just sayin... yeah, this might completely steal the spotlight from Coldplay :(

Exact release date has more to do with the record company than Coldplay.

If that competition with Adele is so important to anyone, only solution is to just put the whole album out right now.

hahah whatever though :D i don't want to contribute to speculations.

But another Monday is coming, at least some fans still haven't lost their hope...

Yeah... that was another dumb thing that Coldplay did. Why wait?? You know Adele is just around the corner, you know your own fans are waiting ever so anxiously, you should go ahead and get your single out before Adele steals the spotlight. Coldplay really should have thought that through before making us wait another month... now since Adele put 30 seconds of new music out that's going to drown out anything Coldplay puts out, unless they just go right ahead and release the single... which they should honestly just do at this point since the damage is already being done.

EDIT: Since I was just so interested I had to check out that new clip from Adele's new album... that 30 second clip sounds better than a lot of GS already, just sayin... yeah, this might completely steal the spotlight from Coldplay :(

Plus her albums sale are soaring on itunes since that clip was released. Bad timing Coldplay. [emoji53]

Now Coldplay's only choice would be perhaps to wait even longer... putting us even in more pain. COLDPLAY what were you thinking?? You should have just dropped the new single earlier so Adele would be drowned out but not you. And now if they want big sales they'll have to wait :(

I actually don't think the total sales will be affected that much. Adele and Coldplay are different acts, + what i have read Adele's album lacking big production, being mostly acoustic and piano-led. Coldplay has potential to come out with something far more interesting. Only the "being number 1" would be affected by that.

Personally i wouldn't care about it at all. I would prefer Coldplay not having that much spotlight immedietely, while instead having their album critically much acclaimed and sales staying high later on.

^ You are right, which could be a cause for concern..

I think Adele's song was a little bland' date=' to be honest, so CP has got nothing to worry about. Will Adele's new album sell? Yes, but so will Coldplay's.[/quote']

That was a 30-second clip... IMO it sounded great! But if it sounded bland to you, that was just a little clip anyways... :)

I kinda wish Chris never said anything last year.then We wouldnt have to wait an agonizing year in so much suspense (like we heard rumors of LP 7 before, but they werent official so no stress). But lets be honest, a few of us have probably developed a few gray hairs since he leaked the info. This is why artists usually dont leak what theyre doing, so that something like Amazing Day is completely unexpected and not taken for granted.

• Administrators

They're hardly gonna release a single any time soon. There has been no leaks or teasers since Chris told us the title of the album. Look at Adele, she teased her album and even though I wouldn't be her biggest fan, I'm still really excited for her album!

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsbeat/status/655843286658195457/video/1

Given Adele just put out 30 seconds of new music anything CP puts out this week will not get the reach it normally would of. Serves them right for waiting mind you. Not like they haven't had the warning that new Adele is on its way. They should have put it out earlier....

Who cares? Why do so many people think bands and other artists are actively watching others release new music and going, "You know what? We just fucked ourselves. Pack it up, boys. We're done."

I know this is surprising, but maybe Coldplay doesn't necessarily want the world to stare at them.

Who cares? Why do so many people think bands and other artists are actively watching others release new music and going, "You know what? We just fucked ourselves. Pack it up, boys. We're done."

I know this is surprising, but maybe Coldplay doesn't necessarily want the world to stare at them.

Still, Adele's really popular and you'd expect Coldplay to know about them...

Exactly. I don't think Coldplay could care less. Yeah it might affect some sales, but nothing that's gonna break the bank. I personally don't see why it would affect anything but the number 1 album thing. If people like the album, they will buy the album. If not, then fine. Its not like people can only buy one album. Someone can buy both Adele's and Coldplay's. Not a big deal. And for all the people who are going to buy Adele's album, but not Coldplay's, there are probably just as much who will do the opposite.