✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow' date=' since 04? Have you taken a break from these forums since then? Bc its hard to believe someone has kept an interest this high in CP for that long.[/quote']

Well @gentleparachute has been here since '03 in case you didn't know... :)

You all could be correct in saying that the guys don't care so much about whether their album charts at #1 or #2 for the year, but I'm willing to bet that their record company might be, and they're the ones who have a lot of influence as to when the album drops. If Adele's album drops this year, they might wind up pushing Coldplay's back into early next year just to avoid the conflict and ensure the guys nab that #1 spot (for the seventh time in a row, which I believe sets some sort of record, yes?).

I hope this isn't the case, as I'd like the album just as soon as the rest of you, but it is a possibility. And, as big as Coldplay is, Adele quite simply can't be touched by anyone in the music world, so the possibility of the guys beating her out for the #1 spot probably isn't very good.

The only thing that makes me think that the album won't be pushed back is the early-next-year performances :shrug:

Very true. Didn't really think of that. I'm a little worried now, but not hopeless yet.

Wow, since 04? Have you taken a break from these forums since then? Bc its hard to believe someone has kept an interest this high in CP for that long.

It's true!! I have been here for all the album release reactions since X&Y!!! I don't post that much, I just enjoy reading everyone's posts and the knee jack reactions to CP releases. I for one love every era and know AHFOD will be amazing!

It's true!! I have been here for all the album release reactions since X&Y!!! I don't post that much' date=' I just enjoy reading everyone's posts and the knee jack reactions to CP releases. I for one love every era and know AHFOD will be amazing![/quote']

Oh I see! :D

This one has hope, see? He knows, he's been here since 11 years Ago :D

Well I don't know why someone that like CP since 2004 will stop liking it haha. I mean if you trully like a band, their style and everything, time doesn't matter. I listen to their albums since 2007, ahh and the b-sides of course, and they still my favorite band ^^

Well I just looked up some news on AHFOD and saw an article "Could Coldplay's New Album Be Released Next Month?" Guess what, it was that same trashy site Kpopstarz again. Read it all through, not one thing new. They were always clickbait, and always will be, presumably. :)

It's true!! I have been here for all the album release reactions since X&Y!!! I don't post that much, I just enjoy reading everyone's posts and the knee jack reactions to CP releases. I for one love every era and know AHFOD will be amazing!

I do the same, enjoy reading and hope AHFOD will be great haha.

The lads, or maybe Phil, probably have a cabinet of different plans on how to tackle the release of AHFOD if Adele releases before them lol.. If I was the band I would wait and see how Adele does. In the meantime, record any special songs that come from the Aether/Chris like how Clocks or Up In Flames came to be.

I want to say that I have a good feeling about this week with all the rumors, but no, I can't. I feel like there has been a solid rumor every week since July and we still haven't got anything official, save Amazing Day. Starting to get tired of waiting! Perhaps that will improve the surprise factor.

So assuming Amazing Day is on the album, where do you think it lines up? I really hope it is the opening track, and I say that hesitantly because it would be THE WEAKEST opening track ever compared to every other masterpiece. But imagine..If this thing is the opening track, then I feel like it would ensure this is a concept album. That is, you had an amazing day, you are looking at the stars, maybe getting sleepy, really calm and peaceful then BOOM! You are asleep and dreams start happening and it gets weird :D Well, that is my hope. But it is probably like track 4 following three pop explosions and preceding 4 more haha

As for this whole Adele thing...I think we can speculate as much as we want but there are folks up-top in the music industry who have known Coldplay and Adele's respective release times for ages. There won't be a conflict, imo. It will be planned out nicely. Coldplay isn't going to hold a song back all of sudden because of an Adele commercial!

True, but what we have forgotten is about the quality of the music. We sill haven't heard the whole thing from neither artist and until then, we can only speculate. It could go either way, so the deciding factor should be who produces the best overall album that captures the more casual set of people. Personally, I think Coldplay has more variety in it's sound overall and could pull out another number 1. But maybe I'm just being biased :D

True, but what we have forgotten is about the quality of the music. We sill haven't heard the whole thing from neither artist and until then, we can only speculate. It could go either way, so the deciding factor should be who produces the best overall album that captures the more casual set of people. Personally, I think Coldplay has more variety in it's sound overall and could pull out another number 1. But maybe I'm just being biased :D

Of course Coldplay will go to #1. Everyone knows that.

So assuming Amazing Day is on the album, where do you think it lines up? I really hope it is the opening track, and I say that hesitantly because it would be THE WEAKEST opening track ever compared to every other masterpiece. But imagine..If this thing is the opening track, then I feel like it would ensure this is a concept album. That is, you had an amazing day, you are looking at the stars, maybe getting sleepy, really calm and peaceful then BOOM! You are asleep and dreams start happening and it gets weird Well, that is my hope. But it is probably like track 4 following three pop explosions and preceding 4 more haha

What a cool idea, I never thought of the album title like that. I wonder what the ending track would sound like on an album like that, where the dreamer wakes up back to reality? If ahfod does follow a solid conceptual framework like mx, please be this!

Oh yes I'd also love another concept album. But I REALLY hope they won't sell us again 30 second intros as whole tracks like in MX, making the album even shorter.

I never really got why they would do that (apart from misleading potential buyers into thinking there's more songs on the album). It's much better to include these 30 seconds in the actual song because whenever I listen to such a song I would start with the intro-track anyway.