✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And on another note, I read that Kylie Minogue is to release a Christmas album including one song written by Chris Martin ! The song is called Every Day Is Like Christmas. When I read that title, I couldn't help thinking, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, Amazing Day, Every Day is Christmas, and Every Cheesy Title Is Chris.

But is it possible to make a non-cheesy Christmas song tiltle? lol

Some fans have been giving the band a lot of schtick about their EDM direction of late. Does anyone think they might combine it with their Oldplay tuneful guitar sound and come up with music that sounds like Amnesiac and Hail To The Theif-era tunes for AHFOD?

Guy and Will have come a long way and are lately sounding like they've reached early 2000's Radiohead, the band have been trying electronic flourishes and we've been moaning about the loss of their guitar tunes / old atmospheric sounds... I think it would be great! They'd of course sound happier and hopeful rather than Radiohead's doom and gloom/ angry snarls :D

Oh that would be a dream.

Yeah every time I search for the lyrics to those (Coldplay) songs, I always get results for Imagine Dragons and I'm like "hey those are not yours!".....I can imagine titles like Trouble being fairly common, but, Amsterdam, really??!

Umm. Trouble by ID is not even similar lyrically or musically to Trouble by CP. Same with Amsterdam. The Coldplay version is a long, drawn-out piano song in a slower tempo. Amsterdam by ID is a fast pop-rock song that talks about not being able to live up to expectations so pretty sure ID did not copy CP at all

Umm. Trouble by ID is not even similar lyrically or musically to Trouble by CP. Same with Amsterdam. The Coldplay version is a long, drawn-out piano song in a slower tempo. Amsterdam by ID is a fast pop-rock song that talks about not being able to live up to expectations so pretty sure ID did not copy CP at all

I'm just talking about titles

Guest diogo_sg
Haha not much :laugh4:. It was just a stupid joke because North Korea has a special timezone that is always 30 minutes different than the rest of the world.

Oh. Haha. Alright then.

PS: I didn't know about that.

I think it will be out on Dussehra (the indian holiday). The song must be done by now and all of them are just waiting.... for dussehra to come? Dussehra is on the 22nd

I could see that happening. That was when the original rumor said it would be released. They could put the video or audio up on YouTube on Thursday and release it Friday. Or at least announce a release date.

A Rush of Magic, your quote's in red.

I ran away, your 2 quote's are in blue.

AMDB9, your quote's in gold.

42Escapist, your quote's in green.

Umm. Trouble by ID is not even similar lyrically or musically to Trouble by CP. Same with Amsterdam. The Coldplay version is a long' date=' drawn-out piano song in a slower tempo. Amsterdam by ID is a fast pop-rock song that talks about not being able to live up to expectations so pretty sure ID did not copy CP at all[/quote']

Yes, but what are the chances of picking Amsterdam for a title at random when Coldplay already did that:P

10 000 posts on an album which has not yet seen the day of light....

On another thought, though:

-1000 posts on Oldplay vs. Newplay, Mylo-bashing and Mylo-basher-bashing

-500 posts of people telling other people they are fed up with the thread going off-topic

:D

And on another note' date=' I read that Kylie Minogue is to release a Christmas album including one song written by Chris Martin ! The song is called Every Day Is Like Christmas. When I read that title, I couldn't help thinking, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, Amazing Day, Every Day is Christmas, and Every Cheesy Title Is Chris.[/quote']

LOL

:D

10000!!!!

This thread has 10000 posts in it! Way to go, everyone!

Congratulations everyone!!! We did it! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I know, right? They are probably at least a bit familiar with Coldplay so I do wonder if those titles were Coldplay-inspired. There's a difference between similarity and copying, though.

^ Not according to Joe Satriani. :D

I know, it's so annoying when I look up lyrics to <insert song name here> and all I get are other songs by other artists...

I reckon 13 songs.

Me too, except only 10 or 11 songs will be on the actual album. There will probably be a couple of bonus tracks on the side, similar to what they did with GS. It would be nice to have the deluxe edition available worldwide this time around. Everyone other than North America had to wait for the ASFOS EP before getting to purchase the bonus tracks.

Me too' date=' except only 10 or 11 songs will be on the actual album. There will probably be a couple of bonus tracks on the side, similar to what they did with GS. It would be nice to have the deluxe edition available worldwide this time around. Everyone other than North America had to wait for the ASFOS EP before getting to purchase the bonus tracks.[/quote']

Yeah... that dumb 42 minute rule is lessening the potential of Coldplay... I really hope that more come on the album than 10 or 11 tracks, except if the songs are all magnificent like MX or AROBTTH. Again, I would prefer quality over quantity, but if I could have both that'd be even better.

Yeah... that dumb 42 minute rule is lessening the potential of Coldplay... I really hope that more come on the album than 10 or 11 tracks, except if the songs are all magnificent like MX or AROBTTH. Again, I would prefer quality over quantity, but if I could have both that'd be even better.

I agree, I think it's unnecessary and limits them. They should tell themselves it's only superstition and it's only their imagination that anything over 42 mins is bad ;)