✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I swear to god every time there is a bunch of freeloaders just waiting to go 'on noez, they stealz our stuffs.' This time it's 'We did circles before they were mainstream'.

you said it! every time this happens! the only difference is the scale of publicity given to it.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm maybe this isn't the "full" cover of the album, just a part of it.. But I actually think it is the cover, I can see it being that simple..

Another thought on placement of the poster. Maybe there are posters all over the world, in specific places that are spoken of on songs, or places that influenced songs. Just a thought seeing as there is not one poster at the moment..

Dan O'Conell from XFM also confirming and saying that release date for the album is december 4th - I guess he would likely be in the loop as well. So looks like a single to come before then I would guess today or monday

^ It could even wind up being the day they officially announce the album :shrug:

I still say that their record company is going to want them to eliminate competing with Adele and have them drop the album early next year

It was :P

Maybe they figure it's far enough away to not affect sales much, but close enough to still have a lot of people looking towards the music industry. You can take advantage of the hype generated by other artists. :thinking: Especially if the single is a slower song. Maybe they intend to co-opt some Adele fans. :laugh3:

Having a release right between Black Friday and Christmas can't hurt either. :nod:

The record company would want the album to be released in Q4, no doubt about that. Much higher sales. Competition means increased overall sales which is great in their eyes. I mentioned this before but based on their track records, Coldplay will get a higher first week than Adele I think but she might sell more overall.

The record company would want the album to be released in Q4, no doubt about that. Much higher sales. Competition means increased overall sales which is great in their eyes. I mentioned this before but based on their track records, Coldplay will get a higher first week than Adele I think but she might sell more overall.

i really doubt that sparky. given how adele's 21 was the best selling record worldwide 2 years in a row (!), her first week sales for previous albums doesn't matter much i think. is there is one artist that can possibly get close or over 1 million sales in the first week (in the US) right now, that would be adele.

She won't generate as many sales in the first week as Coldplay's first week, based on the track record of Mylo Xyloto having higher first week sales than 21 and the different fan bases. Most Coldplay fans will buy the album in the first week, while Adele has a wider and more casual audience who will be given the album as a Christmas present and it's sales will increase substantially with factors like X-Factor performances, TV appearances etc..

I was really into chart statistics up until a few years ago (completely lost interest) so I was tracking the progress of both MX and 21 since they were released.

i get where you are coming from, but the thing is, the adele hype now is totally on a different level to what it was when 21 was released. her new song broke the taylor swift record for the most views garnered in a day > 20 mill. now it has broken the record for the least time taken to reach 100 mil. views. i really think adele will hold #1 for at least 2 consecutive weeks once released.