✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

This logo thing with no name and a date reminds me very much of Arcade Fire's Reflektor build-up hype, when there was the logo tagged everywhere and people were wondering if it was related with AF or not. here's the logo from Reflektor.

It wouldn't be the first time Coldplay use something that AF did before. The story/concept of MX seemed very close at the time to AF's "The Suburbs". Hurts Like Heaven was very Arcade Fire-esque and the lyrics of Charlie Brown were pretty evocative ( CB : "Stole a key, took a car downtown where the lost boys meet" / The Suburbs : "In the suburbs I learned to drive and you told me we'd never survive, grab your mother's keys we're leavin' (...) one day we'd fight in a suburban world")

And of course there was the desire to experiment with original/forgotten instruments on VLV and a more art rock direction, which was Arcade Fire's thing on first 2 albums. Just 2 years after Chris said AF was "the best band in the world".

Coincidence ? I think not.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JC does have a point though- how is it that there's only one picture of this poster... I mean if any of y'all have been to anywhere in England and gone via the underground- stations are never empty and the places where all the ads are placed are near to where people get on the trains are. Weird.

Honestly, don't think most people would bat an eye (while on their phones, rushing to get to work/home, going through crowds) much less think it's coldplay related, stop, take a picture, and post it on twitter. But once word gets around, hopefully people will venture out and "confirm" for us. I think it's legit considering the guy even told us where's it's located, pretty sure he would know there would be massive black-lash if it turned out to be fake.

Well, I am hoping for another Ghost Stories like album. It's just an album made for ..this sorta type of intimate experience. Not since Parachutes do I remember Coldplay really doing that in an album.

And ever since AROBTTH Coldplay has been trying to be an arena band. It was just good for them to change the feel. I hope for another since they have enough arena songs. But I do think this album will be ...sorta a mix of Ghost Stories..and Mylo Xyloto. That's my guess.

I was struggling through homework and when I finally finished I checked Twitter and I was genuinely surprised and ecstatic. December 4 who would have thought? (Honestly too close to the holidays for my taste, but I guess it's the band's early present for us all). I had seriously thought they wouldn't release until like next year, but I AM SO GLAD I WAS WRONG

Same here, I've been horrendously busy with school and work commitments so I checked Twitter and my heart skipped a beat when I saw that image. Nothing's certain yet but this has renewed my faith in a release this year. Now THAT is the kind of teasing I want to see!

Birds came flying from the Underground, if you could see it then you'd understand... ;)

So the Coldplay album coming out on December 4th?

Why wait all this time and then release it when Adele releases hers or couple of weeks after. Shame, it won't knock Adele off number one spot, her hype is overblown. Should wait till January.

i fear the same. that this might be the first coldplay album to not debut in uk at #1.

So the Coldplay album coming out on December 4th?

Why wait all this time and then release it when Adele releases hers or couple of weeks after. Shame, it won't knock Adele off number one spot, her hype is overblown. Should wait till January.

I understand you. But I don't know if the band really cares about that, maybe their label do.. but, for me whatever, I don't care if they don't reach number one. They will always be number one for me

i fear the same. that this might be the first coldplay album to not debut in uk at #1.

I understand you. But I don't know if the band really cares about that, maybe their label do.. but, for me whatever, I don't care if they don't reach number one. They will always be number one for me [emoji4]

I want them to get number one to get that Beatles record of consecutive number ones, would be history in the making. Oh well, so close!

I'm guessing the single will have to be released very soon then if the album is to come out in 30-40 days.

Gotta say MX as best cover. It just screams all of Coldplay's passions and chaos and nerdiness in one. It's so vibrant, creative, unique, thematic. :thinking: I think Pitchfork said it best when they said Coldplay are at their best when they embrace the heart, spastic nature and yes even cheesiness (good way, not GS say)/geekness that makes them them and I see that in the MX cover. :)