📺 STREAM COLDPLAY AT GLASTONBURY 2002 REMASTERED IN HD 📺
Kingzilla

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

If this song gets overplayed on the radio I'll end up hating it more

This is everybody's best dreams and worst nightmares come true :laugh3:

Personally, I like it... although I would have preferred a bit more muscle and "liveness" in the repeated guitar riff throughout the song, rather than a very measured / controlled repeated riff - just my own preference... So it's got EDM, contemporary pop, some 70's disco, some Indian / Oriental themes, and a bit of rock... A bit for everybody :D They have so played us... what are all the lovers / haters gonna say now... Do you love it because it has what you were hoping for, or do you hate it coz it has want you did not want???

I love AOAL! It's so groovy! (although really different for coldplay so I'm expecting some haters haha).

Also (sorry if this has been posted) it looks like the second single will be "Hymn For the Weekend" according to Amazon's cover art fort the album: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017IS0HY0?tag=smarturl-gb-21

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32766[/ATTACH]

I'm guessing we'll get HFTW before the album release because it uses the two songs to entice buyers (meaning people are familiar with them).

I'm sure the new smash hit single will be the 2nd single.. AHFOD!! This one was good too!!!

I don't get all the hate.After all the description you surely weren't expecting some slow sad song like from other earlier days....I think its pretty good!

We got some funky Guy bass lines, We got Jonny channeling Nile Rodgers, we got a dreamy Chris voice, and Will is playing his real drums and the glass cup is back!! So this is what they meant when they said you could "shuffle your feet to it"

I like it. That's all I'll say for now.

I actually knew about Tove Lo before this, and I'm not a HUGE fan, but the collab ("Fun") could be good. Looks set to be a big album with hit singles...

As someone who listened in to the first song premiere for the past few albums I can honestly say I am gobsmacked. AOAL is completely different to how I imagined - I never thought Coldplay would make a song like this. I admire the experimentation but some parts of this song feel so generic, the vocals and woo hoo's especially.

God this really shows that Coldplay are not holding back with the happy feeling for AHFOD.

from amazon:

Product Description

Coldplay release their seventh album, A Head Full Of Dreams, on Friday, December 4 via Parlophone Records.

The album, recorded in Malibu, LA and London, was produced by Norwegian duo Stargate together with the band’s long-time collaborator Rik Simpson. It features more guests than any previous Coldplay record, with Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, Tove Lo and Merry Clayton among those appearing across its 11 tracks (12 if you count the buried treasure of the hidden track X Marks The Spot).

A Head Full Of Dreams is the widescreen follow-up to 2014’s fragile and lovelorn Ghost Stories, Coldplay’s sixth consecutive worldwide chart topper, award winner and multi-million seller. The band chose not to tour Ghost Stories and headed straight back into the studio to record A Head Full Of Dreams.

Revitalised, they’ve made an album that’s bursting with energy, colour and big, life-affirming moments such as the deliciously ebullient first single Adventure Of A Lifetime and the rocket-powered Hymn For The Weekend.

Whoa....just. Whoa.

I like this. It is pretty damn commendable that Coldplay would make a song like this. Very Daft Punk, bordering Maroon 5, but way better. I mean, it isn't perfect. It suffers from a few pop production tropes that I am not happy about (DAMN CLAP TRACK, Stargate Synths and Chris goes full out pop diva).

BUT

This isn't a standard structure pop song. The lyrics are cheesy and repetitive but I think really well though out and meaningful, so I forgive them.

And the riff is awesome. Very obvious this song was pieced together carefully cuz the guitar riff doesn't perfectly carry over into the verse, BUT THE BASS AND DRUMS.

One of Will and Guy's best songs. So i am going to bed. Final Thoughts for now: not perfect, wish it was more alternative but a really solid single and commendable that they would do this.

The album, recorded in Malibu, LA and London, was produced by Norwegian duo Stargate together with the band’s long-time collaborator Rik Simpson. It features more guests than any previous Coldplay record, with Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, Tove Lo and Merry Clayton among those appearing across its 11 tracks (12 if you count the buried treasure of the hidden track X Marks The Spot).

A Head Full Of Dreams is the widescreen follow-up to 2014’s fragile and lovelorn Ghost Stories, Coldplay’s sixth consecutive worldwide chart topper, award winner and multi-million seller. The band chose not to tour Ghost Stories and headed straight back into the studio to record A Head Full Of Dreams.

Revitalised, they’ve made an album that’s bursting with energy, colour and big, life-affirming moments such as the deliciously ebullient first single Adventure Of A Lifetime and the rocket-powered Hymn For The Weekend.

Coldplay have never enjoyed making a record more than this one. Nor have they been happier with the results.

And, this time, they plan to take it around the world.

TRACKLISTING

1. A Head Full Of Dreams

2. Birds

3. Hymn For The Weekend

4. Everglow

5. Adventure Of A Lifetime

6. Fun

7. Kaleidoscope

8. Army Of One

9. Amazing Day

10. Colour Spectrum

11. Up&Up

from amazon:

Product Description

Coldplay release their seventh album, A Head Full Of Dreams, on Friday, December 4 via Parlophone Records.

BEYONCEEEEEEEE WTFFFFFF.....

Good morning. Coldplay have today announced the global release of their seventh album, A Head Full Of Dreams, on Friday, December 4 via Parlophone Records.

The first single from the album, Adventure Of A Lifetime, is available from today todownload.

You can also pre-order A Head Full Of Dreams now. Fans who pre-order the album digitally will receive an instant download of Adventure Of A Lifetime.

The album, recorded in Malibu, LA and London, was produced by Norwegian duo Stargate together with the band’s long-time collaborator Rik Simpson. It features more guests than any previous Coldplay record, with Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, ToveLo and Merry Clayton among those appearing across its 11 tracks (12 if you count the buried treasure of the hidden track X Marks The Spot).

A Head Full Of Dreams is the widescreen follow-up to 2014’s fragile and lovelornGhost Stories, Coldplay’s sixth consecutive worldwide chart topper, award winner and multi-million seller. The band chose not to tour Ghost Stories and headed straight back into the studio to record A Head Full Of Dreams.

Coldplay have never enjoyed making a record more than this one. Nor have they been happier with the results.

And, this time, they plan to take it around the world