✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, so I've listened to the song about 4-5 times now (Went to bed after the release) and the Stargate influence is starting to leak into me. I can already tell it's similar to some other pop songs.

It's similar to daft punk and pharrel's get lucky.

I'm one of those fans who thinks they should do more GS than MX and it's a shame that they are going to do more MX just to please the masses.

Though I don't dislike AOAL I don't like it either and I hope the whole album isn't like this. MX had its moments that made it NOT the worst album out there so if they do follow the footsteps of MX, I've got hope that AHFOD will have it's moments and then some as well (and going by the tracklisting, I think it will).

Also, absolutely HATE the album title. I was still holding onto hope it was a joke. Bleah.

If you're an ambientplayer, then you would be disappointed. Coldplay will most likely never do an album like Ghost Stories again.

Looking at youtube comments of AOAL makes me sick and depressed.Cant people look at the positive side instead of just saying Coldplay's work is shit and find all sort of fake unsupported evidence...

YouTube comments shouldn't even be looked at.

• Like 1

If you're an ambientplayer, then you would be disappointed. Coldplay will most likely never do an album like Ghost Stories again.

Yes, you're probably right. But you would think that because they are older now, they'll stop doing poppy songs like this. I had hope that GS was the day, Coldplay will slow down and chill out and do more acoustic stuff - instead of dancing around like One D.

I'm not dissing them or anything. I just think that they are way past the MX days. Why go backwards? Really hoping this is the last album where we hear any sort of techno in their songs.

GS? I think you mean to say they should do more Parachutes.

No, I do mean GS.

Because I know by now they are not capable of doing stuff like Parachutes or AROBTHH. And I don't mean that in a mean way. Just saying from the evolution of the band, I really don't think they'll do anything like the songs of old.

GS is probably the closest we'll ever get.

Yes, you're probably right. But you would think that because they are older now, they'll stop doing poppy songs like this. I had hope that GS was the day, Coldplay will slow down and chill out and do more acoustic stuff - instead of dancing around like One D./QUOTE]

The influence of the modern pop world, my friend. It's a very hard thing to avoid. This album is probably going to be Chris avoiding his divorce problems and trying to stay happy as much as possible

So you know how Chris said they turned in the album 3 weeks ago? Well the Global Citizen Festival was more than 3 weeks ago. So, do you think they made some last-minute changes to Amazing Day, and the album version will be a bit different?

So like many of us predicted this album is going to be the definitive dive into Pop music it looks like. Obviously every song can't sound like AOAL, so this leaves more questions than answers. What will other singles sound like? Rock or sheer pop? What will the deeper cuts sound like? Where the hell is Beyonce, Noel, and Merry Clayton? WHY TOVE LO?

which twitter feed are u looking at? most of the tweets ive seen are very much positive and most of the comments in forums on the internet (ATRL.net, reddit, kanyetothe, etc.,) are extremely positive.

Same here. Most of the comments I've seen on twitter are very positive about the song. And I'm really happy to see that reaction.

Wish most of the fans here were happy with what this band does. They just try to do different things with every album cycle. I'd say we are fortunate enough to say that from our band. Lot of bands do the same over and over until you can bored of them.

But these guys try to explore new things and make every album feel special. Why would you like another AROBTTH, if you already have it? Enjoy that album for what it is, make it feel special.

It's really sad to read things like "this band is artistically dead"... I mean, seriously? You can dislike the new songs, but that's an epic overreaction just because they are not giving you what you want. Just go and listen the old albums over and over..and over...

I'm really happy with the song. Is fun and full of happiness. I'm glad they decided to make an album like this. Show they can also make happy songs and put the people on a good mood :)

AOAL is very good song, but lyrics to this song are horrible. Where are perfect lyrics just like in "Clocks" or "Violet Hill"? I'm not saying that "new" Coldplay is bad, but somewhere, sometime in the history of six (hopefully seven) great albums, they lost that "magic". I believe that AHFOD won't be full of omnipresent happiness as band say, but it will have great moments that we'll all enjoy and we'll all have fun in soon coming tour!

Guest diogo_sg
Same here. Most of the comments I've seen on twitter are very positive about the song. And I'm really happy to see that reaction.

Wish most of the fans here were happy with what this band does. They just try to do different things with every album cycle. I'd say we are fortunate enough to say that from our band. Lot of bands do the same over and over until you can bored of them.

But these guys try to explore new things and make every album feel special. Why would you like another AROBTTH, if you already have it? Enjoy that album for what it is, make it feel special.

It's really sad to read things like "this band is artistically dead"... I mean, seriously? You can dislike the new songs, but that's an epic overreaction just because they are not giving you what you want. Just go and listen the old albums over and over..and over...

I'm really happy with the song. Is fun and full of happiness. I'm glad they decided to make an album like this. Show they can also make happy songs and put the people on a good mood :)

This.

I've listened to this song back to back. At first listen I thought Coldplay was trolling. But after accepting what coldplays become now I'm kinda liking the song now. I'm liking it more and more after each listen.

But I really really hope the whole album is not like this.

The only hope I have that it's not all like this is that Noel Gallagher is on it. No way that Noel Gallagher signs up for a song like this.

People still saying the almost obnoxiously stupid "If Coldplay did the same album again and again it would be boring" argument. We know. It's the change in quality, not style, most people don't like.

Anyway - here's my pros and cons for the day:

Pros:

The baseline of AOAL is great, funky and danceable.

When the music come back on "alive again", it's a great dance moment.

Noel Gallagher! Can't wait to hear the chief on a Coldplay record.

Some of the tracks sound pretty cool, much better than their average title these days.

The artwork is growing on me.

Cool to hear more prominent use of rock instruments, even in a dance song.

Cons:

The song, while nice, is completely forgettable. Can't see myself having any desire to listen to it in the future and it's easily the weakest of their lead singles.

The lyrics are awful, yet again.

Beyoncé? Really?

Titles like "Fun" and "Birds"

The simpler cover would have been better.

Chris' singing seems completely manufactured in this song, especially compared to the emotion he used to be able to convey.

Amazing Day is on the album. If you can hear a slight clicking sound, that's me skipping it in the future.

Mixed bag today.

:)

That can work both ways. If we wanted dance music or a generic pop song we can go listen to dance music or whatever is in the charts, don't need Coldplay to do this.

I'm liking this new song though

Guest diogo_sg
I remember that lots of you said: I wanna the single to be out on "X date" because it will be my birthday and it would be the best present ever. I never said that and today is really my birthday. Seriously.

Haha! Sweet irony [emoji12]

Happy birthday!! [emoji323]