🚀COLDPLAY PREMIERE THEIR NEW SINGLE 'HIGHER POWER' FROM SPACE✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly scared for this album. The lyrics on AOAL are awful. No creativity there. If this is the first single, we can expect the album to sound similar to this and thats not good. Coldplay have gone mainstream and i dont like it. Im not even an Oldplayer and i dont like it

bruh, they've been mainstream since yellow debuted... and chris has never been a great lyricist.

what's important here is that they are truly embracing who they are, and the result is pretty solid body music. This song is gonna be fun as fuck live... everyone just grooving together.

and this is kinda uncharted territory for cp, because they really only have two levels for the most part: anthems and ballads. AOAL is just a really fun dance track-- a nice in-between.

This song just affirms my excitement for AHFOD. I'm excited to have a cp album about believing in love and living a life of fulfillment

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

According to info given to me about these forums in the past, we all know it's gonna get pretty intense once people start cursing. Let the annual CPing Forum Wars Begin!

Just don't let it devolve to the "YouTube comments section"-esque hate.

It's scary how close I was with my prediction!

It kinda is, yes :/

You've got clairvoyance though! :cool:

(p.s, this parallel conversation in the thread isn't really catching on eh? :S )

THE ADVERSARY !!! I've been looking forward to hearing your opinion about AOAL. What do you think ?

Not quite Oldplay (not by a long shot) but immensely better than anything on the last two eras.

So many collaborations does make it seem like a circus to be honest. Am I going to be buying a Coldplay album or a world of music (and hollywood actresses) album? Noely G and Merry Clapton are the only ones I approve.

Gwyneth Paltrow is ridiculous. I think she gets some sort of perverse pleasure from actively ruining the bands output :confused:

IN my opinion it is a very generic mainstream dannce pop track. I was very disappointed. And to me, it's worse than several songs off MX and GS (for me, better than AOAL are: Paradise, Fly On, Ghost Story, Major Minus...)

I just wanna put my mark in this epic thread (I don't think it would be more epic than the MX era).

I f'ing love the new single (I'm in love with funk) and I hope this album to be as great as MX.

Looking forward to hear Kaleidoscope!

IN my opinion it is a very generic mainstream dannce pop track. I was very disappointed. And to me, it's worse than several songs off MX and GS (for me, better than AOAL are: Paradise, Fly On, Ghost Story, Major Minus...)

I really respect all opinions I ran Away, but how could you ever compare AOAL to Fly On ? You can't ... they just took such a huge artistic curve imo... But I understand your point !

I heard the song ONCE and I loved it ! and I can't wait to hear more :)

Folks, for anything related to AOAL, please post in the relevant thread and sub-forum: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/forums/198-Adventure-Of-A-Lifetime

Let's keep this thread for general album talk only. Thanks! :)

I have mixed feelings, as almost with every new Coldplay song lately.

AOAL is a nice, catchy pop tune, but, I don't know. A bit of disappointment is present. They used to make such a great, epic music... I don't expect anymore that Coldplay will ever return to their old sound. I'm just glad that they're still making new music and planning the tour. I love Coldplay and I'm gonna stay their fan no matter what happens.

I can understand that. I think we all knew we were never going to get the soulful, meaningful Coldplay music of AROBTTH :(

Yes, but following the snippet and artwork I had hoped for something more indie and psychedelic. This is just too generic. Especially the wohoos at the ending, they're cringeworthy... :(