✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

jer123, your quote's in red.

alexandeha17, your quote's in blue.

I ran away, your quote's in gold.

Thats probably gonna happen for Fun already as Chris sings a duet with Tove Lo' date=' probably won't have it again for Hymn For The Weekend?Beyonce is probably just the backing vocals,the 'Angel'[/quote']

On Beyonce, it's a sigh of relief she's just doing backing vocals. All that will do is enhance the songs she's in anyway. As for Tove Lo, well... ya, that might be the poppier song in the album. "feat. Tove Lo" is an obvious sign of real collaboration, which means that Tove Lo will obviously have influences in the song, which means POP.

Again, not that I despise pop, because I actually do like pop, but I just... dont.. want... Coldplay to go in that direction. I enjoy pop but I would rather see more Oldplay sounds from the band. I don't want them to head down the mainstream pop road... that would just be sad, but I don't see it happening seeing the obvious experimentation taking place in this album. That being said, if they were heading down the Mylo-pop road then I'm ALL for it. (Or another version of pop that Coldplay will touch and make amazing out of it). But... mainstream pop? No thanks. If Coldplay does pop, they'd better do it right. Thankfully, they've proven themselves so far IMO. Just like with all things they've touched, nearly all they've made is beautiful and gorgeous. But they better not slip too far into mainstream pop -- or you're not going to get a good result. Eventually, I'd love to see them return to their older ways. To be honest, I'd love to see that more than anything else. Obviously I want for them to try yet another variation of their "older stuff" but it'd be best above all things if they went back to doing darker themes (time and time again, we've proven that this is the stuff they're best at overall) and more of a rock sound just like in their earlier days. I like the twist they put on pop to make it sound amazing (again my opinion) but I think it'd be best if they had a more rock sound. I like variety in this band and I'd LOVE to see some more meaningful cryptic lyrics from the band again. :D :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who can hear Beyonce in AOAL during the 'woohoo' part at the end? I could swear I hear her singing along at the end of the song [emoji52][emoji52][emoji52]

Hey, I heard something at the end of that song too! I was really thinking... who is that in the background? It's not just you, it's me too. There's a serious argument here for Beyonce in the Woo'hoo's.

Anyone else notice that??

EDIT: NEVERMIND IT WAS FAKE

Hey, haven't been following this thread in a while. Just came across the above. Is this legit or did someone just take a random music piece and dubbed it Coldplay ? What makes me suspicious is that he has another video titled "New Coldplay song ?" which clearly is not Coldplay. Probably just a clickbait.

LOL yeah... and that clip actually sounded so gooood as well....

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I heard something at the end of that song too! I was really thinking... who is that in the background? It's not just you, it's me too. There's a serious argument here for Beyonce in the Woo'hoo's.

Anyone else notice that??

I hear it! I think I also hear Beyonce in the chorus, specifically the part where both Chris and Will are singing "alive again."

I heard the female backing vocals in AOAL too but they seem like Moses, Apple and Merry Clayton to me. Am I wrong?

And, what about Gwyneth Paltrow being listed in the "guest appearance" list by Warner Music Australia? Very uncommon...

What female backing vocals in AOAL?

On Beyonce, it's a sigh of relief she's just doing backing vocals. All that will do is enhance the songs she's in anyway. As for Tove Lo, well... ya, that might be the poppier song in the album. "feat. Tove Lo" is an obvious sign of real collaboration, which means that Tove Lo will obviously have influences in the song, which means POP.

Again, not that I despise pop, because I actually do like pop, but I just... dont.. want... Coldplay to go in that direction. I enjoy pop but I would rather see more Oldplay sounds from the band. I don't want them to head down the mainstream pop road... that would just be sad, but I don't see it happening seeing the obvious experimentation taking place in this album. That being said, if they were heading down the Mylo-pop road then I'm ALL for it. (Or another version of pop that Coldplay will touch and make amazing out of it). But... mainstream pop? No thanks. If Coldplay does pop, they'd better do it right. Thankfully, they've proven themselves so far IMO. Just like with all things they've touched, nearly all they've made is beautiful and gorgeous. But they better not slip too far into mainstream pop -- or you're not going to get a good result. Eventually, I'd love to see them return to their older ways. To be honest, I'd love to see that more than anything else. Obviously I want for them to try yet another variation of their "older stuff" but it'd be best above all things if they went back to doing darker themes (time and time again, we've proven that this is the stuff they're best at overall) and more of a rock sound just like in their earlier days. I like the twist they put on pop to make it sound amazing (again my opinion) but I think it'd be best if they had a more rock sound. I like variety in this band and I'd LOVE to see some more meaningful cryptic lyrics from the band again. :D :thumbsup:

Supposedly her songs are a bit darker than your typical pop song, though, which makes me excited. Dark songs are my jam.

That new Adele track is kinda dull (just my taste). I think that her new album isn't going to be as good as people are expecting and that Coldplay's will blow people away :D

Also I am sure Coldplay had a ton of people in the studio for every song on this album. I don't think the woo hoo's are beyonce, but maybe a studio choir they had for another track or maybe their kids or friends they brought in. I am betting a bunch of songs have backing vocals like this.

Also I am sure Coldplay had a ton of people in the studio for every song on this album. I don't think the woo hoo's are beyonce, but maybe a studio choir they had for another track or maybe their kids or friends they brought in. I am betting a bunch of songs have backing vocals like this.

and i don't think we'll ever get to know all the people featured on this album. but you definitely get the festive feeling this era.

That new Adele track is kinda dull (just my taste). I think that her new album isn't going to be as good as people are expecting

yeah, adele is definitely talented. she has a voice to represent a generation. but musically, she is very one dimensional for me. she has one trick and if she goes on using the same trick, people will get tired sooner or later.

but, coldplay are going to have some trouble sales wise this time around. well, as long as the album is good though, i'll be ok with them not making huge sales now :)

That new Adele track is kinda dull (just my taste). I think that her new album isn't going to be as good as people are expecting and that Coldplay's will blow people away :D

I thought Hello was pretty boring and bland and the new one isn't much better. Hello sounded like Adele trying to hard to be Adele.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nexus 6P

ooh, 6P, nice!

Yeah, I think every artist goes through the same thing. They try the same trick for 2 or 3 albums until someone calls them out. It's after that stage where we really see what the artist is made of. Happened to Coldplay after X&Y, and I can see it with Adele.