✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Yeah in Everglow his voice sounds like it does live (which most of the time is sub par) and it strained in that clip. But i wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, I feel like the rest of the song will definitely have better vocals, they just chose to showcase a moment with a really hard note to hit. I could see this as being a song that really stretches Chris's range on both the high and low ends (like Moving to Mars)

The forums are surprisingly pleasant and calm considering we're all getting our first looks at the new songs. After the MX and GS releases, I'm used to lots of despair, anger, and arguing :lol:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure this might top Viva as well.

if it does for you, then that would be great :) but for me, viva looks set to be untouchable, at least this era by the glimpses we've gotten.

This is shaping up to be the first Coldplay release I've been around for where I actually really like the resulting album

The only two songs I'm having doubts about are Everglow (not a fan of Chris's voice here) and HFtW (love his voice, but too much going on in such a short little snippet to tell if I like it or not)

there are quite a few clips i'm not that enamoured with, at least for now. but birds, man, birds! loving it so far :)

and if coldplay ever tops viva, now that would be an amazing day! :sneaky:

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how he'll do these songs when he's older and perhaps can't strain his voice that hard.

you can already see it in some older songs. frankly, i do sometimes wonder about chirs' voice loosing it's magic, but then you see something like that tidal acoustic show, and you are blown away all over again!

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how he'll do these songs when he's older and perhaps can't strain his voice that hard.

Really, I think his middle range is very nice and I wish he would use it more often. On songs like Fix You and ETiaW, I can definitely tell it's getting harder for him to hit those notes nowadays. (This is really off-topic, but) that's why I really like the LRLRL version of Fix You--he doesn't try to use his falsetto for the entire song, and it winds up being a very powerful, very smooth performance. Surprised he doesn't do that more :shrug:

Chris' voice is infinitely more lush and powerful (and sexy!) when he doesn't yell, just listen to See You Soon and I Ran Away and Yes.

Basically the Parachutes album features his best vocal performance, it's just what his voice was made for.

Chris' voice is infinitely more lush and powerful (and sexy!) when he doesn't yell, just listen to See You Soon and I Ran Away and Yes.

Basically the Parachutes album features his best vocal performance, it's just what his voice was made for.

[video=youtube;D4HZlXkthMs]

yeah, I get that his goal now is trying to get 50,000 ppl in a field jumping about, which is great! But you gotta level it out with some smooth, quiet vocals like in the examples you listed.

Army of One is together with AHFOD my favourite snippet so far. How in the world does that sound like mainstream pop?? This is probably going to be the Major Minus of the album. I love that there is an organ in the background!! We haven't had that in a long time...

I've seen some people hating the distorted voices in the background. I accept that opinion, however it's wrong to think that that automatically makes it pop. That stuff is mainly used by alternative electronic / ambient musicians. Also, Coldplay have been doing this from early on. Listen to Easy To Please to get an idea of what I mean.

It seems that a lot of people immediately attribute vocal manipulation to the mainstream "pop" scene, but that's not really the right knee-jerk reaction to have, particularly since artists across EVERY genre use vocal manipulation. It has nothing to do with popular music. I mean, if auto-tune or a vocoder = pop, then we should be hearing more of the likes of Animal Collective every day on the radio, but do we?

"Army of One" comes across, to me, as being nearly Shoegaze, but with an organ instead of a synth, which is awesome! Super-excited for this one!

The forums are surprisingly pleasant and calm considering we're all getting our first looks at the new songs. After the MX and GS releases, I'm used to lots of despair, anger, and arguing :lol:

To be honest I think it is because there are less people around now. I remember the MX release being ridiculously busy, with the forum crashing from time to time.

To be honest I think it is because there are less people around now. I remember the MX release being ridiculously busy, with the forum crashing from time to time.
True. We had like 50 new posts every minute. Every time you posted there were 3 new pages...

Off to play some tennis now... Wow I am so surprised at the lack of complete and utter chaos. When ghost stories came out this forum was a mess (full of lootts of negativity) I think this album will have a little something for almost everyone which is exciting!! :D

Tennis? In this weather? Indoors I hope?

The forum crashed for me during the Tidal concert haha but it might have been my internet or something

It's a good thing "Yes" is the only dark, heavy, sexual, low-register-using song that Coldplay has done. If they ever included more than one on a single album I would just melt into a giant puddle of my own tears :dazzled: