✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I wouldn't call him a good artist with a good ear lol but he's released 3 of the best pop singles this year

Amazing song/video/dancing

4.5/5 would bang

awful song, it uses reggeaton based beat, but you must now all the reggeaton songs have the same FREAKING beat, you can dance it, yes, it could be fun, yes, but is the FREAKING same that all of that kind of songs, even bachata have more variation of this kind of music... as many things of the humanity this is a disposable 3-minutes song... is no trascendent.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, that was me that mentioned the loud thing. I was trying to get some work done and had it on in the background and it just didn't work. I love some Vance Joy or Lumineers in the background, but this one begs to be cranked up.

Yes, for me Depression Cherry by Beach House works well as background music, especially while studying late at nights.

A Head Full of Dreams works well when trying to listen to something which gets you up and motivated, or while surfing internet or something and especially well on Fridays after school or work. :D

I have not heard the leak yet but I have one question for those who have. Being as objective as possible and taking your own personal opinions out of it - is there a major hit on this album? For example not a lot of people loved Paradise when they first heard it but there was no doubt that it was going to be massive. Anything that comes close to that on AHFOD?

Sorry, but Major Minus and 1.36, while rocky (which I approve of), are executed terribly, and as a resuilt neither of them sound good at all. XMTS at least sounds decent, and is extremely experimental. It's simply a 3-minute snippet of what most hip-hop SHOULD sound like. If more hip-hop sounded more like that maybe I'd enjoy it more. I really like the vibe it gives as well. It's simply an extremely experimental track by Coldplay. I don't know why they felt the need to put it on the album (probably because Army Of One gives off that same vibe in a way and that Army Of One is short, and it also leaks into this song perfectly) but it's still decent at least. The effects are cool.

i don't know what is your criteria different from subjectivity to decide if their are terribly executed... their equalization is accord with a more hard rock song, the beat structures and riffs are all well used. The whole ambiance in the song are filled and produce a big coherent sound. Also 1.36 is a really old song with no production that the others two had, and they reached a classic noisy rock ambiance that is present in british rock since 70'.

about hip-hop, sorry i'm a big fan of black based music, and i think you must heard/read a lot of hip-hop, before write such offense to the genre. there's no pasion in XMTS, is a souless pop based song with no sing emphasis, cheap beat, and easy lyrics... hip-hop is not like XMTS because XMTS is not hip-hop at all...

I have not heard the leak yet but I have one question for those who have. Being as objective as possible and taking your own personal opinions out of it - is there a major hit on this album? For example not a lot of people loved Paradise when they first heard it but there was no doubt that it was going to be massive. Anything that comes close to that on AHFOD?

To be honest, I dont feel any songs being on that level. Except maybe Birds....the big hit will probably be HFTW

i read about ratings, i think is kind complicated make that with coldplay because every album despite their differences are well produced, but now we have AHFOD that have many high points, but at same time so much low points, and that is something that i didn't expected from coldplay, there's no oldplay o newplay, theres a band that have an identity, and could combine that identity several music sytles, they left it's identity aside in many tracks in order to innovate, and the result is this 'polemic' album... as i said before, for me was put POC in MX because i feel it's a song outside from MX concept, but that song still being good (i do like to hear it as a single track in a random playlist), maybe could be allocated for a soundtrack, as a b side of a single or a collaboration to a Rihanna album...

for me it's complicated to rank coldplay discs, because i love all their albums, seriously, but i'm sure about:

1. AROBTTH (leyend album)

2. Parachutes = X&Y = VLV&DAAHF(+PM) = GS (i can say i genuinely like them in an equal ratio)

6. MX (POC in the track list and not as a non-album song)

a lot of distance

more distance

7. AHFOD (many mistakes, 4 in 11 for me is too damn much for coldplay)

After listen it for a few days, This is how I rank the albuns:

AROBTH = VLV

Parachutes

X&Y

AHFOD

MX

GS

My favourites are Birds, AHFOD, Everglow and Amazing Day

Great minds think alike :D

SORRY if this is the third post in a row. It ain't showing up on my computer so I got to make sure it works. Any extra posts please delete :D

Yes, for me Depression Cherry by Beach House works well as background music, especially while studying late at nights.

A Head Full of Dreams works well when trying to listen to something which gets you up and motivated, or while surfing internet or something and especially well on Fridays after school or work. :D

Actually I like Ghost Stories for background music.

Hymn For The Weekend.