✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been wanting to post this since monday, my opinion of the album has changed drastically since then. Yes, I downloaded the leak last friday and yes, I will be buying the album in physical and in iTunes formats.

Anyway, the first two or three times that I listened to it I was like MEH, then AHFOD started to grow on me, as did Army of One, that one grew on me like crazy. I liked Birds from the get-go, it may be my favourite Coldplay song in the last 4 years but i like the record more and more each time i listen to it, this is the exact opposite reaction that I had with Ghost Stories, the shine wore off of that one real quick and I only ended up REALLY liking 3 or 4 songs from it, I regularly listen to it from start to finish and the only song I skip is Another's Arms.

Now that the dust has settled a little bit, I would confidently rank the albums like this:

1. Parachutes

2. AROBTTH

3. VLVODAAHF

4. MX/AHFOD

5. X&Y

6. Ghost Stories

• Like 1

Hi! New here!

What's with the X&Y dislike I keep seeing on the boards? I don't get it. It's got Fix You, Till Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the Sea, What if and Talk! I admit AROBTTH is my favorite album of theirs but that's because I find it the most interesting. But X&Y is so romantic!

• Like 1

Hi! New here!

What's with the X&Y dislike I keep seeing on the boards? I don't get it. It's got Fix You, Till Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the Sea, What if and Talk! I admit AROBTTH is my favorite album of theirs but that's because I find it the most interesting. But X&Y is so romantic!

dont let the post above you fool you. some of us may rank X&Y low, but thats only because some album has to be last. It doesnt mean we dont like it, just less than others.

Actually, I think most of us rank it high. That post doesnt represent the general consensus of the forum

Hi! New here!

Personally, i don't dislike it, i just think it's too bloated but it has some of the best Coldplay songs in it, songs i regularly listen to. Also, it contains the only Coldplay song that i don't like AT ALL: Twisted Logic.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

It's hard to pick a least favorite but I guess mine would have to be Ghost Stories as I really only like 3 songs on the album: Midnight, Sky Full of Stars & O. The rest is meh...Though the music video for Magic was beautiful I just don't like the song...

Hi! New here!

Those songs are all amazing!! And of course opinions can vary but to me, X&Y simply doesn't flow as an album AS well as the others! This doesn't mean I really dislike the album, it just isn't as good

Guest diogo_sg
Is it normal that this album keep repeating in my head since the leak or that's just me :D ?

Especially AHFOD , Fun , Up&Up !!

I've had AHFOD, Fun, Everglow and Army Of One stuck in my head for days now [emoji7]

Enviado do meu A3-A10 através de Tapatalk

What's with the X&Y dislike I keep seeing on the boards? I don't get it. It's got Fix You, Till Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the Sea, What if and Talk!

We are talking about whole album, and for me it's not about how many favourite tracks it has, good album should be solid and complete. Not the case with X&Y. But it have it's moments. Though I liked most "How You See The World".

After having a little while to get used to this album, I think it's a perfect example of a grower. I liked a lot of its songs right away, but it still seemed a little off for a bit. It's now that I'm a little familiar and get to notice the attention to detail that it really shines as a collection of unique and colorful songs.

• Like 1

X&Y is great, my favorite thing about it is the fact that there are 13 well done, full length songs on the album. It's not fair that we only have 10 full length songs on AHFOD, especially after having a short GS album. :( I really hope there's an EP or something to go with this album.

• Like 2