✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! Actually, a friend of mine ..who's really talented ...tore it apart. Said the vox were shite ...and the bass/drums weren't mixed right. So I went back to work on it. Completely redid the vox.. Since you really liked it...I really want to hear if you think the new version is better or worse. I'll post it again when I'm done. I might be ruining it ..for all I know...that's why I think I could trust your opinion since you seemed to dig my style and influences.

Thanks:D The sound itself is pretty atmospheric, ill have a listen when you've posted it again:)

• Like 1

I just gotta say: fuck stargate.

I really don't think there is anything impressive about the production of this album, and I honestly am not a fan of them being a hoop that the band had to jump through to get their ideas "approved." I would say let the band be unrestricted and make whatever comes out. If it's shit, they learn from it. If it's good, they don't need pop producers to tell them so. But right now it seems like the production held back potential.

I really don't think there is anything impressive about the production of this album, and I honestly am not a fan of them being a hoop that the band had to jump through to get their ideas "approved." I would say let the band be unrestricted and make whatever comes out. If it's shit, they learn from it. If it's good, they don't need pop producers to tell them so. But right now it seems like the production held back potential.

I am not a big fan of how they produced some of the songs either, they lost some of their organic element and I did not like that much.

But I think its a misconception that Stargate had to "approve" Coldplay ideas! They said that they had to initially show their songs to them to see if Stargate wanted to work on them, but during the process it was actually Stargate who sent back stuff to Coldplay for approval hehe (Will and Guy mentioned it in a recent interview, how they stopped checking each thing cuz they were liking what Stargate was doing so much). Rightly so as its a Coldplay album at the end of the day :)

So yeah I agree with you that the production was not to my liking in more than one place, but it was undeniably what Coldplay wanted, otherwise it would not be in there.

• Like 1

Wow and I thought I post a lot lol

*LOL* You know there is one other forum I used to be in ages ago, about a video game. And there one of the members posted something identical to what you just did haha Sorry for what must have looked like "a lionisation attack" LOL

The thing is that sadly I rarely have time to be online, so when I do get time I tend to want to comment on everything LOL These past two weeks I´ve had this time which has been amazing to me, but dont be surprised if one day I just disappear and not post for ages. Sadly the latter has been the case for me for way too long :/

And the fact that they are credited as writers on all (most?) of the songs on the album really bugs me. It makes it look like Chris and co. can't do anything by themselves anymore.

And the fact that they are credited as writers on all (most?) of the songs on the album really bugs me. It makes it look like Chris and co. can't do anything by themselves anymore.

I had not noticed that about the writer credit. But I guess it makes sense with what Guy said in one of their last interview , about how they were before always working in a protective bubble but now felt relaxed enough to let other people contribute.

I've never contributed with anyone when it comes to writing songs or other creative stuff but I can imagine it may be quite an invigorating and pleasant experience

Why are they taking so long to reveal the official lyrics??? I'm tired of listening to Everglow because everytime I hear "so our corn flakes move on, how cars don't slow".

LOOOL "Go to your muffin" and "so our corn flakes move on". AHFOD is more like dreams of food hehe

• Like 1

What in the actual f*ck

I so loved your reaction! LOL And I so dislike that song haha

Thankfully for me , as much as he might love it, I dont think Chris has it in him to ever write a tune (or lack thereof) like that! haha

Oh and if he ever does, I see Will nostrils flare and Guy leaving the room *LOL*

• Like 1

X Factor......

The quality of Chris's current musical influences summed up in one tweet.

*LOL* Cant disagree with that! I never liked X-Factor and I cant think of a single X-factor song I´ve ever liked (probably Paradise being the only one, as it nearly ended up in the show!)

Good he´s not making a solo album any time soon hehe As long as he keeps churning out the likes of Birds, Hymn, Everglow, Up&Up etc if he includes x factor in his personal tastes doesn't bother me that much hehe