✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Next tour following lp7 (which may feature rihanna)-new interview

gai

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like it's gonna be true. :blank:

Don't panic, don't panic... just because there will be this collaboration (which I probably gonna hate) doesn't mean the album will be bad... calm down...

Okay, well, I just don't get why Chris doesn't want to put someone who is not famous (like Cat Power). She would get more attention, which I think is not bad. Songs like PoC becomes more popular because of Rihanna than Coldplay themselves. Ehh, that's just my opinion.

It seems like it's gonna be true. :blank:

Don't panic, don't panic... just because there will be this collaboration (which I probably gonna hate) doesn't mean the album will be bad... calm down...

Okay, well, I just don't get why Chris doesn't want to put someone who is not famous (like Cat Power). She would get more attention, which I think is not bad. Songs like PoC becomes more popular because of Rihanna than Coldplay themselves. Ehh, that's just my opinion.

Or just someone with a decent voice really... Florence Welch or so.. Just an idea :wacky: (Cat Power is great too)

that's exactly the point. we are music snobs. but chris has said that he doesn't want to be that guy. so what we may think of as 'selling out', he/coldplay may see differently. so i don't think they loose integrity in their eyes.

but would you feel the same way about any duet? what if he dueted with win butler on a coldplay album?

its not my case really, i love jay z, i listen to him without any problem, and i think that rihanna has an hell of a voice, i listen daily to Nicki Minaj, Kelis and other artists that fall into the "selling out" box, but i like their music so i dont really give a fuck. I just really don't like the idea of collaborations in albums, even if it was Win Butler, Ian McCulloch or Thom Yorke, i just don't like the idea of it ahah

If a collab makes it to the album I hope they'll find another way to display it than for PoC during the MX tour. I was lucky to go to the ONE concert with the actual Rihanna, but i had the feeling from the reviews of the other concerts that it was always kind of weird to hear Rihanna and see her on that screen like that. Idk. Maybe they can agree on a Coldplay-only version? I imagine that if it's a collab with Rihanna, they would make it a single and play it live in any case.

The worst part of having anohter song with Rihanna would be having to go trough all the hate here again.

POC IS JUST FINE, actually quite a good song, a bit overproduced yeah, but it has a totally not obvious structure [riff-A1-riff-A2-B-C-riff-D]

The worst part of having anohter song with Rihanna would be having to go trough all the hate here again.

POC IS JUST FINE, actually quite a good song, a bit overproduced yeah, but it has a totally not obvious structure [riff-A1-riff-A2-B-C-riff-D]

I agree. I don't understand all the hate for this song. Its not coldplay's best song but certainly there are worse ones.

Rihanna's already worked with the boys, I wish they'd work with someone they haven't worked with before!*She's too pop-py! (Not sure if that's a word but hopefully you get what I mean :P ) I'm sure we'll get over the whole "OMG Rihanna?! Why why why?!" thing once the new material is out. As annoying as Princess of China is, it's pretty catchy x

Guest howyousawtheworld

Dear Chris

Please realise there are other brilliant and more talented female singers out there that don't go by the name of Rihanna. Stop retreading old roads because I'm on the verge of losing interest. If you want to do that then maybe you should consider calling it a day? Not really what I expected of a band with a lot more to give but is seemingly just too afraid to show it for a full album these days.

What an utterly demoralising interview. Makes Chamberlain's radio announcement that Britain was at war with Germany in 1939 sound positively uplifting in comparison.

Regards,

Howyousawtheworld

Dear Chris

Please realise there are other brilliant and more talented female singers out there that don't go by the name of Rihanna. Stop retreading old roads because I'm on the verge of losing interest. If you want to do that then maybe you should consider calling it a day? Not really what I expected of a band with a lot more to give but is seemingly just too afraid to show it for a full album these days.

What an utterly demoralising interview. Makes Chamberlain's radio announcement that Britain was at war with Germany in 1939 sound positively uplifting in comparison.

Regards,

Howyousawtheworld

are u joking right

like, i hope so

I think they should do a duet with Chris and Will. Then people would listen and go "who is the other guy in it?" Then they find out and realise how even more talented the band is. Because Will was meant to sing in princess of china but obviously decided not to as it would be weird, but I still think it would be a good idea with another song.

• 1 month later...
I heard about this and the only thing I could do was this.0156bc3bdae8faa1158689f5b954d11c.jpg

I just couldn't believe it. In my opinion, Rihanna isn't the best musical artist. She's just too poppy for me. Why Chris chose her out of all the great artists in this big world is beyond my knowledge. But, Chris will be Chris. Nobody can change a man that's set in his ways... Unless Will's seal of disapproval can rise up from the ashes once again.

Sorry this is a very generalised comment BUT how funny is that photo? It's a crack up! I just loves it!

Generalized comment? Sorry. I'm not totally understanding what you mean by that.

And it is funny. I was literally in Chris's pose.

I meant rather than making an educated statement about the topic I was just being female and looking at the pretty pictures instead. So I generalised in the sense that I was being a stereotypical female :) A girls just gotta be a girl sometimes!

I think they should do a duet with Chris and Will. Then people would listen and go "who is the other guy in it?" Then they find out and realise how even more talented the band is. Because Will was meant to sing in princess of china but obviously decided not to as it would be weird, but I still think it would be a good idea with another song.

I wonder if they've ever considered letting Guy sing lead on at least part of a song. Will sang on The Goldrush and Death Will Never Conquer and Jonny has sang on Don't Panic, so now Guy needs to join the club! :D