• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry, I guess I still need to continue studying English

Yes, that’s what I meant to say.

It's okay :D

I knew what you meant. I didn't even notice until @I ran away noticed lol

Sorry viva savers, I vote PM/Poppyfields not Rainy Day.

(hope this doesn't effect Viva)

Lol you can vote for pretty much whatever you want at this point and it wouldn't matter, Rainy Day already has 9 votes so we are very safe :D

Honestly VLV is the most overrated song in Coldplay's discography. If we're talking the megahits, I even prefer Paradise (and that's coming from a hardcore Oldplayer might I add!) I think people are confusing thinking a song is overrated and thinking a song is bad. Obviously VLV is a good song (lyrically it's particularly strong) but I honestly think it's one of the weakest songs in its respective era. I can't get why people so feverishly love it. To me voting VLV over Violet Hill is just plain wrong

Ah, the differences in opinion ;)

I vote VLV!

Honestly VLV is the most overrated song in Coldplay's discography. If we're talking the megahits, I even prefer Paradise (and that's coming from a hardcore Oldplayer might I add!) I think people are confusing thinking a song is overrated and thinking a song is bad. Obviously VLV is a good song (lyrically it's particularly strong) but I honestly think it's one of the weakest songs in its respective era. I can't get why people so feverishly love it. To me voting VLV over Violet Hill is just plain wrong

I vote VLV!

I agree 100% the lyrics are a bit haunting and strong but the overall sound isn't the greatest to me. 42, lovers in japan, and yes are much, much better.

I vote VLV!

I agree that Violet Hill is definitely much better then VLV

I vote VLV!

In my opinion I don't really know why I like it. It sounds so beautiful to me, beautiful beyond words... But the differences in opinion are what make this world and debates so interesting. :)

BTW, I absolutely love Paradise.

I'd vote Violet Hill over Viva any day.

Oh, this is hard as I love all of the remaining songs.

So - on the danger of being murdered - my vote goes to VLV...:escaping2:

Not sure why so many people hate the song... but that's okay, differing opinions are what makes debates interesting. :D

That's okay, Viva is most likely not going to get eliminated this round as Rainy Day already has 10 votes. :D

According to my calculations @I ran away if we want for Viva to make it far we're going to have to get 6+ votes for specific songs we don't think are as good as Viva, that number probably rising with each round. The number of votes for Viva each round has certainly increased...

According to my calculations @I ran away if we want for Viva to make it far we're going to have to get 6+ votes for specific songs we don't think are as good as Viva, that number probably rising with each round. The number of votes for Viva each round has certainly increased...

Ok, we get that you like the song, but this is getting silly now.

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Rainy Day[/td]

[td]10[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]The Escapist[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Most unfortunately and scandalously, Rainy Day is eliminated. :( The deeper that the knife goes in, the more you win. You end up with less than when you begin!!

My house:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Glass of Water

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Fuck why did people eliminate such an amazing song, even if to save Viva la Vida? While VLV is a great song, it is still the weakest of the songs left. So I encourage everyone to vote for VLV!! :P

Viva has the best lyrics. Its one of those rare pop hits that are critically acclaimed. Anyways, voting for Prospekt's March/Poppyfields to get the slow songs out of the way.

What have you got against slow songs? Especially slow songs as beautiful as Prospekt's March? :(

Ima give it a listen again. For now, changing my vote to The Escapist [emoji6]. It's just Vocals and Eno so...

I'm with you, Viva is not my favorite song, but I like it more than The Escapist, and as someone else stated above, Vivas lyrics are truly amazing.. I vote The Escapist

[tr]

[td]Rainy Day[/td]

[td]10[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]6[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]The Escapist[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Most unfortunately and scandalously, Rainy Day is eliminated. :( The deeper that the knife goes in, the more you win. You end up with less than when you begin!!

My house:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Glass of Water

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Fuck why did people eliminate such an amazing song, even if to save Viva la Vida? While VLV is a great song, it is still the weakest of the songs left. So I encourage everyone to vote for VLV!! :P

Just a note... didn't Viva only get voted for 5 times? you, beastwars, ov3la, The Adversary, and Danceteacher... I think beastwars voted twice come to think of it XD

Ha ha, looks like you're right! Thanks for catching that! I've fixed it in my original post. :)

No problem! :) I also keep a tally myself as well as the game goes on. Partially because I want to keep current tabs on the status of Viva. :cry: