✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #4: VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

thetwinparadox

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So currently VLV is very safe, but for Lost! all seems to be lost. It really buggers me that those great songs are going out while that awful "Rainy Day" is still around.

I disagree :D I feel that pretty much all the original (ie non-remix) songs on Prospekts March are better than Lost!

I vote for Lost! again... Get Lost! (Pardon the pun:laugh3:)

You're kidding me... Rainy Day seems like a bunch of jumbled parts together with no relatiion to each other.

EDIT: I do kind of agree it's repetitive. They could have easily added drums in there to make it much more interesting... but it's a ton better than Rainy Day.

Lost!

I love Rainy Day and cannot understand how anyone can think it a bad song lest alone think Lost! is better... but I think it's a good thing that everyone has their own tastes and opinions - otherwise the World would be a very boring place ;)

Lost! is actually coherent, Rainy Day sounds like a bunch of unrelated tracks mixed together.

I can see why some people are voting for Lost!, it's pretty repetitive, and they could have spiced it up by putting some real drums in there.

Any1 else think that if Rainy Day was still with School it would be a masterpiece?

Imo School works a lot better with Death and All His Friends. But Rainy Day School is still a great song! I remember once finding on Youtube an edit someone had made with DAAHF and Rainy Day to create a a vocal version of Rainy Day School, it was pretty good!

Rainy Day is a great Coldpay song' date=' VLV is not Coldplay neither a great song[/quote']

Rainy Day isn't great imo, it sounds like a bunch of unrelated sounds unlike VLV which actually has coherence (which is basic) and is a great uplifting tune and I don't know what else to say about it.

Rainy Day is a horrible Coldplay "song", and VLV is both a great Coldplay song and one of the greatest songs of the decade !

I totally agree! Rainy Day doesn't even sound like Coldplay at all, it sounds more like a 6 year old mixing completely unrelated tracks and not doing anything about it. As little as I know about how to make music I could probably do a better job of that song myself.

Viva la Vida is probably the greatest song of the decade. It's the song that got me into Coldplay at first. I don't know what's wrong with it. It's a beautiful song, but so far from the vote counts I've seen on here, it is massively underrated. I don't have any words to describe the song, it's something you've got to listen to yourself because there's not one word that can accurately (or even remotely) describe the total beauty of the song.

FUN FACT: The reason why Rainy Day sounds a bit schizophrenic at times is because the song recorded in two parts. It was first recorded as the chorus with School as the intro, but when School was appended onto DAAHF, they edited School out of the recording and recorded new verses.

Btw, imo Rainy Day is one of those hidden gems in Coldplay's catalog, proves that they can do more than write pop songs. ;)

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Lost![/td]

[td]9[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rainy Day[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]The Escapist[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March/Poppyfields[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Lost! just got lost!! :P

Every gun we ever held:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Glass of Water

Rainy Day

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Finally, Lost! is out!! Now, I cast my vote for....(drum roll please)....Viva la Vida. :P

NOOOOOOO !

I (Ran Away) will not let that happen. Everyone who cares about Viva La Vida just a little bit, vote Rainy Day to save Viva !!

Viva La Vida is the anthem of this decade. It is a song to be remembered in a hundred years to come. It was one of the songs that brought me and many others to Coldplay in the first place. It is a masterpiece, it is unique ! It deserves to last a bit longer !

I vote Rainy Day !

#SaveVIVA OOOOOAAAH OOAAAAOOOOH OOOOOAAAH OOAAAAOOOOH

Viva deserves to win. It's the greatest Coldplay song of all time (well, maybe not, but for me it is). I'll vote for Rainy Day to Save Viva. And Prospekt's March is another masterpiece as well as Viva. Please vote for Rainy Day to save this two songs.