✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #4: VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

thetwinparadox

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance, but what's "School"?

School is the title of the piano ballad part of DAAHF. It was originally conceived as a separate song before being recorded as the intro to Rainy Day (the two of them together is known as "Rainy Day School"). Then it was re-edited to the beginning of Death and All His Friends after the band decided that it worked better with DAAHF. Rainy Day had the verses we know today added on later.

Lol @ the tally already:

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Rainy Day[/td]

[td]6[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March/Poppyfields[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]The Escapist[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Rainy Day's getting destroyed already. Keep it up everyone! #SaveViva

I really love the huge battle between the Viva savers and the Viva eliminators, this is fun to watch :P

I am just wondering how long we, the Viva savers, can keep this battle up. To be honest this thread has become a bit of a pain - every round again I'm shivering to see if Viva will lose or not. For me, it belongs in the top three of this Era. I'd be very happy if it made the top 5. But due to the large (and for my part incomprehensible) hate on Viva I'm worried it will not even make it to the Top 10. But then I look at that list and I think, people, just think about it - is every single song on this list (and aming them some quite obscure ones !) really better than Viva ? Come on !

I am just wondering how long we, the Viva savers, can keep this battle up. To be honest this thread has become a bit of a pain - every round again I'm shivering to see if Viva will lose or not. For me, it belongs in the top three of this Era. I'd be very happy if it made the top 5. But due to the large (and for my part incomprehensible) hate on Viva I'm worried it will not even make it to the Top 10. But then I look at that list and I think, people, just think about it - is every single song on this list (and aming them some quite obscure ones !) really better than Viva ? Come on !

I completely agree. It's an interesting battle to say the least, and ever since I've joined the elimination game of X&Y I've been keeping a tally myself as the thread goes on. I really hope we can save Viva until at least the Top 5. Until Viva dies (or wins) I'll vote every other song to save it. This is really becoming a pain but I know there's a lot of Viva savers out there... but who knows how long they'll last until eventually they'll be voting to eliminate Viva.

Thanks, cp! I really hope so too. It deserves a place at least in the Top 5. Viva La Vida was Coldplay's greatest coup. It is the ultimate anthem. And to be honest, while stuff like 42, LiT (yeah its cool, but its a only short instrumental), The Escapist (yeah it's cool, but it's a one line "song") and similar things are still about I don't see why Viva should be eliminated.

The only thing is, we're getting ao distracted on saving Viva that we're 'wasting' our votes when we could be voting for songs that we individually think should go....