✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #4: VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

thetwinparadox

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's all part of the game but it kinda annoys me how everyone just decides on a song they are going to vote out to save the big megahit because a couple of people voted for it already instead of voting for what they actually think the weakest song on the list is.

Once again I vote VLV.

Thanks everyone for saving Viva and Lost! They are both quite safe. Here is the tally as of now:

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Yes[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Lost![/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Life in Technicolor[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March/Poppyfields[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I know it's all part of the game but it kinda annoys me how everyone just decides on a song they are going to vote out to save the big megahit because a couple of people voted for it already instead of voting for what they actually think the weakest song on the list is.

Once again I vote VLV.

We're saving the big megahit, because it's actually a great song.

BTW Yes has 8 votes, good luck trying to eliminate Viva.

I would say Yes does not have Indian influences, but rather Arabic ones.

People, please vote Yes in order to save Viva La Vida. It is a masterpiece. And if anyone in a hundred years will remember this decade in music, do you know which song will be remembered as one of the anthems, if not the

anthem of this decade in music ? I'll give you a hint: It will not be Yes or Lost !

Viva will probably be remembered as the anthem of the century, since music nowadays seems to be going downhill, and at a fast pace.

We're saving the big megahit, because it's actually a great song.

BTW Yes has 8 votes, good luck trying to eliminate Viva.

That's not really the point I was making. I was talking about in previous rounds before there was an orchestrated campaign to #saveviva and then a few posters pulling the strings in the game to convince others to vote something that wasn't their first voting preference. That's not really what the game's about, is it?

Like, for example: say, in the AROBTTH elimination game if there was a big enough influx of posters (but really it would just be a vocal minority) trying to #saveIBloomBlaum they could advance it very far in the game by influencing others opinions on how to vote.

Again, it makes the game more exciting (especially in the later rounds) It just annoyed me because I think Viva is currently the weakest on the list.

That's not really the point I was making. I was talking about in previous rounds before there was an orchestrated campaign to #saveviva and then a few posters pulling the strings in the game to convince others to vote something that wasn't their first voting preference. That's not really what the games about, is it?

Like, for example: say, in the AROBTTH elimination game if there was a big enough influx of posters trying to #saveIBloomBlaum they could advance it very far in the game by influencing others opinions on how to vote.

Again, it makes the game more exciting (especially in the later rounds) It just annoyed me because I think Viva is currently the weakest on the list.

@ the first paragraph: @thetwinparadox actually likes people using strategies to save their favorite songs. For example, me and @I ran away set up this whole campaign, because we really love Viva and we want to persuade people to vote for the song with the most votes in order to save it. In my opinion, the game is about eliminating songs that you don't really like to find what most people think the best song in a list is. The players of the game can do anything possible (within the game's rules, of course) to try to save or eliminate a song, and that can include creative ways of trying to save a song that they think should stay a few rounds longer, which can include campaigns to persuade people to vote a song out so another can be save. IMO, it's all a legit part of the game, since every game has people setting up creative solutions to problems. It's a natural part of games IMO and that's a part of why they're really fun.

@ the second paragraph: That's the kind of creativity I like to see. It's all a competition to see what song wins, and that can include employing those sorts of strategies to get a song very far in the game that a person really wants... I really like to see that. :)

@ the third paragraph. I'm completely fine with that. I don't disrespect your opinion at all. But I was just saying that we were trying to save "the big megahit" because, in our opinion, it's a great song. In our opinion, keep that in mind. Not in yours. Ours. Just want to clarify. So, we were trying some creative (and effective) strategies to save it. That's all :)

@ the first paragraph: @thetwinparadox actually likes people using strategies to save their favorite songs. For example, me and @I ran away set up this whole campaign, because we really love Viva and we want to persuade people to vote for the song with the most votes in order to save it. In my opinion, the game is about eliminating songs that you don't really like to find what most people think the best song in a list is. The players of the game can do anything possible (within the game's rules, of course) to try to save or eliminate a song, and that can include creative ways of trying to save a song that they think should stay a few rounds longer, which can include campaigns to persuade people to vote a song out so another can be save. IMO, it's all a legit part of the game, since every game has people setting up creative solutions to problems. It's a natural part of games IMO and that's a part of why they're really fun.

@ the second paragraph: That's the kind of creativity I like to see. It's all a competition to see what song wins, and that can include employing those sorts of strategies to get a song very far in the game that a person really wants... I really like to see that. :)

@ the third paragraph. I'm completely fine with that. I don't disrespect your opinion at all. But I was just saying that we were trying to save "the big megahit" because, in our opinion, it's a great song. In our opinion, keep that in mind. Not in yours. Ours. Just want to clarify. So, we were trying some creative (and effective) strategies to save it. That's all :)

I don't have anything to add to what cp said :)

And remember those campaigns actually wouldn't be more successful if many people would not participate, suggesting that many people do relate to the feeling of wanting to save that respective song.

Ha ha, I did say something like that, but it's not like I prefer that people use strategies, it's just simply interesting to watch how people use strategies. Personally I don't endorse nor object to the use of strategies. ;) I don't see any problem with using these strategies, and there's nothing wrong with not using strategies either.

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Yes[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Lost![/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March/Poppyfields[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Life in Technicolor[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

So up they picked Yes by the big toe, it was held from the rooftops until they let go.... :(

What still remains:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lost!

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Glass of Water

Rainy Day

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Night makes a fool of us in daylight....how did such a brilliant song get eliminated so early? Whatever, everyone hop on the Lost train! ;)