✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

Coeurli

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this one's going to be among my favorites on the entire album. Not a single opening track has disappointed me and I highly regard each of them, so I'm actually expecting more from this song than I expected from AOAL.

11 songs is long?

I agree. Viva fits 13 songs into roughly 42 minutes so 11 songs doesn't mean this album is long.

Apparently, this was the song that was filmed in India but Hymn For The Weekend looks like it's the second single so not sure!

Wow it be crazy if that video is not even for the 2nd single, but the third then! But how is he so sure about the title?

Didn't Saket say you could her the voice of a familiar pop star at the start? Or have I made that up?

I assumed this was Beyonce's part and that she'd be a part of the theme music that runs through like Life In Technicolor/Escapist and Always In My Head/O, but Chris says she's in Hymn For the Weekend and Up&Up so maybe the 'theme' music kicks in later in the album than the opener, unless he just didn't mention that she's in this song too.

Also, what's going to happen to this video then?

another review

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: Exclusive review of Coldplay's title track A Head Full Of Dreams [<a href="https://twitter.com/diet_ice">@diet_ice</a>] <a href="https://t.co/on9gva5IMP">pic.twitter.com/on9gva5IMP</a></p>— Atlas Project (@ColdplayAtlas) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/664964471077666816">November 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

another review

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: Exclusive review of Coldplay's title track A Head Full Of Dreams [<a href="https://twitter.com/diet_ice">@diet_ice</a>] <a href="https://t.co/on9gva5IMP">pic.twitter.com/on9gva5IMP</a></p>— Atlas Project (@ColdplayAtlas) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/664964471077666816">November 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jfc

ETIAW is one of my favorite songs so I think I'm gonna prematurely say I love this already.

As I posted in the show thread:

AHFOD is a song I think most fans will love, and I think it will make a great concert opener. To me, it had a DLIBYH/HLH feel to it, very up beat and fun. Fits well with AOAL, very colorful. Best album opener? Hard to say, it's up there will Politik in the way it just explodes, very much how DLIBYH does.

So far, having not heard the album version, I like it a bit more than AOAL.

AHFOD is a song I think most fans will love, and I think it will make a great concert opener. To me, it had a DLIBYH/HLH feel to it, very up beat and fun. Fits well with AOAL, very colorful. Best album opener? Hard to say, it's up there will Politik in the way it just explodes, very much how DLIBYH does.

I'm horrible at remembering songs...LOL Especially since it's a brand new song, when you're in complete awe, once again, to be in the room with the boys. They played AHFOD twice. The first time, it was really hard to try to hear/understand lyrics. TV studios focus more on recording sound than live sound. Don't get me wrong, we could hear the song, but it will sound different when it's shown on tv. Jonny has riffs, Will's drums - oh I've missed watching him bang the s*it out of his kit. The song is very upbeat, and "happy" sounding. I really tried to pay attention more to the lyrics the second time, but it was so hard...something about things not being as they seem in a head full of dreams but don't quote me on that. There were parts where the crowd was all bouncing in unison - it has that kind of cheerful beat. Sorry I can't be more detailed...I know people will be recording it tomorrow at the KROQ/Tidal show. We were not allowed to bring in cameras or phones today. If I can think of anything else, I'll post more... but I'm just gonna say, they boys are back and are amazing, and it was obvious they're loving this and having the best time now...

I'm horrible at remembering songs...LOL Especially since it's a brand new song, when you're in complete awe, once again, to be in the room with the boys. They played AHFOD twice. The first time, it was really hard to try to hear/understand lyrics. TV studios focus more on recording sound than live sound. Don't get me wrong, we could hear the song, but it will sound different when it's shown on tv. Jonny has riffs, Will's drums - oh I've missed watching him bang the s*it out of his kit. The song is very upbeat, and "happy" sounding. I really tried to pay attention more to the lyrics the second time, but it was so hard...something about things not being as they seem in a head full of dreams but don't quote me on that. There were parts where the crowd was all bouncing in unison - it has that kind of cheerful beat. Sorry I can't be more detailed...I know people will be recording it tomorrow at the KROQ/Tidal show. We were not allowed to bring in cameras or phones today. If I can think of anything else, I'll post more... but I'm just gonna say, they boys are back and are amazing, and it was obvious they're loving this and having the best time now...

Thank you!!! :awesome: :thumbsup:

It seems like we have the new DLIBYH or Hurts Like Heaven here... but this time it's not EDM like ASFOS is! It makes sense if AHFOD is an explosion of happiness and color... that's going to fit the music video perfectly! Now I actually want to hear the song before its release, because I won't be able to contain myself when I stumble upon a recording.

OMG i love DLIBYH

Its likely that at the tidal performance we are gonna get this song,AOAL,Amazing Day and one ballad(Everglow/Birds) maybe?I dont think they would perform Hymn so early if its the next single...

Sounds plausible!

But take into account that according to Ryan Seacrest's notes of the album, Birds is not a ballad. Only Everglow.

I've been trying to remember a bit more about the song:

It opens with Will banging the crap out of the drums, Jonny chimes in with his guitar part, then Chris bursts into singing and dancing. I don't remember much of the lyrics (and as Diane said, it was hard to pick them out), but it's pretty much describing falling into a head full of dreams. There's some birds/flying reference, which made me think it was Birds at first. There's an ohh ohhhooohhhhaauh section near the end with the whole band, and I believe the lyrics closed with Chris shouting "in a head full, in a head full of dreams" then the song ends with a piano piece. We couldn't really hear the piano part at the end. The first take, Chris played it. During the second take, Corden jumped on the piano. They told him to play whatever and the sound would be added in.

"It opens with Will banging the crap out of the drums" [emoji115] thank you god. [emoji120] is it like politik or were there synths in the background during the drumming?

It opens with Will banging the crap out of the drums, Jonny chimes in with his guitar part, then Chris bursts into singing and dancing. I don't remember much of the lyrics (and as Diane said, it was hard to pick them out), but it's pretty much describing falling into a head full of dreams. There's some birds/flying reference, which made me think it was Birds at first. There's an ohh ohhhooohhhhaauh section near the end with the whole band, and I believe the lyrics closed with Chris shouting "in a head full, in a head full of dreams" then the song ends with a piano piece. We couldn't really hear the piano part at the end. The first take, Chris played it. During the second take, Corden jumped on the piano. They told him to play whatever and the sound would be added in.

Can't wait to hear it next saturday! [emoji51][emoji119]